Liverpool Football Club 2021/2022 - We go again.

Akula

(edited)
11 hours ago, Kopites said:

Yes. My mistake. Mixed up the name.

Fandi's mistake..he shld have signed with Ajax....  :D

anyway its always a good idea to have sell on clause.. imagine if he was sold for 20M, LFC will pocket 4M!

Edited by Raymondism
  • Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic
On 7/3/2021 at 1:00 AM, Raymondism said:

I think if we target a player and can get, there wont be any leaks. Only players like Thiago, we need to leak certain news out to put pressure on the selling club... Dortmund probably been using Liverpool to bait Man U into splashing cash for Sancho. 

I hope the price for Sancho is

:D

image.thumb.png.e03e4ec2459d00612d17f80619fb8f30.png

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

43 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Its ok. We didnt pay the money

Am more interested about LFC players

• Haha! 1

10 hours ago, Jamesc said:

United will think they have gotten a good deal at 78 a saving of 30 from a year ago.

Borussia D. reckon they have gotten a good price at 78. 

Everyone win win. Agent even more happy.😄

"Jadon Sancho's price tag 'is SLASHED to £78m' with Borussia Dortmund cutting the £110m valuation that put off Manchester United last summer... opening the door for an Old Trafford or Liverpool move with a 'gentleman's agreement' already in place"

• Praise 3

Supercharged
1 hour ago, Kopites said:

United will think they have gotten a good deal at 78 a saving of 30 from a year ago.

Borussia D. reckon they have gotten a good price at 78. 

Everyone win win. Agent even more happy.😄

"Jadon Sancho's price tag 'is SLASHED to £78m' with Borussia Dortmund cutting the £110m valuation that put off Manchester United last summer... opening the door for an Old Trafford or Liverpool move with a 'gentleman's agreement' already in place"

Sancho is good and talented player no doubt but the inflated price is all about speculating the investment value in a ~ 20 year old next super star.  There is always a significant risk involved as lots of developmental factors will come into play.  

Just look at Donny van de Beek. Ole paid > 50M for this next MF star and he ends warming the bench the entire season.  Maybe Utd really have deep pockets to splash the cash so really none of our biz.  i didn't think their squad needed another winger since they are well-stocked in the forward area. Perhaps they will move a few players like Martial and daniel james on to offset this purchase of Sancho.  Wait, even the aging Mata just signed an extension haha..  they have the habit to keep lots of attacking option in hand? 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

2 hours ago, Fooblack said:

Sancho is good and talented player no doubt but the inflated price is all about speculating the investment value in a ~ 20 year old next super star.  There is always a significant risk involved as lots of developmental factors will come into play.  

Just look at Donny van de Beek. Ole paid > 50M for this next MF star and he ends warming the bench the entire season.  Maybe Utd really have deep pockets to splash the cash so really none of our biz.  i didn't think their squad needed another winger since they are well-stocked in the forward area. Perhaps they will move a few players like Martial and daniel james on to offset this purchase of Sancho.  Wait, even the aging Mata just signed an extension haha..  they have the habit to keep lots of attacking option in hand? 

Didn't study in-depth on United team.

Definitely part and parcel of the current inflated market sentiment.

Average player going for 20 mil at least. Lower league player can even commanding 10mil. Obscene sum of money. 

• Praise 3

Supercharged
9 hours ago, Raymondism said:

I think if we have the money and Sancho agree to come, we would have welcome him... 

think Klopp is a "value-based" investor when it comes to finding the right price for a player. No doubt we paid record prices for VVD and Alisson but that is because they are undoubtedly / clearly one of the best in their positions. For most of the other buys, he usually wont overpay and will walk away if the price just doesnt make sense.  

Hence, I don't think he will pay for a player for the price which has factored heavily in the investment potential. For a player like Sancho who is priced around 75M pounds, the key issue is that he is definitely not worth this amount at this time just purely looking at his ability.  It is with the hope that he becomes the next Ryan Giggs or CR7 that will boost his transfer value > 100M, then this deal justifies the financial sense. 

The question to assess is even if Klopp has the money from the owners, would he have paid 75M for Sancho? I feel the chances are at best 50/50 in my assessment.        

• Praise 5

9 hours ago, Raymondism said:

I think if we have the money and Sancho agree to come, we would have welcome him... 

Thiago & Sancho skills are about the same except age..... :ph34r:. Believe Sancho was a youth recuit in either Chelsea or ManC and could not make it to the first team. Thereby sold off to Dormund.  

If Sancho cost around 55 million pound, Pool can consider but the original asking price was 120 million pound... :wacko:

Latest rumours was that Mbappe could be coming to Liverpool and now with PSG discussing the price.  :a-happy:

LIVE Transfer Talk: Liverpool leading contenders for Kylian Mbappe as contract uncertainty continues

Liverpool will be at the front of the queue for Paris Saint-Germain's Kylian Mbappe as speculation continues over the future of the 22-year-old, who has just one year left on his deal at the Parc des Princes.

The Daily Mirror writes that Jurgen Klopp's side are ready to make their move if the France international's contract situation remains unresolved. PSG have always maintained that there's no chance Mbappe will leave the club, even on a free transfer, but his future will be out of their hands next summer -- unless he is persuaded to pen an extension.

An impressive 2020-21 campaign saw the striker score 42 goals and provide 10 assists across all competitions. Competition for Mbappe will be intense should be leave PSG as a free agent, and Real Madrid have made no attempt to hide their admiration.

Liverpool's best hope could be to try and sign Mbappe this summer, when they could offer PSG the chance to recoup some of the €180m fee paid to AS Monaco in 2017.

