INFINITI OUT, Polestar IN!

Eugn86

11 hours ago, t0y0ta said:

Actually all ADs have over-priced service/repair.

But for common brands like Merc, Bimmer, Toyota it is very easy to find any workshop outside who can repair at fraction of cost.

Wearnes brands are all the niche low-volume marquees that very few workshops have experience.

Think tan chong decent pricing

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged
14 hours ago, therock said:

if they leave, does it mean that the service and support will plummet? Then that's bad.

Wearnes doesn't have as big a workshop as the larger players and with so many brands under their belt, it's hard to find someone who is really good at a certain model..

Good luck to the owners, and hope they find a good external workshop. Some mechanicals are shared with Merc, so that may help.. if nothing else works, maybe drive it down to C&C and ask them for help? 

I thought Infiniti is Nissan sub-brand?🙄🙄

Maybe Tan Chong Motor can lend a sympathic hand...

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
4 hours ago, Jamesc said:

I also feng shui master.

Should never had changed the name from Datsun.

When change to Nissan it became a different company.

When change to Infinity it became a lagi different company.

:D

Datsun can means 大山 or 大太阳. Good.

Nissan can means 你死山。Sounds bad.

Infinity means no end, no hope, no future.

• Haha! 3

8 hours ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

I thought Infiniti is Nissan sub-brand?🙄🙄

Maybe Tan Chong Motor can lend a sympathic hand...

haha, true infiniti is "high-end" nissan just as lexus is to toyota but whilst lexus and toyota are both under borneo motors, infiniti and nissan are under different distributors and one is unlikely to help the other as it would likely not reap profits.

also, the Q50 uses the mercedes engine from the C250 iirc hence the suggestion of approaching cycle.

but i think a good outside w/shop should be able to deal with infiniti cars, may take longer for them to source part though ..

• Praise 1

Twincharged
(edited)
24 minutes ago, Mooose said:

haha, true infiniti is "high-end" nissan just as lexus is to toyota but whilst lexus and toyota are both under borneo motors, infiniti and nissan are under different distributors and one is unlikely to help the other as it would likely not reap profits.

also, the Q50 uses the mercedes engine from the C250 iirc hence the suggestion of approaching cycle.

but i think a good outside w/shop should be able to deal with infiniti cars, may take longer for them to source part though ..

If it’s engine and transmission, then Mercedes parts can easily be obtained. Other parts will have to be ordered from wearnes. I doubt any stockist will PI and keep stock. 

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 1

Twincharged
(edited)
On 7/2/2021 at 9:53 PM, t0y0ta said:

Will this affect resale value of existing Infiniti cars?

Cars in Singapore don’t have resale value be it jap or Korean or conti .. it’s just different approach by dealers to “con” Vince u the value of your ride how much sucky than the next one and your acceptable level of smoke that’s offered to u. 

so rather than buy a perceived resale value , many have gone on to buy cars that has the most smiles per miles equations.

I have own Toyota, Honda , Mazda n Japanese fords as well and it’s the same bad valuation.. from so many Toyota in my lot , the value is x dollar.. to I have better n younger cars with this in my lot n it’s selling lower than your asking .. 

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 1

Every car has some resale value - it's just whether it meets our expectation..

The percentage drop in other countries is pretty high too, but their initial outlay is smaller..

Turbocharged
11 hours ago, Mooose said:

What a bad move for Infiniti to use other brands parts.

This means the Nissan parts are so bad to be used in Infiniti?

• Haha! 2

17 hours ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

i think many car manufacturers do have joint ventures with other manufacturers to cross-use parts not just for economies of scale but also to save on R&D costs ..

18 hours ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

Nissan has not been doing a lot of innovation in the past decade. That't why the Renault collaboration was beneficial. But Japanese don't like the idea of being owned by others..

Taking Renault parts was more of a necessity, Merc was a bonus and in return they gave Merc their truck. Win win.

Look under the hood of your Nissan carefully, the engine as well as other important parts may come from other companies. But the consumer may still believe they are buying a reliable Japanese brand car. Win win for the company, not so good for the clueless buyer.. 

• Praise 1

Twincharged
(edited)
20 hours ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

no leh.. merc using Nissan engine...

I recalled a fren once told me his new A class the engine has a very "kiat' note..

I wonder the placebo effect if one was to tell him, go try nissan see same sound or not.. but din want to hurt his feelings after paying so much ,money to discover its a nissan

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Haha! 1

Renault bro ..

the only Mercedes with a Nissan engine is a truck .. 

the Citan van uses a Renault too, like the Nissan nv200..

Hypersonic
(edited)
On 7/2/2021 at 9:53 PM, t0y0ta said:

Will this affect resale value of existing Infiniti cars?

Sometimes when I look at the resale price of a Q50, look very attractive. 

With MB C250 engine and 7 speed gear box, interiors also quite decent.

Edited by Tohto

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Tohto said:

Q50 somehow gives me the unker Nissan Cefiro vibes 

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Tohto said:

Me not a fan of curvy dashboard design. 

Q50 and camry comes to mind.... 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1