Liverpool Football Club 2021/2022 - We go again.

Akula

(edited)
6 hours ago, Raymondism said:

Question is: who wanna sign him?

Seem like PSG and Atletico Madrid... :slow:

From ESPN :

PSG manager Mauricio Pochettino is reportedly an admirer of Henderson's and likes his aggressive style on the pitch. A move from Les Parisiens would sum up their own aggressive recruitment this summer, potentially adding the midfielder to the likes of Sergio Ramos, Achraf Hakimi, Gianluigi Donnarumma and former Liverpool teammate Wijnaldum.

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

2 hours ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Seem like PSG and Atletico Madrid... :slow:

From ESPN :

PSG manager Mauricio Pochettino is reportedly an admirer of Henderson's and likes his aggressive style on the pitch. A move from Les Parisiens would sum up their own aggressive recruitment this summer, potentially adding the midfielder to the likes of Sergio Ramos, Achraf Hakimi, Gianluigi Donnarumma and former Liverpool teammate Wijnaldum.

Then we shouldnt stand in his way .... :D 

we will also listen to offers for: Origi, Minamino, Shaqiri, Keita, Wilson and Nat Phillips

• Haha! 3

Liverpool played two separate 30-minute friendlies against Wacker Innsbruck and Stuttgart, with the Reds settling for 1-1 draws in each of the two matches.

Klopp got a look at Oxlade-Chamberlain in a false nine role while starting Elliott in a more central midfield role, and the German manager said he saw positive signs from both performances.

https://www.goal.com/en-sg/news/klopp-praises-elliott-and-oxlade-chamberlain-after-liverpool/1493dc765i2sx1rg33vhw73eyz

• Praise 3

Supercharged

Ox as a false nine? this is interesting. 

the main concern of these 2 mini friendlies.. is that both Gomez and VVD are not fit to play and unlikely to do so in any of the games for this week.  This cast a bit of doubt whether they will be match fit come the 1st game of the season.    

• Praise 2

Iirc Ox did replace Firminho a couple of times towards the end of last season. Ox is more direct and can provide more push since we have more creative midfielders these days.

Not surprising for Elliot to feature as no. 8 as he is not the fastest player around. He is creative and a good passer of the ball. When Suso was playing right wing, i used to wonder why he wasnt playing in midfield as the next Alonso. 

• Praise 3

12 hours ago, Raymondism said:

Iirc Ox did replace Firminho a couple of times towards the end of last season. Ox is more direct and can provide more push since we have more creative midfielders these days.

Not surprising for Elliot to feature as no. 8 as he is not the fastest player around. He is creative and a good passer of the ball. When Suso was playing right wing, i used to wonder why he wasnt playing in midfield as the next Alonso. 

Ox is a direct player with not much trickly footworks like Firminho. Like a bulldozer, direct chiong ahhhhhhhhh ....... :a-happy:

A good defender will able to study/read his movement and block his path. So most of the time, he will take direct & powerful shots at goal. [:)]

• Praise 4

Internal Moderator

Ox is a direct player with not much trickly footworks like Firminho. Like a bulldozer, direct chiong ahhhhhhhhh ....... :a-happy:

A good defender will able to study/read his movement and block his path. So most of the time, he will take direct & powerful shots at goal. [:)]

Arsenal's product is good one leh. Only cannot perform in Emirates only. 😂

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

Arsenal's product is good one leh. Only cannot perform in Emirates only. 😂

According to uncle picnic, Ox too direct... not suitable for Arsenal lol

• Haha! 1

Supercharged

I think among the front 3, I am most concerned for Bobby. His goals trending in the last 3 seasons are not looking good.  he didn't manage double digits goals in the EPL since a couple of years back. While we fave about his pressing and link up play, i think these goal returns are probably not good enough for the longer term in the next 1-2 seasons.  our front 3 are no longer the most prolific in the EPL for a couple of seasons already as the likes of Utd and city have already surpassed us in terms of goals return. 

When it comes to the midfield, the picture is even more gloom. Our new starting 3 midfielders of Fabinho, Hendro and Thiago managed a total of 2 goals and 1 assists for the whole of last season.  

