Liverpool Football Club 2021/2022 - We go again.

Akula

What a night...

1 red card

2 injuries (hope not serious)

3 Salah goals

4 goals at half time 

5 away goals at OT

5 yellow cards

5 star performance

555555 (in thai)

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 8

Liverpool took the foot off the accelerator after Keita was stretchered off.   I would call it a prudent strategy to focus on possession and finishing the game injury-free.

• Praise 6

1 hour ago, Kopites said:

Hmm not really in fire just lighted a lighter.

So easy. Every attack seem like a goal. Mani must kpkb now on the bench.

Easy but some passes and finish is clinical.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

I am glad Ronaldo did not get red card, it would be letting him off easy. Rather keep him on the field to humiliate him further. His disallowed goal was the icing on the cake. 

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 3

Turbocharged

What a match. ManU ZERO - 5 Liverpool.

An emphatic win, with a bonus of a clean sheet plus a Salah hat trick.

He now scored in 10 consecutive games and also the top African scorer.

Need to respond after both Chelsea and ManC racked up big wins.

First half, we were impervious, we were faster, hungrier. There was simply no answer from Them!

Around the 60 minute mark, we took our foot off the pedal, partly cause the game was won and also the preserve our legs, Their challenges was getting worse. They could have had 3 players off, in the end only Progba saw RED for a dangerous challenge after VAR.

Hopefully Keita is not going to be out for too long. He is in a good scoring run too.

Next up, away to PNE in the 4th round league cup. JK should ring in the changes.

• Praise 6

Turbocharged

Mohamed Salah is the first player in Premier League history to score a hat-trick against Manchester Utd at Old Trafford.

The last one to score was the REAL Ronaldo for Real Madrid in the CL.

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

16 minutes ago, Akula said:

Mohamed Salah is the first player in Premier League history to score a hat-trick against Manchester Utd at Old Trafford.

The last one to score was the REAL Ronaldo for Real Madrid in the CL.

Arrh yes the era of the galacticos. Utd was a pretty decent team then, but were made to look like school boys... just like tonight. 

• Praise 1

35 minutes ago, Raymondism said:

What a night...

1 red card

2 injuries (hope not serious)

3 Salah goals

4 goals at half time 

5 away goals at OT

5 yellow cards

5 star performance

555555 (in thai)

Minor correction. Utd got 6 yellow cards plus 1 red. That's more than half the team... 😓

• Praise 1
  • Angry 1

6 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

Minor correction. Utd got 6 yellow cards plus 1 red. That's more than half the team... 😓

Haha thanks

Lost count after a while

• Haha! 1

Didn't think will win till so big, although I was cautiously confident and hoping to get 3 points. 

Game started evenly and it's been a long time since I felt the anxiety when watching a match. Used to experience it when matches were even and stakes were high...

Then the 2 goals came, and I was hoping the match will end there and then, worried that utd will wake up and come back - like what AM just did midweek. True enough, there was a period they played slightly better, and were threatening to score, and milner was off. I was worried the tide would turn... Then came the deflating 3rd, which was timely. 

Even better was the 4th, which set me at ease. I've seen come backs from 3 down, but not 4... 😅

2nd half continued the story, and we were 5 up. The disallowed Ronaldo goal n pogba just made it a really enjoyable night. 

Now to keep pace with Chelsea n City, and try to get ahead when got chance. 

A good morale booster for pool. But midfield seems to have a few injuries... hope not too serious...

Hope ole gets the backing still, and he makes amend by winning all the league matches in Nov, esp the first and last of the month. I'll be supporting them. 🤭

YNWA.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

Pool has a glaring weakness though. They just won't score from direct play when the opposition has only 10 men. Proven with Chelsea, AM and ManU.

So the best way for any opposition  to stop Pool from scoring is simply to start the game with 10 men!

Edited by Starry
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

8 hours ago, Mivec79 said:

Omg Another midfield injured 

Last season is defence jinx 

This season is midfield 

hence the importance of Gini, haiz. Consistent performer, hardly gets injured. 

Thiago/Keita/Ox ..... these 3 residents of sick bay. Krisflyer Solitaire liao 😂

Mina obviously untrusted by Klopp. Despite so many injuries, he still dun get a chance  

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2