Link : https://global.espn.com/football/blog-transfer-talk/story/4426686/transfer-talk-liverpool-leading-contenders-for-kylian-mbappe-as-contract-uncertainty-continues

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

10 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Thiago & Sancho skills are about the same except age..... :ph34r:. Believe Sancho was a youth recuit in either Chelsea or ManC and could not make it to the first team. Thereby sold off to Dormund.  

If Sancho cost around 55 million pound, Pool can consider but the original asking price was 120 million pound... :wacko:

Latest rumours was that Mbappe could be coming to Liverpool and now with PSG discussing the price.  :a-happy:

LIVE Transfer Talk: Liverpool leading contenders for Kylian Mbappe as contract uncertainty continues

Liverpool will be at the front of the queue for Paris Saint-Germain's Kylian Mbappe as speculation continues over the future of the 22-year-old, who has just one year left on his deal at the Parc des Princes.

The Daily Mirror writes that Jurgen Klopp's side are ready to make their move if the France international's contract situation remains unresolved. PSG have always maintained that there's no chance Mbappe will leave the club, even on a free transfer, but his future will be out of their hands next summer -- unless he is persuaded to pen an extension.

An impressive 2020-21 campaign saw the striker score 42 goals and provide 10 assists across all competitions. Competition for Mbappe will be intense should be leave PSG as a free agent, and Real Madrid have made no attempt to hide their admiration.

Liverpool's best hope could be to try and sign Mbappe this summer, when they could offer PSG the chance to recoup some of the €180m fee paid to AS Monaco in 2017.

Link : https://global.espn.com/football/blog-transfer-talk/story/4426686/transfer-talk-liverpool-leading-contenders-for-kylian-mbappe-as-contract-uncertainty-continues

waa zhun bo.

i can imagine all the excitement among pools fans.😁

• Praise 1

Liverpool "12th players" are back in full force comes 2021/22 season......  :a-happy:

The "12th players" are the Liverpool fans.

Received Whatapp message that UK, PM Boris Johnson will make an announcement on 12/07/2021 to fully open up UK on 19/07/2021. No need mask, no need social distancing and shops all open for businesses.

Pool dropped form & points when played in an emptied stadium. Even to the extend of losing in home matches. :lll._.:

So with the fans back, Anfield will be a fortress again ... :yuush:

• Praise 2

Supercharged
1 hour ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Liverpool "12th players" are back in full force comes 2021/22 season......  :a-happy:

The "12th players" are the Liverpool fans.

Received Whatapp message that UK, PM Boris Johnson will make an announcement on 12/07/2021 to fully open up UK on 19/07/2021. No need mask, no need social distancing and shops all open for businesses.

Pool dropped form & points when played in an emptied stadium. Even to the extend of losing in home matches. :lll._.:

So with the fans back, Anfield will be a fortress again ... :yuush:

think this is crazy. even WHO has cautioned against opening up too quickly and recklessly just last week. 

Even if the country can open up, the question is whether how long this type of "happiness" can last... if the virus spreads, it may be exponential in nature... and then the restrictions will kick in again...   

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

We can bounce back after some very poor luck with VAR .. (very anti reds..)

VVD will be like a new signing!.. and still dream of some young and instant promising wingers ..

bellingham?.. pls play Elliot too. Want to see him develop and hope he has a career like Giggs. (90% of his level is good enough) lol

• Praise 3

35 minutes ago, Fooblack said:

think this is crazy. even WHO has cautioned against opening up too quickly and recklessly just last week. 

Even if the country can open up, the question is whether how long this type of "happiness" can last... if the virus spreads, it may be exponential in nature... and then the restrictions will kick in again...   

I guess the global trend these days against COVID 19 is to treat it like a seasonal flu bug. As long as most people in the country has been vaccinated, open up with precautions, such as pre-event testing and etc. and let the rest takes it natural course. We are also hearing this from our Government as it is obvious that as an open economy, it is kind of impossible to stop the virus coming in. As such, the next best option is to prepare it's citizens by encouraging vaccination. 

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Gini...!😄 Go...go...

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

(edited)
4 hours ago, Fooblack said:

think Klopp is a "value-based" investor when it comes to finding the right price for a player. No doubt we paid record prices for VVD and Alisson but that is because they are undoubtedly / clearly one of the best in their positions. For most of the other buys, he usually wont overpay and will walk away if the price just doesnt make sense.  

Hence, I don't think he will pay for a player for the price which has factored heavily in the investment potential. For a player like Sancho who is priced around 75M pounds, the key issue is that he is definitely not worth this amount at this time just purely looking at his ability.  It is with the hope that he becomes the next Ryan Giggs or CR7 that will boost his transfer value > 100M, then this deal justifies the financial sense. 

The question to assess is even if Klopp has the money from the owners, would he have paid 75M for Sancho? I feel the chances are at best 50/50 in my assessment.        

One important factor you missed out.

Can Sancho grow and blossomu nder Ole?🤔 look at progba will do.

CR7 and gigg all under red nose Alex different league. 

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 3

Well i won't be surprised if the original plan was to sell Salah or Mane for 150M each before COVID derails everything. If COVID wasn't around and we manage to sell either of them, are we going to depend on Minamino, Shaqiri or Origi. In all fairness, getting a replacement in the form of Sancho isn't too far fetched. Furthermore he is english and can form a partnership with Jota while we replace Firminho with a No. 9. Anyway there is  no point talking about a player who just signed for a rival. 

In a way, I agree. I don't think we will break the bank anytime soon for any player. The challenge is to find raw diamonds and make them shine.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5