Liverpool Football Club 2021/2022 - We go again.

Akula

6 minutes ago, Beregond said:

Actually i wont blame cr7 , even his scoring record for man u this few game is very decent.

OGS  select the players and set up the team tactics  . the fault lies with him 99 %

u see kloop pep tuchel. no player is too good or too big to be drop for them. mane didnt even start despite being fit??

TT is even hasher with his selection. after such a good start to the season alonso is drop , simply maybe he feel chilwell is player better in training. 

I thot Mane will start as he was sub out against Atletico. Thats why was wondering if Jota will replace Firminho as Jota is the best presser in the team. Sneaky Klopp. :D maybe Klopp felt that he need to throw OGS a surprise... 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

5 minutes ago, Beregond said:

Actually i wont blame cr7 , even his scoring record for man u this few game is very decent.

OGS  select the players and set up the team tactics  . the fault lies with him 99 %

u see kloop pep tuchel. no player is too good or too big to be drop for them. mane didnt even start despite being fit??

TT is even hasher with his selection. after such a good start to the season alonso is drop , simply maybe he feel chilwell is player better in training. 

good and bad. for teams with big squads with many good players, can rotate, and if the mgr has the clout and the power, then he can do what he wants.

for klopp, apart from maye 14-16 players, he will prefer not to play the rest unless necessary, cos the starters are very seasoned, and it's not easy for the 'back-ups' to do a similar job a the same efficiency/effectiveness.

for OGS, it's prob more cos he's under pressure and is trying to get buy-in from his players plus also hope that his tactics can produce results. So when results were not fantastic, he resorted to hoping for miraculous intervention from his big-name players. This time round is CR7. hoping that CR7 can help get the goals and pepper over all the other problems the team has. too bad it doesn't always pay off...

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Raymondism said:

Man U dont need to change... really.... while we can still improve 

:D

imho, how we can continue to evolve would be the area of improved bench strength... i.e. the optimum would be having 16-17 players as the 1st team squad, with capable members in each part of the pitch/team to step into and play the same way week in week out, regardless who starts each game.  Believe this is the main goal which Klopp is working towards...  

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Raymondism said:

I thot Mane will start as he was sub out against Atletico. Thats why was wondering if Jota will replace Firminho as Jota is the best presser in the team. Sneaky Klopp. :D maybe Klopp felt that he need to throw OGS a surprise... 

this was a major surprise too why Jota started ahead of Mane.  I think it is likely cos Mane will pitted against Wan-Bissaka, also a pretty pacy and decent defender. Jota uses his positioning and goal-sensing abit more hence I think he was preferred ahead of Mane. This choice was well-justified with a well-taken 2nd goal of the team.  

another aspect is that Klopp is showing that he is in control of team selection... imagine Ole having to tell CR7 or Bruno that they are not starting for these crunch games...  

• Praise 2

24 minutes ago, Fooblack said:

this was a major surprise too why Jota started ahead of Mane.  I think it is likely cos Mane will pitted against Wan-Bissaka, also a pretty pacy and decent defender. Jota uses his positioning and goal-sensing abit more hence I think he was preferred ahead of Mane. This choice was well-justified with a well-taken 2nd goal of the team.  

another aspect is that Klopp is showing that he is in control of team selection... imagine Ole having to tell CR7 or Bruno that they are not starting for these crunch games...  

To throw confusion into ManU camp. They planned & trained to check certain players and when team sheet announced 2 hours to game, 3 players missing (Mani, Matip & Fabinho) which backfire ManU into replanning but not enough time as game starting ...... :we-all-gonna-die:

:grin:

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Fooblack said:

well, the danger is that we at pool may also become too big for our heads... let's just hope Klopp and the squad just keep their heads down and continue to deal with each game at a time...  next up, Brighton at home this sat.  

Should be Preston in the cup game.

• Praise 1

11 minutes ago, Raymondism said:

Cant wait to see Sepp VDB play for Preston... wait... can he feature against his parent club????

I am more keen to see Taki on action. Hope he do well. 

• Praise 1

8 hours ago, Jamesc said:

To me the problem is not Ole it Ronaldo.

He really disrupt their style of play.

He expects everyone to do the running for him.

I hope he plays every game.

Ronaldo - is still class player but due to his age and style, he slowed the play and rarely tracks back to defend. this match showed the real contender for Ballon award, which should be Salah's to lose this season.

maguire - defensive flaws and cnt be compared to VVD though VVD is not at his best aft his return from his injury. 

Henderson - age seemed to have caught up with him and he has slowed down in recent games. may other midfielders (re-role minamino/firmino, ox etc) step up to freshen up and not get overrun by teams. 

one game at a time and score as many wins as we can before we miss our african contingent for up to 8 games in early 2022.

ynwa!!!

• Praise 4

The win…was sensational 

The loss…was devastation 

Gonna take a dire revamp asap for the demoralized devils to pick up momentum again if ever 

im sure folks here will prefer never 😁

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged

https://www.planetfootball.com/trending/on-liverpools-glorious-day-jordan-henderson-turned-into-prime-kaka

The Liverpool captain took 144 touches, 31 more than any other player, without being dispossessed once.

He also completed 128 passes – 43 more than any other player at Old Trafford

i do not think Henderson slowed down much in his play, he was nvr afforded the no 8 role for more than half a season where he can show off his 'power'

but he has nvr shy away when asked to play any role.. rb, cb, dm, wide mf... he and milner probably come from same sch..

too many pple complained he only play sideways, me included. but over the years, i learn to appreciate him. team before self. you dun play for liverpool over a decade wo being very very good. the success of liverpool team in past few years is and will be a key quality Hendo showcase. TEAM before Self.

• Praise 4

31 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

The win…was sensational 

The loss…was devastation 

Gonna take a dire revamp asap for the demoralized devils to pick up momentum again if ever 

im sure folks here will prefer never 😁

After Atalanta match Paul scholes already predicted united will be wallop by us. Spot on!👍

At the 1.26 mark. ....go do that Sunday against Liverpool and see what happen....beg kloop must be watching the match......rubbing his hands together.....

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 4

The specific reasoning behind Jota's inclusion was less obvious, although Klopp has now opted for the Portuguese forward instead of Mane on two consecutive visits to Old Trafford.

Pressing could have been a factor behind the switch given United's issues when building from the back. Mane is known for his endeavour, but he has 37 final third pressures to his name this season compared to Jota, who has 58 despite playing roughly 150 minutes fewer.

Described as a 'pressing monster' by Pep Lijnders, Jota was suited to enforcing mistakes upon Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's deeper players, while also offering clear perks in attack.

• Praise 3

17 hours ago, Raymondism said:

Man U dont need to change... really.... while we can still improve 

Yeah.. keep sucky manu… 

we suffered for 30 years… time for other big clubs to have some experience too… 😁

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1