Liverpool Football Club 2021/2022 - We go again.

Akula

Supersonic
1 minute ago, Raymondism said:

RM is not an easier opponent compared to Man C... Anceloti is somehow able to inspire his players to perform at high levels. Look at Everton before and after his departure. 

Meanwhile, lets worry about the Conte's Spurs banana skin first... Spurs is fighting for UCL qualification and will set up a low or mid block.

Diaz or Jota? I say Jota

Hendo or Keita? Skipper 

Think Matip will start alongside VVD. Slim chance for Tsimikas to start at left back. Robbo looked tired and Tsimikas is a better crosser to provide chances for Jota. 

Yes RM isn't easy but history on our side. 

Whose did RM lost in a Paris champion league final? 😁😁😁

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Supercharged

Real Madrid was the undisputed underdogs for the last 3 UCL ties against PSG, Chelsea and City. It trailed in each of these 3 ties when the 2nd legs were being played and yet, they managed to dig deep and overturn the scores in each of the 2nd half of the 2nd legs...   hence, it looks like some form of destiny is at play.  

So, before we celebrate City's loss and the seemingly easier contest for the UCL final with Real, it is impt not to be carried away as Real has been the underdog for the last few rounds and they are actually comfortable in their skins. With Benzema, they possess a sniper of a striker who will put away the single chance which it needs to carry the team through.  

One thing which will work in Pool's favor I feel is that both Chelsea and City who lost their ties to Real was due to their inability to put away chances as their forwards are not the prolific types.  I expect Pool to create plenty of goal-scoring opportunities for the final and it is the most important key to put away those chances. I reckon at least 2 or 3 goals to the good otherwise the pressure will mount when against the run of play, Benzema scores a couple and then the momentum will swing against Pool in those finals. The pressure of playing in a UCL final cannot be understated and although Pool is now in the 3rd UCL final in 5 years, the truth is that Real traditionally has much better experiences for such finals, as we remember the 2018 final outcome when we last play them in the final.  

Salah has his wish granted for a UCL final rematch..  let's hope his extra motivation will assist the team to win the title again, under Klopp.  

• Praise 3

Supersonic
4 minutes ago, Raymondism said:

RM is not an easier opponent compared to Man C... Anceloti is somehow able to inspire his players to perform at high levels. Look at Everton before and after his departure. 

Meanwhile, lets worry about the Conte's Spurs banana skin first... Spurs is fighting for UCL qualification and will set up a low or mid block.

Diaz or Jota? I say Jota

Hendo or Keita? Skipper 

Think Matip will start alongside VVD. Slim chance for Tsimikas to start at left back. Robbo looked tired and Tsimikas is a better crosser to provide chances for Jota. 

Spurs game luckily we are playing at home. Spurs so erratic no one know which spurs turn up. We need to concentrate on their speed up front. I would go for VD and konate. Midfield I would go for thiago, fahbinho and hendo. Upfront Diaz, Mani and Salah. 

• Praise 2

Yeah, for the first time this season, the thought of Liverpool winning the quadruple is becoming more and more like a reality. If Man City has gone through to face Liverpool in the Champions League Finals, I may have hold my horses but now, as each day passes, the dream is becoming more like reality. Granted that we still have a series of tough matches to go through, starting this Sunday against Tottenham but momentum is certainly on our side. With City loss in the hind sight, I think the Reds will be even more fired up to get the full 3 points. Now the issue is that City has to drop points and I see this weekend's fixture against Newcastle would be one. Newcastle was beaten narrowly by Liverpool last weekend and that must have given them the confidence to match the bigger opponents. Man City having lost the Champions League Semis against Real Madrid would certainly be feeling the after effects of such a terrible loss. 

• Praise 3

Supersonic
3 minutes ago, Daryllim1969 said:

Yeah, for the first time this season, the thought of Liverpool winning the quadruple is becoming more and more like a reality. If Man City has gone through to face Liverpool in the Champions League Finals, I may have hold my horses but now, as each day passes, the dream is becoming more like reality. Granted that we still have a series of tough matches to go through, starting this Sunday against Tottenham but momentum is certainly on our side. With City loss in the hind sight, I think the Reds will be even more fired up to get the full 3 points. Now the issue is that City has to drop points and I see this weekend's fixture against Newcastle would be one. Newcastle was beaten narrowly by Liverpool last weekend and that must have given them the confidence to match the bigger opponents. Man City having lost the Champions League Semis against Real Madrid would certainly be feeling the after effects of such a terrible loss. 

The ramifications of a semi final lost cannot be under estimated.

Only two reactions; dusk themselves go win the premier League or collapse like bullet to the head. I reckoned except for Grelish (ex villa player) all other city players have already won the premier League previously.  Not easy to motivate them with full 100% efforts for their remaining premier league matches. 

• Praise 3

Supercharged

City only has the EPL to focus on. I think this makes it even harder for them to drop points as they cant possibly want to finish the season empty handed after looking so promising for both the EPL and UCL title all season.

Pep will play his strongest hand in each of the last few games so can't see how they will slip up. Pool would have 2 other cup finals to navigate and allocate resources.  To me, it is looking pretty slim that Pool will win all its remaining 4 games while it is even slimmer for City to drop any points from now on.  

