INFINITI OUT, Polestar IN!

Eugn86

20 hours ago, Eugn86 said:

Infiniti will be exiting the Singapore market by year end as they will no longer produce RHD vehicles. The existing showroom will welcome the Polestar brand.

https://www.carbuyer.com.sg/2021-singapore-polestar-in-infiniti-out/

seems to make sense, wearnes which is selling infiniti now is also doing volvo as part of its stables .. 

polestar would likely have a higher profile and marketability than infiniti which seems to have fallen a lot in branding and market visibility in last few years ..

3 hours ago, t0y0ta said:

Will this affect resale value of existing Infiniti cars?

It's not that good to begin with 🥴

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 9

(edited)
11 hours ago, t0y0ta said:

Will this affect resale value of existing Infiniti cars?

if they leave, does it mean that the service and support will plummet? Then that's bad.

Wearnes doesn't have as big a workshop as the larger players and with so many brands under their belt, it's hard to find someone who is really good at a certain model..

Good luck to the owners, and hope they find a good external workshop. Some mechanicals are shared with Merc, so that may help.. if nothing else works, maybe drive it down to C&C and ask them for help? 

Edited by therock

I am wary of buying cars from the Wearnes stable. They price cars attractively, give good service during the warranty period. But after warranty, the repairs and cost of spares were expensive. I experienced this while owning Volvo and Jaguar. The second half of my cars life were costly affairs. Good to budget extra for the repairs and service when buying used 

• Praise 6
  • Sad 2

Supercharged
1 hour ago, serenade said:

I am wary of buying cars from the Wearnes stable. They price cars attractively, give good service during the warranty period. But after warranty, the repairs and cost of spares were expensive. I experienced this while owning Volvo and Jaguar. The second half of my cars life were costly affairs. Good to budget extra for the repairs and service when buying used 

Actually all ADs have over-priced service/repair.

But for common brands like Merc, Bimmer, Toyota it is very easy to find any workshop outside who can repair at fraction of cost.

Wearnes brands are all the niche low-volume marquees that very few workshops have experience.

• Praise 7

Supersonic

Infiniti becomes Infinitesimal. 

Polestar goes on Pole position as its star rises.

I grow Wearney of these branding shenanigans.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 9

16 hours ago, t0y0ta said:

Will this affects resale value of existing Infiniti cars?

yes because like Saab overtime the their spare parts will be harder to find, unless you full 10 years goes to wearnes for services and repair.... you look at their 10 years sales figure......stockists wont be soon keen to stock pile the parts too

Supersonic
13 hours ago, Brass said:

It's not that good to begin with 🥴

For trade in, dealer will say that

For selling 2nd hand, dealer will say bestest car, got mersilly engine but japanese reliability, won't jiak yu or overheat like conti, same as Lexus but cheaper, etc etc.....😁

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 6

6 hours ago, therock said:

if they leave, does it mean that the service and support will plummet? Then that's bad.

Wearnes doesn't have as big a workshop as the larger players and with so many brands under their belt, it's hard to find someone who is really good at a certain model..

Good luck to the owners, and hope they find a good external workshop. Some mechanicals are shared with Merc, so that may help.. if nothing else works, maybe drive it down to C&C and ask them for help? 

For the infiniti q30, I think spare parts should not be a concern because it's basically a rebadged first gen GLA. The diesel variant is in fact having the same engine as GLA180d (not sold in sg) 😆

Twincharged
5 hours ago, serenade said:

Yeah. Wearnes blade super sharp. I had a Kangoo and the door seal was leaking. They wanted $330 and this was almost 10years ago when the van was 8years old or so. 
In the end, managed to stuff some extra rubber tubes to fill up the rubber. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha! 1

Twincharged
48 minutes ago, Ceecookie said:

For the infiniti q30, I think spare parts should not be a concern because it's basically a rebadged first gen GLA. The diesel variant is in fact having the same engine as GLA180d (not sold in sg) 😆

The  Diesel engine parts are everywhere. Nissan  NV200 uses the same engine. 

2 hours ago, Soya said:

For selling 2nd hand, dealer will say bestest car, got mersilly engine but japanese reliability, won't jiak yu or overheat like conti, same as Lexus but cheaper, etc etc.....😁

@Jamesclai give imputs as our resident car dealer prease! wahaha

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
(edited)
3 hours ago, Soya said:

The 2nd hand dealer AMA during circuit breaker last year. He say the infiniti cars (probably referring to q50) have significant electronics issues.... Chassis and engine is not much issue.

Edited by Lala81

Hypersonic
(edited)

2 hours ago, Wildfaye29 said:

@Jamesclai give imputs as our resident car dealer prease! wahaha

I also feng shui master.

Should never had changed the name from Datsun.

When change to Nissan it became a different company.

When change to Infinity it became a lagi different company.

:D

Edited by Jamesc
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2