Shortlisted used cars on sgCarMart. Could use some advice!

AikL91

B&B car....Elantra, decent power, lots of supports, dont worry expensive repairs..not the best like Toyota/ Honda car,,also not the worst..just decent and good all round. Looks wise also quite nice and timeless...interior actually quite nice compared IMO.. but u will be one of many...almost like taxi cars liao

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

@kpsreekanth 

On 8/9/2021 at 12:04 PM, kpsreekanth said:

Hi All, Looking for advise. A newbie here. I'm planning to get a second hand car. Maybe 4-5 yr old PARF ones. Will be a first time car buyer and have no experience. Whenever i travel outside for vacation, generally rents car. Which is mostly Malaysia 🙂 But never rented or owned one in SG. Right now planning to get second hand car since my wife will need to travel to Changi for work and we are located in West. Don't want to spend 40-50$ daily on Grab. Hence looking for compact SUV or good hatchback.

My budget is around 60-65K (if i get cheaper, better). Was going through sgcarmart and thought Honda Vezel, Nissan Quashqai, or maybe a Volvo hatchback will fit my needs. Do you guys think this makes sense? I have read many comments in this portal about hidden issues with second hand cars. Will buying an OPC car and converting it to regular make sure there will be much lesser issues? Not sure if will need to spend lot of $$ for converting. Any other suggestions on type of car. Are there any brand new cars you will get within 90K including COE and thinks makes more sense than 4-5 yr old ones?

Sorry, there are lot of questions above 🙂 Appreciate if some of the experts in this forum could have a look and give some advise!!

Hi, thanks for sharing your post.. 
im also looking to get a my first car… looking at second hand cars for now since it will be cheaper and if got scratches also won’t be too heartache. 

im looking at Korean cars at the moment eh kia/Hyundai cerato avante Elantra. They seemed cheaper than jap cars. Just wondering in terms of maintenance and reliability, how these 4-5 year old cars compare against their jap counterparts. Do share or advise me as I’m quite new also

Neutral Newbie

Hi all, back to this thread again. 

Would like to understand more about sending a car for pre-evaluation check. 

Understand that STA gives grading from A to D but does not really go into detail about the condition of the car. 

In this case, would sending it to AA be a better option? 

Would also appreciate any feedback or recommendations you all might have for a reliable workshop. Thanks in advance!

↡ Advertisement