What i am saying is that while our minds are stuck with lots of glory and spectacular goals in recent seasons, the truth is that the tap is drying up very quickly. Without Salah's goal contributions last season (28 in all competitions), we will be deeper troubles... Mane only scored 4 more than Firmino in all competitions.  

I think Klopp has to think about how to infuse the team with more goals...  if stuck to the same front 3 and this starting midfield 3, I think there may not be enough goals for the team to challenge for the major titles.. 

• Praise 6

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, Raymondism said:

According to uncle picnic, Ox too direct... not suitable for Arsenal lol

yah. I like OX during his time at Arsenal and Liverpool now also. He is a very hardworking player.

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

yah. I like OX during his time at Arsenal and Liverpool now also. He is a very hardworking player.

He was, at one time, the next Steven Gerrard....

• Praise 1

16 hours ago, Fooblack said:

I think among the front 3, I am most concerned for Bobby. His goals trending in the last 3 seasons are not looking good.  he didn't manage double digits goals in the EPL since a couple of years back.

He can't get his goals due to the facts that he draws 2 or 3 defenders away from the other two (Mani & Salah) main strikers. :a-m1212:

He is a team player and this is what I like most. Play as a team, not as individual. [grouphug]

Look at Mani & Salah, sometimes they tried to outshine each other and trying to score goals resulting one doesn't pass to the other with better chance of scoring.   :lll._.:

• Praise 3

16 hours ago, Raymondism said:

He was, at one time, the next Steven Gerrard....

in recent years, he has indeed been like steven gerrard - the gerrard who was growing up in his late teens. Obviously talented, but most of the time injured and couldn't play...

Let's hope he finally comes good, can do what he did against City 3 seasons ago, scoring from distance, on a regular basis.

• Praise 1

He can't get his goals due to the facts that he draws 2 or 3 defenders away from the other two (Mani & Salah) main strikers. :a-m1212:

He is a team player and this is what I like most. Play as a team, not as individual. [grouphug]

Look at Mani & Salah, sometimes they tried to outshine each other and trying to score goals resulting one doesn't pass to the other with better chance of scoring.   :lll._.:

i agree that Firmino is a good team player.

But i like the Firmino who was already a good team player, and was also scoring goals regularly, a few seasons ago, even more leh...

• Praise 2

Supercharged
3 hours ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

I guess if the team is firing in goals from all parts of the team, then Firmino's non-scoring contribution may be largely negated. 

However, when the team is sliding down in terms of goal trends in the last couple of seasons, then we may need to relook at the entire setup and each individual player in terms of the goal contribution to the team. That's where Firmino will be heavily scrutinised sooner than later, if he continues to struggle in the goals department.  

one way to infuse the team in its offense might well be that Klopp needs to make a significant tactical switch in the formation. i think the current 4-3-3 worked very well in the early years of Klopp's reign however in the most recent season, it has made Pool overly predictable and Pool just cant break down teams deploying a low block.  Variations and tactical changes may well be needed to ensure opposing teams cannot deploy tried and tested low block to stop Pool from scoring.  

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Fooblack said:

I guess if the team is firing in goals from all parts of the team, then Firmino's non-scoring contribution may be largely negated. 

However, when the team is sliding down in terms of goal trends in the last couple of seasons, then we may need to relook at the entire setup and each individual player in terms of the goal contribution to the team. That's where Firmino will be heavily scrutinised sooner than later, if he continues to struggle in the goals department.  

one way to infuse the team in its offense might well be that Klopp needs to make a significant tactical switch in the formation. i think the current 4-3-3 worked very well in the early years of Klopp's reign however in the most recent season, it has made Pool overly predictable and Pool just cant break down teams deploying a low block.  Variations and tactical changes may well be needed to ensure opposing teams cannot deploy tried and tested low block to stop Pool from scoring.  

Klopp must find a way to beat 10 men defense ..... :serious-business:

When other teams played against Pool, always about 8 to 10 men defending and trying to counter attack by catching Pool off guard.... :wut:

I noticed that when other teams playing 10 men defense, Pool likes to bring / dribble the ball to the goal line. Must try shooting from outside penalty box. :yuush:   

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1