Any problem with this fellaaaaaaaaa? (Mazda3)

yellowshaun

Supersonic
27 minutes ago, yellowshaun said:

Hi shifus. My sis just went to buy this fella. Any common problems to look out for?

image.thumb.png.5477c6c71f2ca75025ae79543ff03356.png

Make sure this fella is not PHV. 😅

• Haha! 4

(edited)
1 hour ago, yellowshaun said:

Hi shifus. My sis just went to buy this fella. Any common problems to look out for?

Looks like a frog if you don't mind it. Actually, one of the nicer model. LOL

This "wide" mouth is not so big and wide and doesn't look "locked" jaw unlike many current car models.

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Haha! 3

(edited)
3 hours ago, yellowshaun said:

Fuel economy is not good - this model comes with the pre-skyactiv engines which give average 8-9km/l fc.  

Edited by Ceecookie
  • Praise 1

(edited)
2 hours ago, Kangadrool said:

Looks like a frog if you don't mind it. Actually, one of the nicer model. LOL

This "wide" mouth is not so big and wide and doesn't look "locked" jaw unlike many current car models.

You're so kind...😁

OIP.jpg

aa2d7775d236c022838f59c2fadb6411.jpg

Edited by mersaylee
  • Haha! 24

Neutral Newbie

Gearbox problem for this model my colleague and mine both had the same gearbox problem at our 8th yr around 150k mileage. 

You google FN4A it's a common problem.

My rpm would suddenly rev up to 5k while driving but the car remains same speed almost like engine and gearbox disconnected and the no load engine rev went shooting up.

11 hours ago, 13177 said:

Make sure this fella is not PHV. 😅

Yes have done due diligence to check that out =D

52 minutes ago, Xer said:

Gearbox problem for this model my colleague and mine both had the same gearbox problem at our 8th yr around 150k mileage. 

My rpm would suddenly rev up to 5k while driving but the car remains same speed almost like engine and gearbox disconnected and the no load engine rev went shooting up.

Thanks this is very helpful! Still got a bit to go to 150k =D

• Praise 1

So far the noticeable issue is that the air con only gets cold upon cruising. When idle just normal temp air comes out even at min temp and max fan.

Turbocharged
8 hours ago, yellowshaun said:

Did you guys send it to your preferred workshop to inspect the car?

Mileage can always be adjusted. [sly]

Twincharged
9 hours ago, Xer said:

Only 150k? Toyota beats that anytime. 

Twincharged
8 hours ago, yellowshaun said:

That’s assuming the mileage display is accurate. Most of the time mileage has been clocked!

Supersonic
(edited)
9 hours ago, Xer said:

close to 150k km and above  is wear and tear though   slightly early , not a product reliability or design concern.

Edited by Ct3833

9 hours ago, yellowshaun said:

So far the noticeable issue is that the air con only gets cold upon cruising. When idle just normal temp air comes out even at min temp and max fan.

I had the same issue with my previous car, not Mazda 3. Best to check the aircon system, especially the compressor.

Haha yes thanks did check the condition of the leather seats, esp the left passenger seat. Very firm still all around. Other "150,000km" cars the seats were very sunken in.

Also no stain of rectangular PHV decal, only round decal stain. If anybody use this car for PHV, he must be quite rich lo the FC as you guys mentioned is like 9km/l. =D

I've taken PHV very often, so I am quite familiar with the sights and sounds inside a 300,000km/400,000km car. Only gave my sis green light to buy when I was sufficiently happy with the condition.

Internal Moderator
22 hours ago, yellowshaun said:

Lake View?

(edited)
31 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

Lake View?

I have to give you credit ah Ms Moderator. Indeed the view from the lake is a good guess. Google reverse image search? =D

Edited by yellowshaun

12 hours ago, Xer said:

Thanks for sharing!

I previously drove a used unit from 7-9 years old. Gearbox encountered the exact issue that below user described (gear 2-3).

Mileage was rolled back so can't determine the true mileage the GB failed, but should be somewhere between 200-250k mark.

https://www.focaljet.com/threads/shifting-problem.548406/post-6055418

I think TS got the order wrong, should ask for advice before telling sister to buy or not.

Asking around after buying is just looking for endorsement.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3