Liverpool Football Club 2021/2022 - We go again.

Akula

I think there may be a case to keep Origi as he provides something different to our other forwards. Look at our forwards, be it Salah, Mane, Jota, Diaz or Minamino, all very short and small build whereas Origi provides a more physical presence when in the six yard box. In yesterday's game, you can see that time and again, our forwards were kind of surrounded by bigger defenders and robbed off possession quite easily whereas with the introduction of Origi, he was able to hold the ball better in the box and had a hand in both the goals scored. Even if Origi has decided to call time on his Anfield career, I think the Scouting Team should bring in a bigger build striker. We need such strikers at times when opposing teams all play like Atlectico Madrid.  

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

2 hours ago, Daryllim1969 said:

I think there may be a case to keep Origi as he provides something different to our other forwards. Look at our forwards, be it Salah, Mane, Jota, Diaz or Minamino, all very short and small build whereas Origi provides a more physical presence when in the six yard box. In yesterday's game, you can see that time and again, our forwards were kind of surrounded by bigger defenders and robbed off possession quite easily whereas with the introduction of Origi, he was able to hold the ball better in the box and had a hand in both the goals scored. Even if Origi has decided to call time on his Anfield career, I think the Scouting Team should bring in a bigger build striker. We need such strikers at times when opposing teams all play like Atlectico Madrid.  

dun think it is ever an issue whether we choose to keep Origi. It is probably a choice that he will make to ply his trade elsewhere. I think in terms of budget, Pool will probably low-ball a contract extension. But personally, i think Origi should start thinking of going elsewhere such that he is able to play more regularly.  

We have been fortunate with Origi's willingness to stick to the club for these years and still maintaining the sharpness whenever called upon.  He does provide a more physical and height to the attack.  I doubt Pool will be able to replace someone like him as we usually dun play with a proper and traditional no. 9.

So lets enjoy Origi while he is still here...  wouldnt mind another UCL final goal to top it all out.  

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Divork the Legend! He is Truely The One Worthy of CULT HERO status...

I think he is leaving, and i dun blame him. we should still pay him a loyalty bonus for seeing out his contract professionally whist adding Goals and Assists!

The CB Richarlison nvr get red for the Hendo Shin Kick? WTF Sia

That Diaz Rabona take... Wow

• Praise 3

watched the match, and was quite frustrated and worried in the first half. Everton was just interested in not letting Pool score, and blocked all attempts to get near the final third. Pool was not imaginative, and there were just no to create space and open them up.

then there is that gordon chap who managed to beat a few players few times. Just heng that he dived enough, to influence referee/VAR to not entertain the tussle with Matip...

Gray also had a decent shot that was close, plus Decoure managed to go past VVD once in first half, but shot wide...

Everton must have watched Athletico vs City recently, and did their best to emulate AM...

Anyway, good 3 points. But no signs of City dropping - can only continue to hope...

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Atrecord said:

watched the match, and was quite frustrated and worried in the first half. Everton was just interested in not letting Pool score, and blocked all attempts to get near the final third. Pool was not imaginative, and there were just no to create space and open them up.

then there is that gordon chap who managed to beat a few players few times. Just heng that he dived enough, to influence referee/VAR to not entertain the tussle with Matip...

Gray also had a decent shot that was close, plus Decoure managed to go past VVD once in first half, but shot wide...

Everton must have watched Athletico vs City recently, and did their best to emulate AM...

Anyway, good 3 points. But no signs of City dropping - can only continue to hope...

Everton's main issue all season is that their forwards cant convert chances away.  While watching this game, as long as Everton dun score, you know that Pool just need to put away a chance and the game will be taken away from Everton.  And so it proved. 

• Praise 2

Big strong fast

Darwin Nunez!

:D

image.thumb.png.420bf7bedd2debdb13e36492d6862184.png

4 hours ago, Daryllim1969 said:

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 2

14 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Big strong fast

Darwin Nunez!

I am honestly not very impressed by this Nunez from Benfica and he won't be on the cheap. I think there are better strikers out there that better suit our game and maybe cheaper.

• Praise 1

You did see him score against the best team in the world?

Darwin Nunez nets 28th goal of the season against Liverpool.

image.thumb.png.9900f8e28030ddbe06cc629d3ea202da.png

5 minutes ago, Daryllim1969 said:

I am honestly not very impressed by this Nunez from Benfica and he won't be on the cheap. I think there are better strikers out there that better suit our game and maybe cheaper.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Big strong fast

Darwin Nunez!

i like him.. but at 80m euros price quoted, pool wun be buying for him to sit on bench as plan C

unless he prove himself to be able to play in 4-3-3 + plus having manure or spurs go nego the price down, i dun think we see him @  Liverpool

• Praise 4

I think Everton should have got the second penalty.

But because Flash Gordon dived for the first pen

and all the play acting and time wasting

the ref thought it was a dive!

Because Everton played dirty they got exactly what they deserved

A big fat zero.

They really deserve it.

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

6 hours ago, Fooblack said:

Everton's main issue all season is that their forwards cant convert chances away.  While watching this game, as long as Everton dun score, you know that Pool just need to put away a chance and the game will be taken away from Everton.  And so it proved. 

ha ha... actually the only recent Everton match i have any impression of, was the one against City, where i felt Everton was robbed a penalty and a chance in the last few min, to equalise. So i actually didn't notice much of their deficiency... had mentioned at that time that i'll forgive prickford if he had kept a clean sheet but he didn't manage, so hope that this dirty team gets relegated, esp now that Rafa's gone...

• Praise 4

15 hours ago, Vegas said:

i like him.. but at 80m euros price quoted, pool wun be buying for him to sit on bench as plan C

unless he prove himself to be able to play in 4-3-3 + plus having manure or spurs go nego the price down, i dun think we see him @  Liverpool

With Fábio Carvalho all certain to join Pool's attack this summer, the likelihood is that Pool would be looking to offload 1 or 2 of its current 1st team forwards. Origi is certain to leave upon his contract extension.  The likes of Taki may also move on. If Taki stays, I think one of the traditional front 3 will be moved on too.  We have currently a 1st team of 5 quality forwards which is really a luxury and Klopp will definitely to retain. However, I think the lack of playing time may soon affect the players' loyalty, particularly for Bobby and to a certain extent, Jota.  Diaz - Mane - Salah looks like the best front 3 set up from this point onwards. And we may also not rule out either Mane or Salah will move on as they will enter into the last year of the contract and contract extension news have literally ground to a halt.  This is a big summer of significant decisions and I wont be surprised that Klopp may have to pull the trigger on some critical decisions. 

• Praise 1

4 planes in alignment.....  Mars-Jupiter-Venus-Saturn Conjunction - 4 Planet alignment

Hmmmmm.................. the 'SIGN' indicates that in 2022, Liverpool going to win the "Quadruplets"  [smash][bounce1][bounce2]

Planets alignment.jpg

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15
  • Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

Harry Wilson moved to Fulham permanently for 12M. 

So we got rid of a player we didnt want, get a talented youngster knocking on first team door and still make money... well done

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3