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

Unless RM pulls Salah's arm out of his socket

we should be OK.

I remember when Spurs beat Ajax

I was really happy as Ajax was the better team.

City is also the better team so I am happy we got RM!

:D

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Game against spur I would go for Jota as he is a better poacher at goal. 

Diaz to come on as a sub at 60min to change the dynamic and increase the dynamic 

• Praise 2

Supercharged

Spurs will use counter attack tactics for sure... same way as they surprised City. with the pace of Son and the guile of Kane, they can be very dangerous with the form that Son is currently exhibiting.  Best part, Son plays on the right wing which will then potentially expose TAA.  

Pool needs to score big so as to avoid the pressure of being undone by these counters. that again will be key.  Midfield 3 to move the ball quickly from side to side and penetrate with precision will be important to break the Spurs bus.  

• Praise 2

24 minutes ago, Kopites said:

The ramifications of a semi final lost cannot be under estimated.

Only two reactions; dusk themselves go win the premier League or collapse like bullet to the head. I reckoned except for Grelish (ex villa player) all other city players have already won the premier League previously.  Not easy to motivate them with full 100% efforts for their remaining premier league matches. 

Which is why I say that Man City may drop points against Newcastle this weekend.

• Praise 2

15 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Game against spur I would go for Jota as he is a better poacher at goal. 

Diaz to come on as a sub at 60min to change the dynamic and increase the dynamic 

My sentiments exactly.

As mentioned earlier, i expect Conte to play counter attack football at Anfield and we will likely camp in their half. Jota will be very useful with TAA and Tsimikas raining crosses. If not for the away game at Villa Park, Klopp might even rest Mane and let Diaz go stretch the back line first. Just try to get many many set pieces around the spurs box and we will be fine.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

We now have a proper first team SQUAD with no significant drop off in performance no matter which 18 selected... ox, elliot and origi sometimes miss out...

somehow i get the feeling... Origi is going to cement his LEGEND status even more in May 2022.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Raymondism said:

Diaz or Jota? I say Jota

Hendo or Keita? Skipper 

Pool can handle RM in the final.  :we-all-gonna-die:

Cos, ManC defending too deep in their own half during the last 5 minutes in extra time (extra time is 6 minutes). Don't know how to slow down the game with passing around after conceding the goal to RM. After all, aggregate already in their flavors 5 - 4. :=B:

• Praise 2

Supersonic
53 minutes ago, Daryllim1969 said:

Which is why I say that Man City may drop points against Newcastle this weekend.

Come to think of it if city draw any of their remaining games they will be in shamble!

No trophy this year!

• Praise 1

Supercharged
(edited)
3 hours ago, Kopites said:

5 minutes they would have slowed the game down. Play with sub timings. Pass around and let the RM play catch up with the balls. GK slow down the playing times. Take ages to throw in.....Instead city played none of those entices? Smart or stupid? Imo city were arrogant.

Even we pool also played to slow down in the last 5 minutes of the match with 1 nil scoreline..

Pep without Messi cannot win champion league. Is a fact! 😁

The very strength of Man City ended as their problem in those injury time minutes.

They are not a team that pass backwards or play slowly.  They are a team that only goes forward and pass fast.  That's how they usually win.

They were still attacking somewhere at the end of normal time but  Grealish's attempts did not go in.

Other teams, with a 2-goal lead would have been sitting back, wasting time, bringing the ball into the corner,  and passing backwards in those last few minutes.  Just not City.

Edited by Starry
  • Praise 1

18 hours ago, Fooblack said:

another interesting fun fact. .. with qualification into the UCL final, this means that Pool will have played in the max ties of every competition entered into for this season.  be it UCL, Carabao cup, FA cup and needless to say EPL.   Maybe let this sink in for awhile as we consider the tremendous progress made in this season under Klopp.  Last year, we were scrapping to get into the top 4!  

to be fair, Pool was runaway champion the season before. Last season had a modiocre start, but things just collapsed once that prickford broke VVD's leg. Then all the CBs started falling, and nothing worked, for like 2-3 mths...? If VVD had not broken his leg, and the CBs were able to rotate and didn't get injured... and if the team had gone on to find form soon, the outcome could have been different.

so i actually feel that Klopp's progress can be traced back earlier - rather than comparing only with last season.

but yes, agree that this season has been great. Hope it'll be excellent.

• Praise 2

Supersonic
10 minutes ago, Starry said:

The very strength of Man City ended as their problem in those injury time minutes.

They are not a team that pass backwards or play slowly.  They are a team that only goes forward and pass fast.  That's how they usually win.

They were still attacking somewhere at the end of normal time but  Grealish's attempts did not go in.

Other teams, with a 2-goal lead would have been sitting back, wasting time, bringing the ball into the corner,  and passing backwards in those last few minutes.  Just not City.

Serve them right. I don't like city.

My petrol costs keep increasing. Instead of ranting at petrol thread. I rant here at city....

Oil well end well. 😤😤😤

• Praise 1

Supersonic
20 minutes ago, Starry said:

I beg to defer.  It was all down to pep over thinking. They scored one goal. 60plus minutes. 70 minutes tool off their Kevin(creative midfield).

If I remembered correctly Jesus was also sub out as well.  Attacking threats all gone. 

Pep eating pie again. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1