Liverpool Football Club 2021/2022 - We go again.

Akula

Turbocharged

Liverpool 3 - 1 Wolves with goals from Mane, Salah & Robertson.

Came back after conceding a very early goal.
But alas, it’s not enough as ManC came back from 2 goals down to score 3 in 5 minutes and secure victory.

We “literally” lost the title by one goal, their 3rd goal.

It was a hard fought season, hope this win (but setback) will give us the impetus to triumph over RM in 6 days time.

Hoping that we have Feb and VvD back and that Thiago injury is not too serious.

YNWA

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

6 minutes ago, Starry said:

Congrats to City.........when a team can simply conjure up goals at will  (like 3 goals in 5-6 minutes) to win games,  then they deserve to be champion

They did a comeback with West ham in the last game, and now they did it again with Villa. 

But good showing by Villa to give City some fight before breaking down.

Pool did well, proud of them for what they did this season. 

i think next season teams know how to play against city liao. just do route 1. pump long ball up non stop. u gonna get goals. 😂

• Praise 3

Supercharged
(edited)
28 minutes ago, Beregond said:

i think next season teams know how to play against city liao. just do route 1. pump long ball up non stop. u gonna get goals. 😂

That's the thing about City. When they are in "chiong mode", they pass so fast that the opponents simply does not have time to organise or re-group. This is why the opponents get capitulated fast.   Also, in that mode, City do not pass backwards until they either score or the opponent stole  the ball from them (rarely) or the ball goes out.

But by doing so, they are also very vulnerable to counter or long ball passing their high defensive line.

Edited by Starry
  • Praise 4

(edited)
4 hours ago, Starry said:

https://www.mancity.com/news/mens/club-statement-aston-villa-63788839

FA should dock City's points for the above. 2 points will be good.....😁

A bunch of low class moron supporters.

Everton assaulted Patrick v. And now city blue as well.  Show how idiotic those donning blue colour jersey. 

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 2

The boys looked tired... lets hope they get some rest before preparing for UCL finals. I hope Thiago injury is not serious.

• Praise 2

38 minutes ago, Raymondism said:

The boys looked tired... lets hope they get some rest before preparing for UCL finals. I hope Thiago injury is not serious.

Thiago likely to be out. Swelling some sort.

Easy to said on hindsight why did gerrad sub Phillip courtiho out?

• Praise 3

(edited)

This year's EPL is preparation for next year's challenge. YNWA ! 😄

Man C scored 3 goals in 5-6 minutes but they also conceded in the same manner to Real Madrid. 

Edited by lukeber
  • Praise 2

Manshity won the league title because FA presented them the insurance that eventually needed. 

The super duper dubious penalty claim by Everton that was not awarded, even though it was so clear cut. 

Feeling poignant to the max. 

• Praise 4

1 hour ago, Kopites said:

Thiago likely to be out. Swelling some sort.

Easy to said on hindsight why did gerrad sub Phillip courtiho out?

2-nil up with 15mins to go... think he wants to bring in fresh legs to manage the game. Its like Man city taking off KDB in the UCL semis and RM scoring 3 goals to advance. Maybe Villa players are tiring as well. 

• Praise 2

Supercharged

Fair play to City. in all fairness, if you put Pool and City side by side all the way through the season, while Pool can make a legit claim on the title, City actually looks every inch as the more worthy winners. They dug a deep hole last night and managed to crawl itself out.  Stevie G did his best and could have managed this assist if not for the brilliance of the City players who scored 3 goals in a 10 min spell. AV literally ran out legs and momentum to stop them. 

A bit worrying for Pool as the players looks leggy in the game vs wolves. none of the high press or mobility were well-sustained in this game vs Wolves.  They have another 6 days to recover to ensure that the players selected for the UCL final can run the full race over 90min. the main threat of Real will come in the last 10-20 min of the game as City, PSG have all learnt.  If Pool do not have a sizeable lead by then and with players becoming tired, it will come under serious threat from the likes of Benzema who just need a moment of lapse to register. 

• Praise 6

It was so close yet so far for the Reds early this morning. Aston Villa was holding on well against the Citizens at 75 mins into the game with 3 late goals by City overturning the result and make sure that the League Cup stays in Manchester. Was trying hard to console myself but can't help feeling disappointed and sad.

However, if we look back at what the Reds have done this season, I think we should be proud for being a Reds fan. They were fighting for every single trophy and less off the Champions League final come weekend, we were in it until the last minute. Let's just hope that the boys recover well and be prepared to fight for one last time this season and bring back the European Champions League Cup. This will somehow make up for the loss in the League, as in City has a cup they we wanted while we have one that they never get to rest their hands on!

What is important now for the Reds other than beating RM in next week finals is to sort out the ins and outs for next season. If we are to lose some players, then let's move on and get the new players in quickly so that they can part take in the pre-season preparations. Under Klopp, I think the pre-season training is very important for team spirit as well as getting the new players to be familiar with our style of play. 

I am just hoping that Mane stays with the team. I like him as a player as well as a person. 

• Praise 5

Supercharged
41 minutes ago, Daryllim1969 said:

It was so close yet so far for the Reds early this morning. Aston Villa was holding on well against the Citizens at 75 mins into the game with 3 late goals by City overturning the result and make sure that the League Cup stays in Manchester. Was trying hard to console myself but can't help feeling disappointed and sad.

However, if we look back at what the Reds have done this season, I think we should be proud for being a Reds fan. They were fighting for every single trophy and less off the Champions League final come weekend, we were in it until the last minute. Let's just hope that the boys recover well and be prepared to fight for one last time this season and bring back the European Champions League Cup. This will somehow make up for the loss in the League, as in City has a cup they we wanted while we have one that they never get to rest their hands on!

What is important now for the Reds other than beating RM in next week finals is to sort out the ins and outs for next season. If we are to lose some players, then let's move on and get the new players in quickly so that they can part take in the pre-season preparations. Under Klopp, I think the pre-season training is very important for team spirit as well as getting the new players to be familiar with our style of play. 

I am just hoping that Mane stays with the team. I like him as a player as well as a person. 

openly saying...  where can the likes of Salah and Mane go to in order to justify of greener pastures elsewhere...  only the likes of City and to a lesser extent, PSG, Barca and Real can offer them better opportunities.  They may be lured by more money but that in itself is just a ego-boosting purpose... they are already so well paid.  

• Praise 1

Thanks for your contributions. Will remember the UCL semi-final match against Barca. 

Wishing you all the best with your new club. [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4