Liverpool Football Club 2021/2022 - We go again.

Akula

6 hours ago, Atrecord said:

what started brightly, fizzled out towards the end of first half. From possibly 3-0 up, we were quickly pegged back 2-1, and then the 2nd half was forgettable.

Keita who had shown good form - and survived last week's red-card-tackle scare - inevitably pulled up injured again... Sigh... i was hoping this will be his season. Guess he really isn't suitable to play so intense soccer.

Is Thiago gonna be ready soon? hopefully he can provide more control and composure in midfield, as these are sorely needed. Fab too... 

Hope this is just a blip and we can resume winning ways quickly.

Last I read hamstring. Going to be month if not weeks before we see him again.

The positive side. Thiago joined nthe training session. After international probably he will be back. Come Jan Harvey Elliot should be back in training. 

James said gini might come back in jan. We loan him back?😀 Just pay salary without signing long term contract..

Edited by Kopites
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

4 hours ago, Jamesc said:

I wonder if Minamino can play as a no 8

and play as an attacking midfielder.

He presses like crazy and can pass and shoot.

Maybe coning into the box late he can score a few like Lampard.

:D

i really hope an Asian can make it big in Pool.

but looking at how mina played last season, he lets opponents get past him too easily leh... 

given that every player - esp midfielder - in the team needs to attack and defend, he must make himself hard to beat, in order to get into the team...

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Kopites said:

Last I read hamstring. Going to be month if not weeks before we see him again.

The positive side. Thiago joined nthe training session. After international probably he will be back. Come Jan Harvey Elliot should be back in training. 

James said gini might come back in jan. We loan him back?😀 Just pay salary without signing long term contract..

i very scared...

apart from gini, the rest of the midfielders are all VIP members of the sickbay leh...

just hope Thiago has gotten over it, and can have a good, sustained run in the team till end of the season. We have yet to see the player whom when was first announced to be joining Pool, prompted Rooney to remark that then might as well just give the title to Pool...

• Praise 2

12 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

i really hope an Asian can make it big in Pool.

but looking at how mina played last season, he lets opponents get past him too easily leh... 

given that every player - esp midfielder - in the team needs to attack and defend, he must make himself hard to beat, in order to get into the team...

We just need him to work out in the gym with Tyler Morton.

image.png.a961314c6009d4a2edb1dd5dbd19ebda.png

image.png.9cfe7312c7c2669753b79abb3346ec7b.png

image.thumb.png.7821e0754eb9f6d9acda28f09d213601.png

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Maybe shld get rid of those injury prone players like Keita, Ox, Gomez, Thiago, Matip plus those not preferred like origi, minamino, etc and then buy the entire brighton first team plus Potter... then we have 2 teams to rotate.... lol

Edited by Raymondism
  • Haha! 1

28 minutes ago, Raymondism said:

Maybe shld get rid of those injury prone players like Keita, Ox, Gomez, Thiago, Matip plus those not preferred like origi, minamino, etc and then buy the entire brighton first team plus Potter... then we have 2 teams to rotate.... lol

actually origi and minamino perform quite well outside epl games. they should be give some game time in the league.

the season is very long with UCL. 11-15 players is not going to be enough.

• Praise 2

39 minutes ago, Beregond said:

actually origi and minamino perform quite well outside epl games. they should be give some game time in the league.

the season is very long with UCL. 11-15 players is not going to be enough.

Thats why i say we need 2 teams... to rotate.. Klopp is selective with his man for man rotation.. e.g. he trust  Fabinho as CB more than natural CB Nat Phillips

Seemed like our season hinged on whether Thiago and Fabinho will get injured before Keita and Milner gets back into the team....

Maybe we will see Firminho or TAA playing in no. 8 and Matip playing in no. 6 roles...

Edited by Raymondism
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Conte highly likely to return to EPL as Spurs manager... this is truly the competitive nature of the EPL whereby all the big owners (e.g. Newcastle) and coaches want a piece of the action.  

Pool's task to excel from the competitors will never grow easier. It can only be more and more challenging.  Klopp may or may not be around for that much longer given his 6 years into the role already. he also wants a break after next season so things are not so clear cut.  I fear that once we reach towards the end of cycle, the team may become like what Dortmund became in Klopp's final season there...  they just managed to escape relegation that year.   we cannot discount players' motivation and psychological state when coach's status is not clear. 

This season probably will offer the best chance for Klopp to win another trophy to add to his Pool legacy.  However, the injury crisis in midfield puts things very much at risks. Again, any calculated risks not to sign Gini's replacement will look abit naive if this injury crisis becomes worse.  Moving other 1st players to become makeshift midfielders will just be a repeat episode of what happened last season.. when both Fabinho and/or Hendro plays as CB, the entire structure of team immediately is set back and then renders the entire team largely ineffective...    

• Praise 3

This year too many centre backs and not enough midfielder.

When Lovren left and Klopp did not want a replacement.

This year Gini left and Klopp did not want a replacement.

I wonder if Matip can be an emergency midfielder if we ran out of midfielders?

• Praise 1

15 hours ago, Jamesc said:

This year too many centre backs and not enough midfielder.

When Lovren left and Klopp did not want a replacement.

This year Gini left and Klopp did not want a replacement.

I wonder if Matip can be an emergency midfielder if we ran out of midfielders?

maybe play 3-5-2 or 3-4-3 since it is likely the winning formula for the next EPL manager.. Tuchel or Conte 🙂 

• Praise 2

RB Leipzig 'lead the race to appoint Liverpool's sporting director Michael Edwards' and could get him in 'as early as JANUARY' 

His first job is to sell Karim Adeyemi to Liverpool

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1