Liverpool Football Club 2021/2022 - We go again.

Akula

Supercharged
27 minutes ago, Kopites said:

I concur. Especially in a final one off game. No home game advantage for RM. RM only good at home. PSG, Chelsea, city home all won against RM. We have yet to lose away in Europe this season. Only at home against milan but then we have already won on aggregate.

Furthermore our high tempo, high pressure and speedy forwards RM won't stand a chance.

The sore spot is on how we men mark their two strikers. 

That Rodrygo also quite dangerous.  He is like a super-sub type...always score last minute goals. He did it during Chelsea match and then last night with the Man City match.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I'm absolutely over the moon with us reaching the CL final again. Three times in five years is incredible, jurgen has absolutely brought us back to the level where we deserve and are supposed to play. Many people doubted Jurgen last season, but he's got us fully firing back on all cilinders!!

• Praise 5

Supercharged

Real madrid have won the european title 13 times, 6 times more than the next team (AC Milan on 7).

their legacy and pedigree in this competition cannot be underestimated.  Pool cannot be complacent even though the game is played over a single match.  By logic, Pool with high energy press and fluid front 3 movements, should be highly effective against an aging side esp in midfield. But as PSG, Chelsea and City have now all found out..  they have the killer instincts and just need a few short moments of opportunities to kill the game, esp in the dying stages of each tie. 

• Praise 3

Hypersonic

I am not worried about RM

We always beat them in Paris.

Exactly 41 years ago.

:D

The 1981 European Cup Final  between Liverpool of England and Real Madrid of Spain on 27 May 1981 at the Parc des Princes, Paris.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

The 1981 European Cup Final  between Liverpool of England and Real Madrid of Spain on 27 May 1981 at the Parc des Princes, Paris. 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

From now till the CL final, RM have nothing to play for. Thus most prob they will rest and go easy.

We have 4 more league games (ALL finals) and 1 actual final (FA Cup).

Pros are we can be razor sharp, with high intensity and momentum. Cons are players might be fatigued and perhaps picked up knocks and such.

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Jamesc said:

So coincident, that year 1981, Liverpool win the League Cup and meet RM in the final in Paris 

This year, Liverpool also win the League (Mickey Mouse) Cup and meet RM in Paris ..... [sly]

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

6 hours ago, Jamesc said:

I have a wedding dinner on May 28.

Lucky it's 4 am.

Even the groom should have finished his wedding duties by 4 am if he is a Pool or RM fan.

wedding duties aside, the wedding couple should plan around key soccer events.

when (the original) Ronaldo won the World Cup for Brazil in Korea/Japan, a friend had his wedding dinner same time as the WC Final... Lucky he arranged for the hotel to play the live telecast on the 2 big screens in the ballroom, except during the march-in and the customary toasting... He made it a point to inform all the invited guests in advance so that nobody will need to find reasons not to go 😆

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

3 hours ago, Fooblack said:

Real madrid have won the european title 13 times, 6 times more than the next team (AC Milan on 7).

their legacy and pedigree in this competition cannot be underestimated.  Pool cannot be complacent even though the game is played over a single match.  By logic, Pool with high energy press and fluid front 3 movements, should be highly effective against an aging side esp in midfield. But as PSG, Chelsea and City have now all found out..  they have the killer instincts and just need a few short moments of opportunities to kill the game, esp in the dying stages of each tie. 

i tot we should be fully focused on the next match for now, but since everyone is commenting, then yes, i - being a pessimist - also worry about RM.

Don't forget that we lost to them the last time we met in the final. And also last season in the knock-out rounds... definitely cannot be complacent, yet cannot be scared of them too.

We will need to press them, and cut off all supply lines to the attackers. I recall last season it was Kroos who was given space to make those killer passes. Must run the oldies ragged and dun let them have opportunities and time to choose a good pass.

They have a much tougher UCL journey, having to play PSG, Chelsea, City - prob the 3 clubs that are/were as rich as them - and looks like destiny is with them, as is history. We on the other hand, seems to have a helping hand too, having avoided the traditional powers like BM, Juv, PSG, Chelsea, City... 

We have overcome one dogged Madrid team in AM already, so it might be a sign that the same will apply for this one...

Press on. YNWA.

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Akula said:

From now till the CL final, RM have nothing to play for. Thus most prob they will rest and go easy.

We have 4 more league games (ALL finals) and 1 actual final (FA Cup).

Pros are we can be razor sharp, with high intensity and momentum. Cons are players might be fatigued and perhaps picked up knocks and such.

this is where player management will come in useful. hopefully klopp can rotate the players carefully, without sacrificing our effectiveness, and so everyone can stay fit and healthy and sharp till after the final. 

We had too much bad luck last season, hopefully all the bad luck for the next 5 years all used up already, and only good luck will be knocking for this month... starting with City dropping points somehow... 😄

• Praise 2

Hypersonic
28 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

wedding duties aside, the wedding couple should plan around key soccer events.

when (the original) Ronaldo won the World Cup for Brazil in Korea/Japan, a friend had his wedding dinner same time as the WC Final... Lucky he arranged for the hotel to play the live telecast on the 2 big screens in the ballroom, except during the march-in and the customary toasting... He made it a point to inform all the invited guests in advance so that nobody will need to find reasons not to go 😆

This was the greatest world cup to me

because all the matches were like 3pm, 6pm and 8pm

I was in a Korean restaurant and they showed Korea Italy match

and Korea won!

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
(edited)
8 hours ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

So coincident, that year 1981, Liverpool win the League Cup and meet RM in the final in Paris 

This year, Liverpool also win the League (Mickey Mouse) Cup and meet RM in Paris ..... [sly]

Alan Kennedy scored the winner.  Robertson to score the winner?😁

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Choice 'C'

All of the Above  :we-all-gonna-die:

:grin:

I'd choose choice D = choice C + everything else...including farewell to the nearest neighbour...😁

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

Supercharged
12 hours ago, Jamesc said:

I am not worried about RM

We always beat them in Paris.

Exactly 41 years ago.

another fun fact on this note... RM has not lost a UCL final for the last 7 times... the last time they lost in a cup final... it was to Pool in 1981. 

Either you see this as the destiny for Pool or for Real who has managed miracles 3 times in the knock out stages against PSG, Chelsea and City. You can make your own case 🙂 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Following the exit of West Ham in the Europa Cup and Leichester in the Conference Cup, Liverpool is the only one English Team standing in all European competition. 

I guess the show starts now, with the remaining 6 games (4 EPL games, 1 FA Cup Final and 1 Champions League Final), all vital to Liverpool's push for the unprecedented quadruple.  

Win each game, one at a time, and with some luck, Klopp and the current team of players will be remembered as the greatest team in Liverpool's history. 

• Praise 2

9 hours ago, Jamesc said:

This was the greatest world cup to me

because all the matches were like 3pm, 6pm and 8pm

I was in a Korean restaurant and they showed Korea Italy match

and Korea won!

my company actually arranged a team bonding session for one of England's matches at 3 pm... all gathered inside chalet in NSRCC to watch 🤣

Korea that WC really power... the defender/captain was fantastic. And they beat both Spain and Italy, and almost beat Germany in semis... 

oh, Italy smelly leg... was it Perugia? Sacked the Korean striker just cos he scored the golden goal that sent Italy home... 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2