Well done Traffic Police Officers & passerbys for helping car driver to push stalled car from junction!

BabyBlade

Internal Moderator

FINALLY! Some positive and heartwarming news to share. 

Thanks to Mothership for breaking it down into gif. https://mothership.sg/2021/06/traffic-police-officers-push-car/

According to the driver, Tan Wei Boon, his car's alternator was facing issues, and subsequently, the vehicle stalled and could not be jumpstarted again.

An alternator is a type of electric generator that charges the car's battery and power the electrical system when the engine is running.

Tan was out buying dinner for his colleagues back in office when the incident happened.

During his failed attempt to restart his car, a black Mitsubishi Lancer, a police patrol car with its blinkers turned on showed up at the scene.

stalled-car-clementi-police-car.jpg.c91fbbba82ba253b192de81ff813c327.jpg

It was drizzling at that time.

In the video's caption, Tan wrote that he felt stressed when he saw the police approaching him at first.

However, the pair of police officers who emerged from the patrol car then ran towards Tan and his stalled car.

It turned out they had arrived to give the driver a hand by pushing his car out of the busy intersection onto a smaller road and into a nearby housing estate car park.

The video extracted from the stalled car's rear camera showed the two police officers pushing the car from behind while the driver steered.

2-police-push-stalled-car.gif.410a1c27ab9890e0096b2cf13eea13cc.gif

The two officers had their face masks on at that time.

At one point, the driver could be heard asking one of the officers to switch places: "Exchange now, I push, you drive?"

But the officers continued to push the car to the nearby car park while the driver steered.

Right after this short conversation, a car with hazard lights turned on slowed down behind the officers pushing the car.

2-police-push-stalled-car-hazard-lights.gif.8deabcf3d777ba3ef8f327b73b8b0e3b.gif

It appeared that the car was deliberately providing a buffer between the officers and oncoming traffic.

However, the driver of the car then got out and ran towards the two officers and helped to push the stalled vehicle.

2-police-push-stalled-car-another-driver.gif.31834621b32a60f8c369e51ed080fd54.gif

As the car was pushed past a bus stop, the driver who got off his car to help called on public transport commuters to help out.

One of them then joined in to push the car as well.

push-car-police-clementi-passers-by.gif.405a9dd9b434155cc07cd3cd8344b62d.gif

According to the video's caption, the total distance the car was pushed was about 200m.

Tan said he created the video to create awareness about the kind actions of all those who assisted.

He also said he has written in to the police to compliment the public spiritedness of the police officers who stopped to help.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 11
  • Haha! 1

Supercharged

Reminds me the other time a 7series stopped in the middle of Tanglin road and a lone traffic police try to push it. As I was stuck behind it, I went down to help and a few others join also but the 7series refuse to change its gear from "P", the bad of electronic gear shift. 

• Haha! 1

42 minutes ago, Soya said:

Tink for polis, it's more of public duty than public spiritedness

is it? this first time i see they help. so i think they are not duty bound to help.. last time poice man wear shorts they will certainly do it.

maybe any policeman in here can chime in... but if you want to remain anonymous, you can pm me.. i will not boa toh you.. lol

Supersonic

I have a few cases, the alternator died after discharging the battery flat, bcuz the driver doesn't know or was paying attention to the battery light in the dashboard.

Change to a new battery fully charge and off they go, after I warned them not to drive around, but immediately go home first, then workshop earliest when possible.

(edited)

To See Kian Beng & TOC, that was policemen abusing the car with help from member of public also .... :serious-business:

The car refused to move and they forced it to move by pushing it. :pissed-off:

:grin:

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15
  • Haha! 5

Turbocharged
58 minutes ago, Xers007 said:

Reminds me the other time a 7series stopped in the middle of Tanglin road and a lone traffic police try to push it. As I was stuck behind it, I went down to help and a few others join also but the 7series refuse to change its gear from "P", the bad of electronic gear shift. 

I think there got to be a shift-lock release somewhere....🙄🙄

Unless that 7 series doesn't have one that's too bad.😅

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
25 minutes ago, Nolicense said:

is it? this first time i see they help. so i think they are not duty bound to help.. last time poice man wear shorts they will certainly do it.

maybe any policeman in here can chime in... but if you want to remain anonymous, you can pm me.. i will not boa toh you.. lol

This a car so the police officers thought they could push it so they did it.

Let's see if they would do that to a tipper truck or bus.😁😅😅

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
43 minutes ago, Nolicense said:

Lol....this is how 'highly' folks think of SPF

(edited)

so .. a japanese b&b car can breakdown too .. 😄😄

anyway kudos to all the kind hearted peoples and police 👍

Edited by Mooose

11 minutes ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

On the other hand, if a police car breaks down, will you all help to push it?

Ah gong chia better not touch...😁

• Haha! 2

The spoiler caused too much drag and engine overworked.... 

But now we know spoilers can serve as a handle to push cars other than for putting makanan. 

• Haha! 2

7 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

The spoiler caused too much drag and engine overworked.... 

But now we know spoilers can serve as a handle to push cars other than for putting makanan. 

If the spoiler dislodged, who will pays for the damage ?   :slow: