Liverpool Football Club 2021/2022 - We go again.

Akula

On 6/19/2022 at 6:40 PM, Akula said:

Liverpool FC have completed the signing of Scotland U21 international Calvin Ramsay from Aberdeen, subject to international clearance.

The right-back joins the Reds on a long-term contract after passing a medical and finalising the transfer at the AXA Training Centre. Will be wearing number 22.

😁

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

8 hours ago, Atrecord said:

But hazard left think half year contract, also attracted 80m...

BM not carrot like RM.

They overpaid for that fatty.

:D

2022-06-21-00-22-54-1637212266.jpg.acb8c54341d947caa80d93d42743b069.jpg

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Yeah sell Salah and buy Klopp's favorite for 35m.

His salary is only 138,000 and Pool can pay him 200k.

:D

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Reports emerging that Monaco have agreed a deal worth £15.5m with Liverpool to sign Takumi Minamino.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

no surprises here.  35 +15M recouped for Mane / Taki.  This means only about 14m net spent on Nunez, excluding add ons.

Typical FSG way of managing the squad.  We lost Mane + Origi + Taki and added only Nunez. Now we can also understand why Klopp acted in Jan window to bring in Diaz. I believe the club already knew Mane wanted to leave sometime then.  

The contract standoff for Salah sees no end in sight. Pool unlikely to offer > 250K and his demands is likely to exceed 400K.  Will Pool let him go or run down his contract? I feel 50/50 either case ... 

• Praise 3

17 minutes ago, Fooblack said:

no surprises here.  35 +15M recouped for Mane / Taki.  This means only about 14m net spent on Nunez, excluding add ons.

Typical FSG way of managing the squad.  We lost Mane + Origi + Taki and added only Nunez. Now we can also understand why Klopp acted in Jan window to bring in Diaz. I believe the club already knew Mane wanted to leave sometime then.  

The contract standoff for Salah sees no end in sight. Pool unlikely to offer > 250K and his demands is likely to exceed 400K.  Will Pool let him go or run down his contract? I feel 50/50 either case ... 

The ball is in Salah hand now.

Egypt won't be going to the world cup. A significant leverage in the progress of Salah contract negotiation. 

Nothing much else we can do now. 

• Praise 1

Salah answer. I will definitely stay next season..

Mani answer. I will give an answer after the final.

The answer already written back then.

Between them the country that is going to the world cup would need to make a decision. Stay or move on. The other one just run down the contract as it won't impact him much. 

Liverpool reaction: Quickly purchased Darwin and not drag on.  

• Praise 2

(edited)

Good for Minamino... better go to another team that will utilise his skills... dun waste time if Klopp doesnt want to play him... 

It's pity that he did not get to come in as a sub for UCL final against RM.

Diaz was supposed to come this summer but we had to act earlier due to Spurs' bid being accepted.

Minamino's departure covered by Carvalho, Mane replaced by Diaz and Nunez fill in for the Origi shaped lobang. We just need another left footed right forward to replace Salah next summer. I believe the plan to refresh our forward lines was decided one or two seasons back. 

Salah is as good as gone next summer. I dont think there will be an extension. Why bother. Spend the money on someone younger. 

Salah might want to move to another EPL team. The only way to do so is to be a free agent.

Mane was leaving for BM so the club will allow him to move abroad. 

Edited by Raymondism
  • Praise 3

34 minutes ago, Kopites said:

The ball is in Salah hand now.

Egypt won't be going to the world cup. A significant leverage in the progress of Salah contract negotiation. 

Nothing much else we can do now. 

Let him go ..... :omg:

His heart no more fighting sprits for Liverpool. :we-all-gonna-die:

If he still have the heart, Pool could have beaten RM for UCL. Look how he played during the match and now claiming that he played with some injuries ... :wut:

• Praise 4

Supercharged

Salah's drop off in terms of form in the 2nd half of the season was pretty alarming. We depended on Mane more often to carry the team. If Salah's form do not pick up for the start of the season, it will be double wammy... loss of transfer fees and letting a half-hearted player wind down this contract.  

The start of this season has been pushed forward by 1 week to accommodate the mid-season WC break. I think the charity shield right at the end of July while the 1st game of the season is on 1st weekend of Aug.  Hence, it was impt for Klopp to finalise his 1st team squad way before pre-season to give the team the best preparations of a shortened pre-season.  all the purchases are done and now left with trimming the squad.  The likes of Neco Williams likely to depart while Nat Phillips etc will likely to loaned out again. Ox may be staying on after all.  

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

Sadio Mane has today completed a permanent transfer to Bayern Munich.

The Senegalese forward heads to the Bundesliga outfit after six brilliant seasons with Liverpool.

