Liverpool Football Club 2021/2022 - We go again.

Akula

16 hours ago, Mrmilktooth said:

We wouldn’t have been in CL if not for Alisson header in the last game of last season !!!! Lol. Amazing … sliding doors moment 

no lah... it was the 3rd last and wasn't the last game, but yes, that winner indeed helped to bring Pool up to the top 4, for the first time in the season, maybe.

but after that, things got easier as the other contenders slipped up too, and so Pool actually ended the season as 3rd instead of 4th on the table.

he was indeed great!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Supercharged
24 minutes ago, Kopites said:

I beg to defer.  It was all down to pep over thinking. They scored one goal. 60plus minutes. 70 minutes tool off their Kevin(creative midfield).

If I remembered correctly Jesus was also sub out as well.  Attacking threats all gone. 

Pep eating pie again. 

Yes, Pep sub out all the attacking players and even brought in  Fernandinho.

Obviously he wanted to close shop and just secure that 2 goal lead.

But his remaining players don't know how to close shop......only know how to go forward. That's how they usually want to play.

And so they imploded  during injury time.

• Praise 3

unbelieveable that city collapsed at the death... to concede extra time... and from then on, it was down and out...

which was why just a day ago, i was so worried when pool conceded 2. If the team was weaker mentally, could have suffered the same fate. good thing we prevailed - while City didn't...

Will need to be careful about RM, definitely, as they've been improving and peaking... but that's later.

first thing first, must beat Spurs to get the 3 points. Hopefully Newcastle can do us a favour, and take points off City. Am sure their current players wanna have a shot at playing for a mega rich club (instead of being sold at end of season to make way for big signings), so hopefully they'll wanna impress the manager and the owner...

• Praise 3

Hypersonic

Pep should have just kept all his attackers on

and keep the ball in RM's half.

They never give the ball away.

Pep going for a Jose Mourinho and it backfired badly.

:D

Pep should have played to City's strength and that is

attack attack attack.

59 minutes ago, Starry said:

Yes, Pep sub out all the attacking players and even brought in  Fernandinho.

Obviously he wanted to close shop and just secure that 2 goal lead.

But his remaining players don't know how to close shop......only know how to go forward. That's how they usually want to play.

And so they imploded  during injury time.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

City collapsed at the death

just like Barca did the same

when they came with a 3-0 lead to Anfield.

Pep and Barca they have the same DNA.

• Praise 1

Supersonic
33 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

City collapsed at the death

just like Barca did the same

when they came with a 3-0 lead to Anfield.

Pep and Barca they have the same DNA.

Pep without Messi can't win champion league.

Failed at Bayern. Failed at city as of now.  😁

• Praise 1

7 minutes ago, Extinguisher said:

Please keep VVD and Matip healthy for CL final, i feel these 2 are key.

Probably konate in for keeping Vini Jr at bay. Matip is too slowww and high line… going to be scary with Var 

• Praise 2

Supercharged
1 hour ago, Jamesc said:

Pep should have just kept all his attackers on

and keep the ball in RM's half.

They never give the ball away.

Pep going for a Jose Mourinho and it backfired badly.

Pep should have played to City's strength and that is

attack attack attack.

I think Pep wanna close shop  but somehow the players still trying to  attack, attack, attack into the final minutes....

Then end up leaving  holes behind for players like Vin Jr, Benzema and Rodrygo to exploit.

Never close shop so shop got raided.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

47 minutes ago, Extinguisher said:

Please keep VVD and Matip healthy for CL final, i feel these 2 are key.

Pool have a better chance of winning because Pool have to play until the last week before the final. :we-all-gonna-die:

RM had already won their league and will rest some of the key players. The problem is that when players are well rested, quite difficult to tune back to the right condition.  :wut:

Pool on the other hand, are playing 2 matches per week which are fine tune & condition for the final. :a-m1212:

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Mrmilktooth said:

Probably konate in for keeping Vini Jr at bay. Matip is too slowww and high line… going to be scary with Var 

Sometimes i see konate play still a bit jittery at times, he is better at attacking dead balls though. I still prefer Matip more experience and stable.

• Praise 1

30 minutes ago, Extinguisher said:

Sometimes i see konate play still a bit jittery at times, he is better at attacking dead balls though. I still prefer Matip more experience and stable.

both got pros and cons

Konate
=====
Speed
Size/Strength - won't be bullied easily
Aerial threat/strength

Matip
====
Experience
Reading of the game
Passing/receipt of ball
Cool/Calm/Collected when under pressure
Dribbling/Finishing with the ball at his feet

• Praise 3

Supercharged
1 hour ago, Starry said:

I think Pep wanna close shop  but somehow the players still trying to  attack, attack, attack into the final minutes....

Then end up leaving  holes behind for players like Vin Jr, Benzema and Rodrygo to exploit.

Never close shop so shop got raided.

like in the Pool game, the key events during the game caused the pivotal decisions to be made by these managers who are asked to earn their keeps. 

At 2-0 down, Klopp turned on the offensive and eventually prevailed 2-3 at full time.  Emery decided to park bus after going 2 goals up to equalise and will certainty regret his decision.  

For Pep, he decided the game was likely beyond Real when Mahyez scored in the 70th min and went 2 goals up in the tie with 20min to go. He took his best player KDB off the pitch not knowing the tie would be still alive for 20 + 30 min (extra time).   That was a calculated risk to preserve the legs of KVB for future games but it backfired spectacularly. 

• Praise 3

Supersonic
(edited)
2 hours ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Pool have a better chance of winning because Pool have to play until the last week before the final. :we-all-gonna-die:

RM had already won their league and will rest some of the key players. The problem is that when players are well rested, quite difficult to tune back to the right condition.  :wut:

Pool on the other hand, are playing 2 matches per week which are fine tune & condition for the final. :a-m1212:

I concur. Especially in a final one off game. No home game advantage for RM. RM only good at home. PSG, Chelsea, city home all won against RM. We have yet to lose away in Europe this season. Only at home against milan but then we have already won on aggregate.

Furthermore our high tempo, high pressure and speedy forwards RM won't stand a chance.

The sore spot is on how we men mark their two strikers. 

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 3

Hypersonic

I have a wedding dinner on May 28.

Lucky it's 4 am.

Even the groom should have finished his wedding duties by 4 am if he is a Pool or RM fan.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1