Temasek Holdings will be distributing an Oximeter to each household

Fitvip

11 minutes ago, 13177 said:

I remember i was wearing those 'smart watch' that can measure my pulse rate, when i see the reading on the watch like always high and it give me anxiety lo. In the end i stop wearing such watch liao. Lol.

Stop looking at pretty gals 😁🤟 . It's no good for the heart . I stopped looking at BB already😜

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 5

11 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Even though my BP reading still quite normal, but i still measure my BP almost daily. [:p]

Good man. Me only do it a week or two before the follow up appointment. 😓

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, Angcheek said:

Stop looking at pretty gals 😁🤟 . It's no good for the heart . I stopped looking at BB already😜

Of course you have stopped looking at bb.

She is on four wheels now and no more on two wheels.  

• Haha! 3

Supersonic
1 minute ago, Kopites said:

Good man. Me only do it a week or two before the follow up appointment. 😓

I find it is good to measure our BP often la, esp if you have the BP checking machine and when you are not getting young liao.

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

You never heard the sexpert says meh... :slow:

One round (shot) equal to 30 minutes of exercises .... :ph34r:

So must check oxy level before thinking of exercises again.  [crazy] 

🤣

Supersonic
10 minutes ago, Ahwhye said:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid-19-task-force-co-chairs-broad-plan-new-normal-op-ed-15079872

lai lai lai, talk new normal liao.... give you this oximeter, if you infected and recover at home, can ownself test ownself, no good then call ambulance....

So meaning now we have the ART test kit and this oximeter really can ownself test and recover ownself liao?! Lol.

• Haha! 1

22 minutes ago, 13177 said:

So meaning now we have the ART test kit and this oximeter really can ownself test and recover ownself liao?! Lol.

abuthen? dun waste hospital bed hor, these precious resource can be better used to welcome the incoming delta+ force.......

Futile gesture. 

As per @Lala81

The oxygen-haemoglobin dissociation curve is sigmoid in shape, most closely modelled by y = 1/(1+e^(-x)), adjusted with the appropriate coefficients. 

d7b5bbdc1fff04a3e5c939c5705cb1d8.jpg.2436565a2eea08aa3fcab6224b9cd828.jpg

The partial pressure of O2 (independent variable) is what determines the oxygen available for tissue respiration. 

The oxygen saturation (dependent variable) is what an oximeter is measuring. 

At the critical parts of the range, the behaviour of the function guarantees insensitivity of the dependent variable on the independent. 

Add to that the vagaries of a cheap ass instrument, uncalibrated, un-QCed and used by unsophisticated users, you basically have a useless test. Which can be dangerous if it gives a false sense of assurance.

• Praise 6
  • Shocked 1

3 hours ago, Lala81 said:

highly transmissible to family members leh, this current variant. If someone kana in the family and is home quarantined. Almost guaranteed it's most of the whole family kana.

That is why it is recommended to sanitise the meter before and after use, but, it is not fool proof.

Turbocharged
4 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

My xiaomi watch band can also measure SpO2! hahaha.

Then Temasek should give Xiaomi Mi Watch instead.😁

• Haha! 5

Internal Moderator
Just now, DOBIEMKZ said:

Then Temasek should give Xiaomi Mi Watch instead.😁

Watch one person wear mah. The SpO2 machine can share mah. haha

• Haha! 2

5 hours ago, Nolicense said:

so this oximeter thing is just unreliable and by the time it is useful to show you a low reading, all other symptoms like a blue face and breathlessness already confirm what you suspect already.

would it be presumptuous of me to say this free oximeter thing is a waste of tax dollars?

There is at least one person super happy in Singapore - the one selling the oxymeter!

• Haha! 3

5 hours ago, Lala81 said:

i have some cheap oximeters in my clinic, i usually take their readings with a pinch of salt. I usually use it to reassure those people who think they are breathless/hyperventilating.
It's not hospital grade equipment. 

By the time the oximeter shows anything, is yanzhong already lah. [laugh] The person should have consulted a doctor before then...

Wah, used as a placebo nia? 😂

Hypersonic

If it get below 94%, your lung probably compromises. What it's 96%, which is consider normal? Should gan cheong or not?

Hypersonic
42 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

There is at least one person super happy in Singapore - the one selling the oxymeter!

Need to panic buy oxygen tank.

• Haha! 2

By time u hit 95% too late liao 

perhaps this is for past covid sufferers

• Haha! 1

6 hours ago, Lala81 said:

i have some cheap oximeters in my clinic, i usually take their readings with a pinch of salt. I usually use it to reassure those people who think they are breathless/hyperventilating.
It's not hospital grade equipment. 

By the time the oximeter shows anything, is yanzhong already lah. [laugh] The person should have consulted a doctor before then...

I think good to monitor daily for people who think they are getting breathless more often.

In many of The Taiwan cases, most of them fall below 70 gradually without knowing until become too late.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4
  • Shocked 1