Liverpool Football Club 2021/2022 - We go again.

Akula

I was most impressed by Konate in yesterday's game. He is massive and given more exposure, I think we can have a young and creditable CB to alternate with VVD and Matip! 

He is more commanding than VVD and he is a fast lad for his size. Kept CR7 very much in the pocket.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

24 minutes ago, Vegas said:

Man U self destruct in actual fact… was shaw playing 3rd CB? And Rashford playing wingback? Probably due to firmino pulling one of the CBs all over the place. But the space down their left was wah. They had 2 CDM and both maciam invisible. No cover, no nothing.. it was a Training match for our first team.

Klopp power. Rest Matip, no Fabino and Rest Mane… n win 5-0 😆

there was a passage of play, where i tot i was wrong.. TAA was in the CDM position, Hendo was in the RB position, Jones and Salah both in the RM position. If we really run out of midfielders, i think TAA may get to play there.. 

think Luke Shaw was set up to man-mark Salah and follow him all over the pitch.. hence, he looks like a 3rd CB lol.  what happened at the same time is Naby Keita was placed to play abit on the left defensive wing of Utd and Rashford was trying to cover off the spaces vacated by Shaw.  

The defensive set up by Utd was all over the place and it is almost suicidal to do that against Pool at this point whereby it is scoring for fun, particularly Salah.  15 goals in the first 12 matches of the season.  That's astonishing.  

TAA cant really play at CM unless we have another RB to play there... Gomez and Nico Williams are our back up choices there... neither of them will provide the offensive penetration if we swap out TAA.  

But have to say, we are running out of center midfielders... hope that Fabinho's knock isnt too serious and Thiago needs to recover quickly..  Now we are down to the final 3 CMs in Hendro. Ox and Jones..  The good thing is that the only real challenging game in the coming weeks would be Atletico next week. Other than that,  Pool's fixtures in the next couple of weeks are not the hardest. Brighton (H) and West Ham (A) before the next international break.   

• Praise 2

Klopp set a trap for OGS.

Think this was the plan:

Konate to come in for Matip to provide legs and headers. 

Keita's job was to overload the right side of our attack. 

Jota came in to harass the Man U backline relentlessly.

Milner, Jota and Robbo to keep pressing Lindelof and Wan Bikassa to create an overload... Firminho also leaned towards our left wing... pulling Maguire out of position.... Salah keep going narrow whenever possible to pull Shaw into CB... Rashford was left without support and TAA wasnt too adventurous in the first half... Keita became the spare man... popping up everywhere to nick the ball off Man U midfielders, to provide extra body on the right... iirc all our goals was the result of the big gap on our right wing. Even for Salah second goal, the move started from the left but ended up on the blind side for him to slot in first time at near post.

• Praise 7

Turbocharged
4 minutes ago, Raymondism said:

Klopp set a trap for OGS.

Think this was the plan:

Konate to come in for Matip to provide legs and headers. 

Keita's job was to overload the right side of our attack. 

Jota came in to harass the Man U backline relentlessly.

Milner, Jota and Robbo to keep pressing Lindelof and Wan Bikassa to create an overload... Firminho also leaned towards our left wing... pulling Maguire out of position.... Salah keep going narrow whenever possible to pull Shaw into CB... Rashford was left without support and TAA wasnt too adventurous in the first half... Keita became the spare man... popping up everywhere to nick the ball off Man U midfielders, to provide extra body on the right... iirc all our goals was the result of the big gap on our right wing. Even for Salah second goal, the move started from the left but ended up on the blind side for him to slot in first time at near post.

They say Klopp’s all passion n no intelligence on tactics

Too many pple underrate our manager.

today no msges fm any man u fan yet.. so spoil sport

Only 1 manager can rebuild a team and continue to be successful.. i hope klopp continue for a long time and rebuild the team. Exception was Liverpool in the 1970s through to 1990. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

As mentioned, Ole should have eaten humble pie and park bus from the start.  That's how Utd scrapped some recent points versus Pool. Instead, he was dizzy with his attacking options on hand and decided to go for broke, hoping for a CR7 goal or Rashford's power drivers.   

Bad choice esp when its defense can't seems to know how to press/mark spaces. Maguire has made to look like a Leicester defender under Brendan Rogers again.  When Luke Shaw cannot attack, it also shows his greatest flaws in his game called defending.    

All in all, Pool was probably normal in its overall game play while Utd was made to look really bad. Utd's next few games are really challenging..  Spurs, Atalanta, City...  cold sweat periods for Ole, if he survives to be still in charge .  

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

14 minutes ago, Vegas said:

They say Klopp’s all passion n no intelligence on tactics

Too many pple underrate our manager.

today no msges fm any man u fan yet.. so spoil sport

Only 1 manager can rebuild a team and continue to be successful.. i hope klopp continue for a long time and rebuild the team. Exception was Liverpool in the 1970s through to 1990. 

the longevity of Klopp's reign will probably hinge on his required 1-year sabbatical. My POV is that if this is what he insists on, I will say give it to the man... we rather lose 1 year of Klopp rather than having to change to another mgr permanently.  

