Liverpool Football Club 2021/2022 - We go again.

Akula

27 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Agreed .@Raymondism 

Mane's contribution over the years simply cannot be brush aside just because he has his own agenda for leaving.

Ya at least he moved this yr to allow the club to potentially recoup 35M. Think we signed him for around 33M. Its ok to sell when we have identified and bought Diaz to take up left wide forward. 

We shld sell Salah as well to get some money back. We can get Christian Pulisic and let two youngsters Eliiot and Gordon challenge for the right wide forward position.

The forward and back line are more or less settled. Now we can focus on getting a couple of midfielders, not necessarily this window though.

We should buy Bellingham and loan him back to Dortmund. Dortmund is not well known for keeping their players. That was one of the reasons why Klopp left.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

10 hours ago, jcmm said:

Mane will become another failed Torres, Coutinho, Wijnaldum, etc.... the list goes on. Next will be Salah. :D

Mane will do well in BM. The other three were fish in big pond. Mane will be BM main men. Their current striker seeking exit to Barca. Furthermore BM play a system quite similar to us.

Let all wishes mane well. Bearing he could wait for Jan(free to negotiate) and we get nothing from his sales.

Without Mane, Salah won't be so successful.

Without Salah, mane won't be so successful as well. Their presences complement each others.  

We just have to move on. 

• Praise 4

33 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Mane will do well in BM. The other three were fish in big pond. Mane will be BM main men. Their current striker seeking exit to Barca. Furthermore BM play a system quite similar to us.

Let all wishes mane well. Bearing he could wait for Jan(free to negotiate) and we get nothing from his sales.

Without Mane, Salah won't be so successful.

Without Salah, mane won't be so successful as well. Their presences complement each others.  

We just have to move on. 

We will see....anyway, all the best to him. I support selling Salah. :D

• Praise 3

Turbocharged
4 hours ago, Raymondism said:

Liverpool has re-signed former midfielder Jay Spearing :D

Signing Jay to replace Mane, what a move… extremely badly timed 😂

• Haha! 6

1 minute ago, Vegas said:

Signing Jay to replace Mane, what a move… extremely badly timed 😂

Older some more... but it will be a waste to ask Mane to coach u18 lol

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged

Whoever feels mane is not a Liverpool Legend just because he wants to leave, misses the point.
He gave 6 yrs of absolute prime service to Liverpool. Won everything there is to win with Liverpool. Gave ample notice, club bought in replacement, so off he goes.

YNWA SADIO MANE. 

• Praise 12

(edited)

Watched Calvin Ramsey on youtube. This chap is quite good. Pretty ambipedal.. can cross well with right foot, loves to cut in and shoot from range with his left... like a cross betw Glen Johnson and Robbo albeit playing against Scottish teams. I think is an upgrade on Neco Williams. Looks tougher than TAA and Williams.

Decision making can be better as EPL will be much more tighter. 

Overall, looks good for an 18yr old. 

Edited by Raymondism
  • Praise 3

(edited)
12 hours ago, Hamburger said:

Those that walked out as free agent without the club's consent, are the Judas that should be trashed. 

Ok la Origi shld find green pasture... Firminho shld be allowed to leave on a free next summer... 

Its a pity that Origi choose to leave or maybe he wasnt given an extension. 

Nunez looked like a mixture of Cavani & Torres. His arrival coincides with Carvalho probably to add possibilities. With Firminho and Minamino imminent departure (by next summer), Klopp seemed to be moving away from utilising a false nine. Suddenly, we have a couple of future no. 10s in the team allowing someone to move in to a traditional no. 9 role. 

Edited by Raymondism
  • Praise 3

15 hours ago, Vegas said:

Whoever feels mane is not a Liverpool Legend just because he wants to leave, misses the point.
He gave 6 yrs of absolute prime service to Liverpool. Won everything there is to win with Liverpool. Gave ample notice, club bought in replacement, so off he goes.

YNWA SADIO MANE. 

You can conferred him as "Legend". No right, no wrong, depending how u want to judge him. Personally, he done what he was brought in, but no "Legend" to me. 

Again just have to wish him all the best.  

• Praise 3

Turbocharged
4 hours ago, jcmm said:

You can conferred him as "Legend". No right, no wrong, depending how u want to judge him. Personally, he done what he was brought in, but no "Legend" to me. 

Again just have to wish him all the best.  

Any of the players who ended the 30 yrs of pain… become legend for me.

Football is not totally disengage fm global economy. Players get transfered against their wishes too. N as employee, someone offer them a last pay day which liverpool wun, personal feel is thank him for the services nicely.

• Praise 5

Turbocharged

Liverpool FC have completed the signing of Scotland U21 international Calvin Ramsay from Aberdeen, subject to international clearance.

The right-back joins the Reds on a long-term contract after passing a medical and finalising the transfer at the AXA Training Centre. Will be wearing number 22.

• Praise 2

My take on Mane's departure is as follow:

Over the 6 years he spend in Liverpool, he has never let us down and he has won everything cup there is up for grabs. Being a player, a person, I can't praise him well enough. A down to earth sportsman that gives his absolute best when called upon and look at the generousity he did with his home country, Senegal. His influence on the younger Senegal generation is insane. 

Between Mane and Salah, at least Mane make it known that he wants to move abroad and take up new challenges and that allows us to recoup some cash to spend on other players. Salah, on the other hand, promise you another season but looking to move on as a free agent when his contract expires end of next season. 

Besides, despite his wish to move on, he played whole heartedly and did not try to force his move like what other players did. 

To me, Mane is a Liverpool legend, whether you agree with me or not, he is, at the very least, in my heart. 

Thank you Mane. I will always love you and be on the look out for your performances in other leagues. 

• Praise 7

On 6/18/2022 at 7:15 PM, Jamesc said:

No bargaining position as only one year left on his contract.

Don't take 35m now and get nothing next year.

35m helps pay for half on Nunez.

:D

Also had to return the favour as we got Thiago cheap at 20m.

But hazard left think half year contract, also attracted 80m...

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Atrecord said:

But hazard left think half year contract, also attracted 80m...

He was way below 30 YO. half yr before he can nego for bosman free...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2