He departs Anfield with the complete set of Premier League, Champions League, FIFA Club World Cup, UEFA Super Cup, Emirates FA Cup and Carabao Cup winner's medals. He was Klopp’s first major signing. With his departure, seems that a chapter came to an end.

From his 269 appearances for the club, Mane delivered 120 goals, 38 assists and countless smiles and memories. 

A devastatingly effective player with an infectious personality, he should, quite rightly, go down as one of best forwards in Liverpool's illustrious history.

• Praise 5

Turbocharged

Jurgen Klopp on Mane's departure: “It’s a big moment. There is no point in anyone trying to pretend otherwise.

“One of Liverpool’s greatest ever players is leaving and we must acknowledge how significant this is.

“He leaves with our gratitude and our love. He leaves with his status among the greats guaranteed. And, yes, he leaves in a moment where he is one of the best players in world football.

“But we must not dwell on what we now lose, instead celebrate what we were privileged to have.

“The goals he scored, the trophies he won; a legend, for sure, but also a modern-day Liverpool icon.

“Since he first stepped through the door, he made us better. If someone had told us in that moment what he would go on to contribute and achieve for this club, I’m not sure it would have been possible to comprehend in that moment. Not the scale of it at least. Sadio made it all possible.

“To be that good for such a sustained period and continuously improve season on season – no matter how high he set his own bar in the previous one – is an example to any player anywhere on the planet that professionalism and dedication leads to reward.

“I respect completely his decision and I‘m sure our supporters do also. If you love LFC, you have to love Sadio – non-negotiable. It is possible to do this while accepting our loss is Bayern’s gain.

“We wish him nothing but success in every match he plays in, unless, of course, it's against us. His star will continue to rise, I have no doubts.

“I remember last season I was asked, in an interview or Q&A from memory, to describe Sadio in three words. I said at the time it’s not possible to do this.

“If I was to try I’d need to be allowed multiple attempts – because there are so many ways you can describe him using three words.

“World-class player!

“True club legend!

“Ideal role model!

“The perfect teammate!

“Compassionate, caring person!

“But the three words that feel the most appropriate today are also the hardest to say, ‘Will miss you!’”

• Praise 7

Down to earth, heart felt words from JK on SM...simple yet carry deep gratitude...how not to love these two legends at Anfield? 

• Praise 5

Mani signed 3 years at BM yesterday for $35 millions pound.  [thumbsup]

Each year, he will receive $11.6 millions pound which is not a bad deal ..... :we-all-gonna-die:

Hope he goes over and cho choke BM directors to bring Salah along. At least Salah can fetch $45 million pound. :wut:

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Supercharged

one clear reason why Mane would want to leave Pool is also probably of Salah...  Mane is a WC talent by any measurement but guess he is probably also sick and tired of always playing second fiddle to Salah. The respect for Salah being the more prominent star is obviously there but guess Mane would want a team to be build around him esp given that this is his last contract at the peak of his career.  Also good to see both stars wishing each other well as part of this departure. 

I think the way this deal was planned and now with the various media releases, the club has probably knew this pending departure for some time now. Klopp has been making plans to bed in Diaz in a much accelerated fashion to prepare the squad for the renewed challenge in the coming season.  This departure is amicable and Mane leaves us as a rightful club legend, forever remembered for his 6 seasons and 120 goals.  14th highest scorer in the history of this illustrious club.  

Cluedos to Mane who still gave his all for the final third of the season where he was easily the best and most effective player in the run-in and cup finals.  Thank you Sadio 🙂 

• Praise 4

The only other reason, other than Money that I can think of leading to the departure of Salah is that Mane wants to end his career on a high, such as winning the Ballon d'Or'. Problem is if he choose to stay in Liverpool, he is always going to play second fiddle to Salah, regardless how hard he try. At BM, he probably will be the star striker that will attract all headlines and with him winning the AFCON and leading Senegal to the World Cup, he probably stood a better chance. Too bad, we miss the PL trophy by a point and got defeated by RM by a goal in CL. 

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
9 minutes ago, Daryllim1969 said:

The only other reason, other than Money that I can think of leading to the departure of Salah is that Mane wants to end his career on a high, such as winning the Ballon d'Or'. Problem is if he choose to stay in Liverpool, he is always going to play second fiddle to Salah, regardless how hard he try. At BM, he probably will be the star striker that will attract all headlines and with him winning the AFCON and leading Senegal to the World Cup, he probably stood a better chance. Too bad, we miss the PL trophy by a point and got defeated by RM by a goal in CL. 

he also probably want to earn more in his last big contract of his football career

so he can contribute more to his country... i read he donates a large portion of his salaries for the building of his nation, a great person 👍

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4