NDP 2021 song - The Road Ahead

Lala81

Hypersonic

Wow. I like this song. The MV is also solid. Not cheesy, great tune and lyrics. 

Great song to mark the exiting into the new world beyond. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 13

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

Wow. I like this song. The MV is also solid. Not cheesy, great tune and lyrics. 

Great song to mark the exiting into the new world beyond. 

Very uplifting beat. Also love the part from 2.35 onwards.

• Praise 7

(edited)

Wait wait wait...............  :omg:

Have they (MCYS) checked whether India had applied for the "Copywrite" & "Composer" of the song from one of the remote villages.  :wut:

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15
  • Haha! 9

This year song and video is really good, might be the best so far, not so cheesy with a nice synth feel tempo and great heart warming animation, bring hope to this current depressed covid situation.

• Praise 7

Turbocharged
(edited)
34 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

joeymendozacomposer.jpg

Nice nice nice....I will copy it and sell it for $2.

I expect nothing less from these Delta Force posers cum ceca-ians...who can print out Masters Degrees without batting an eyelid from a makeshift inkjet printer..and purchase 'authentic' Covid guarantees from their own village brethren...

Edited by Kyrios
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

I agree that the song is nice and video is great, especially in a time where this COVID 19 pandemic is driving everyone crazy, it brought belief and faith. 

However, compare this Nation Day Song against others we had in the past, such as "Stand Up for Singapore", "Count on Me Singapore" and "My Home", I find that the tune is less catchy and the selection of singers, while they are all great singers, their pitch is on the high side making most people difficult to sing along. 

This is a great song to remind all Singaporeans to stay united but I guess it will not have the effect and impact of gearing up all Singaporeans to brave the troubled waters! Just my personal take, no offenses please.

• Praise 4

Supersonic

This year NDP song no invite celebrity to sing as per usual practise? Who is this lady who sing this year NDP song le?

• Praise 2

49 minutes ago, 209752648026519 said:

However, compare this Nation Day Song against others we had in the past, such as "Stand Up for Singapore", "Count on Me Singapore" and "My Home", I find that the tune is less catchy and the selection of singers, while they are all great singers, their pitch is on the high side making most people difficult to sing along. 

Don't under estimate the children of remote villages schools of India.   [sly]

They can sing at any pitch accompanied by their musical instruments on the background like Tabla, Veena, Sarod, Sitar and Tanpura. Which of cause was their 'walking home after school' songs back in 90's.  [grin]   Could be the same composer which written "Count On Me India" you know .... :ph34r:

SG only sing it this year (2021) :wut:

:XD::XD:

• Haha! 4

Supersonic

Light, catchy song with easy to follow lyrics. Nice. 

Lacks a tad of patriotic punch per se, no, dun mean the physical one. 😅😅😅 The type that may cause a bit of "sore throat" or swelling pride due to heart feeling "invincibility" and love ready to die for our country or a tiny tweeny hint of forming of a raindrop, I mean teardrop. 😂😂😂😂

But I like it and the graphics used are able to convey images most of us are familiar with. Meaningful. 

Stay safe 

Cheers 

• Praise 2

Finally they got people on the ground to go through the songs selections. A very good choice this time round with excellent yet simple lyrics. Well done MCD. 

↡ Advertisement