• Praise 2

To me, this 5-0 win is a revenge for all the years of angst and suffering when I was a teen, supporting LFC. The humiliation by MU friends, school mates during back then still hurts until last night. From now on, I will be kinder to MU. 

I have never seen MU played so poorly. Or any team that got trash with similar score line give up themselves for a good 20 minutes of play. 

I don't think LFC performance was out of extraordinary. This was their usual playing style. MU defenders had been nervy since their CL league game against Atalanta. Today it was the same. The second goal they conceded was a result of defensive mistakes which really suck out any confidence the players had in them. 

MU need to change their owners. Very similar to LFC several years back. Lousy owners just ruin everything in the club. 

• Praise 5

1 hour ago, Hoseyboh said:

So you are the one fighting! 

IMG-20211025-WA0003.jpg

What is the stall address?

I do miss prata now.😀 Need to go support that stall. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

14 minutes ago, Gizmore said:

To me, this 5-0 win is a revenge for all the years of angst and suffering when I was a teen, supporting LFC. The humiliation by MU friends, school mates during back then still hurts until last night. From now on, I will be kinder to MU. 

I have never seen MU played so poorly. Or any team that got trash with similar score line give up themselves for a good 20 minutes of play. 

I don't think LFC performance was out of extraordinary. This was their usual playing style. MU defenders had been nervy since their CL league game against Atalanta. Today it was the same. The second goal they conceded was a result of defensive mistakes which really suck out any confidence the players had in them. 

MU need to change their owners. Very similar to LFC several years back. Lousy owners just ruin everything in the club. 

I won't use the word revenge since we have beaten them on many occasions. Torres! Remembered?🤣

Is more the cocky attitude they were exhibiting lately.

Finished above us last season.

Comparing ole with kloop when came onboard.

Comparing Ronaldo with Salah. 

Re-signing of Messiah Ronaldo.

Surely can fight for premier league...etc..etc...

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 4

Utd let in 4 against Leicester.

Our forwards are on fire.

It expected we score more than 4 as we are of a higher standard than Leicester.

:D

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

To me the problem is not Ole it Ronaldo.

He really disrupt their style of play.

He expects everyone to do the running for him.

I hope he plays every game.

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 3

1 hour ago, Jamesc said:

agreed, CR7 will create more problems than solving issues.  You will need to build the team around a 37 year old who will increasingly be limited in longevity and legs.  It's extremely short term thinking and probably banking in on the commercial windfall rather than real football success.  

If you look at the elite coaches in Pep, Tuchel, and Klopp, which of these will really take in CR7 while having to alter the entire team's tactical set up? 

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Kopites said:

I won't use the word revenge since we have beaten them on many occasions. Torres! Remembered?🤣

Is more the cocky attitude they were exhibiting lately.

Finished above us last season.

Comparing ole with kloop when came onboard.

Comparing Ronaldo with Salah. 

Re-signing of Messiah Ronaldo.

Surely can fight for premier league...etc..etc...

well, the danger is that we at pool may also become too big for our heads... let's just hope Klopp and the squad just keep their heads down and continue to deal with each game at a time...  next up, Brighton at home this sat.  

• Praise 1

34 minutes ago, Fooblack said:

well, the danger is that we at pool may also become too big for our heads... let's just hope Klopp and the squad just keep their heads down and continue to deal with each game at a time...  next up, Brighton at home this sat.  

dun play play , they no .5 ATM 😁

Edited by Beregond
  • Praise 2

1 hour ago, Jamesc said:

I had said before when news reported that CR7 signed for ManU. ManU will be disorientated by this "Super Star" status. It will offset the rest of the strikers.

Three games played and CR7 commanded OGS to ask the rest of the players to pass the ball to him quickly. Just came in and wanted a piece of the command ....      :lll._.:

Carvani got hit the worst, Rashford lucky due to injuries, Greenwood still young but show sign of frustrations and Sanchos look sian with his roles taken over by CR7... :sick:

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

3 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

I had said before when news reported that CR7 signed for ManU. ManU will be disorientated by this "Super Star" status. It will offset the rest of the strikers.

Three games played and CR7 commanded OGS to ask the rest of the players to pass the ball to him quickly. Just came in and wanted a piece of the command ....      :lll._.:

Carvani got hit the worst, Rashford lucky due to injuries, Greenwood still young but show sign of frustrations and Sanchos look sian with his roles taken over by CR7... :sick:

Actually i wont blame cr7 , even his scoring record for man u this few game is very decent.

OGS  select the players and set up the team tactics  . the fault lies with him 99 %

u see kloop pep tuchel. no player is too good or too big to be drop for them. mane didnt even start despite being fit??

TT is even hasher with his selection. after such a good start to the season alonso is drop , simply maybe he feel chilwell is player better in training. 

• Praise 4

2 hours ago, Gizmore said:

Man U dont need to change... really.... while we can still improve 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3