The silence on Canada’s indigenous deaths shame shows there are double standards on global human rights

DOBIEMKZ

Twincharged

If you bother to search through Straits Times, which I just did (yes, still in office since Editor also in the office), you will learn that there are far worse than what we had just read.

Fortunately, it was all in the past. Moving forward, I am glad that with all the "monitoring" by CCTV, satellites and etc, hopeful such regrettable events would never happen.

Is burning someone alive tied at stack believed to be a witch worse than capital punish by hanging? Is devastating bombing of a sovereign country all in the name of terrorist / having weapon of mass destruction killing many innocents including children worse than landmines left behind blowing up limbs and killing lives? 

The point is the past is a good teacher, but unfortunately, we as a species never learn.

Just nice, I saw Editor just drove off the premise from my office window. I am going home now.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

History must be remembered. While we have to move on and forgive, we should never forget so that it will not be repeated and justified. 

• Praise 2

i say before.

human right is not worth a cents now that it become a weapon for the west to counter and attack their rivals.

who give a damn about those cutthroat amdk soldiers and their war crimes? hell they even receive medals for it if any 1 believe.. 

who dare to speak up or take action against israel for their action against palestine

recently saw this on ST. https://www.straitstimes.com/world/middle-east/us-says-iran-election-not-free-and-fair

why dun they go talk about other middle east country like saudi arabia 

• Haha! 1

42 minutes ago, Beregond said:

i say before.

human right is not worth a cents now that it become a weapon for the west to counter and attack their rivals.

who give a damn about those cutthroat amdk soldiers and their war crimes? hell they even receive medals for it if any 1 believe.. 

who dare to speak up or take action against israel for their action against palestine

recently saw this on ST. https://www.straitstimes.com/world/middle-east/us-says-iran-election-not-free-and-fair

why dun they go talk about other middle east country like saudi arabia 

i believe it is not double standards.

i believe it is hypocrisy because might is right.

but that will make everyone see the truth, so they need to use the msm to fool the dimwits into thinking they do no wrong and smear everyone else for their own agenda.

some people can never see through this. thats why we call them sheep 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

(edited)

Wow. Thousands of children killed by the catolic church? 

Where is justice? Seems like the people have to take it into their own hands.

Edited by ToyotaShuttle
  • Sad 1

Supercharged
5 minutes ago, Beregond said:

https://mothership.sg/2021/07/canada-churches-fire-residential-schools-anger/?fbclid=IwAR2CWsFU0QDvb89BxEt1aSI33W5QOUM7qxCAFPGOIjIbMz9jE2hsHviGi5M

kenna burn down

Churches on indigenous Canadian land set ablaze after 751 graves discovered near residential school

Karmic payback. Like the invasion of colonial European countries by the people they lorded over.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
24 minutes ago, Beregond said:

https://mothership.sg/2021/07/canada-churches-fire-residential-schools-anger/?fbclid=IwAR2CWsFU0QDvb89BxEt1aSI33W5QOUM7qxCAFPGOIjIbMz9jE2hsHviGi5M

kenna burn down

Churches on indigenous Canadian land set ablaze after 751 graves discovered near residential school

some groups of people think they are the chosen people.

its ok, a great flood will come and destroy the earth and leave only the faithful, but that doesnt mean they shouldnt help themselves by killing a few first.

4 minutes ago, Nolicense said:

some groups of people think they are the chosen people.

its ok, a great flood will come and destroy the earth and leave only the faithful, but that doesnt mean they shouldnt help themselves by killing a few first.

24 minutes ago, Kklim said:

Karmic payback. Like the invasion of colonial European countries by the people they lorded over.

they got it off lightly if only a few church are burn down and some sorry speech given

1 thing they dun need worry is sanctions😆

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
2 minutes ago, Beregond said:

there should be more unmarked mass graves if they go looking.. no body is looking. why would they?

only when the news cycle finds it can milk some eyeballs and therefore money, would they bother.

were the people terrorists? oh they strap bombs on the children..

need to indoctrinate them? start them young

yes yes.. they say they will not forget.. if it serves the propaganda of the day. 

heck they may even wear it as a badge of honor and then go round the world to preach children rights.

the extent of the show they put on sometimes makes me wonder.. yea it makes one feel better after doing some acts of remembrance.. hug a few people, cry a few tears.

sure it was a long time ago.. "we dont do this anymore" they say

i'd be weary.. 

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Don't see any response from the Vatican yet?

This is arguably a Vatican more than a Canada govt thing. 

This not the first case... happened basically everywhere they go. Perhaps its a problem of religion hegemony rather than just the catholic church per se.

But there's no silence... it's on the news everywhere,  Canada is not silencing,  threatening,  jailing,  banning etc anyone,  any news org or and countries for mentioning it. In fact Canada is even calling for the pope to address it... pretty sure the archives in the Vatican has lotsa info. 

The Vat however... there's the silence. 

Below is a somewhat relevant debate,  but glass hearts better don't watch.  

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
6 minutes ago, Playtime said:

Don't see any response from the Vatican yet?

This is arguably a Vatican more than a Canada govt thing. 

This not the first case... happened basically everywhere they go. Perhaps its a problem of religion hegemony rather than just the catholic church per se.

But there's no silence... it's on the news everywhere,  Canada is not silencing,  threatening,  jailing,  banning etc anyone,  any news org or and countries for mentioning it. In fact Canada is even calling for the pope to address it... pretty sure the archives in the Vatican has lotsa info. 

The Vat however... there's the silence. 

Below is a somewhat relevant debate,  but glass hearts better don't watch.  

force of good.. yea.. lol

the secret of democracy married with free press is if the damage from hiding is more than letting it be known publicly is you take away to eruption of pent up anger.

people are not just angry about the deed. they are angry the gahmen attemmpts to hide the deed. so the immediate backlash is the hiding intent.

just like a child did something a parent knows is wrong and the parent ask the child why they did that.

if the child lies, the parent is more angry about the lie than the deed and punishes the child for lying first before addressing the deed which may be something that can be reasonably dealt with in a calmer manner.

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, Nolicense said:

force of good.. yea.. lol

the secret of democracy married with free press is if the damage from hiding is more than letting it be known publicly is you take away to eruption of pent up anger.

people are not just angry about the deed. they are angry the gahmen attemmpts to hide the deed. so the immediate backlash is the hiding intent.

just like a child did something a parent knows is wrong and the parent ask the child why they did that.

if the child lies, the parent is more angry about the lie than the deed and punishes the child for lying first before addressing the deed which may be something that can be reasonably dealt with in a calmer manner.

whats the point of any sorry speech or respond. or what respond does any 1 expect those leader to give?? lol

those kids already dead, the whole civilization  change. do some prayer bababa??. i dun believe in such stuff.

if any thing, such accident just teach and remind and tell the world that  those that are shouting thief could very well be a bigger thief themself. or worst maybe even a robber or murder.

alway see things on both sides. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1