MINDEF launches new virtual FIT programme for NSmen to exercise from home

kobayashiGT

Internal Moderator

SAF.png

The Ministry of Defence (MINDEF) announced today (July 5) its new virtual fitness programme — FIT@Home for Operationally Ready National Servicemen (NSmen) to incorporate exercise into their lifestyles.

This programme will complement the current list of NS Fitness Improvement Training (FIT) activities to allow NSmen to maintain an active and healthy lifestyle while fulfilling their annual fitness requirements.

FIT currently offers a variety of fitness activities, including aerobic training, metabolic circuits and Individual Physical Proficiency Test (IPPT)-specific training.

What is the programme about?

Currently, NSmen can only attend FIT programmes at physical locations like Fitness Conditioning Centres (FCCs) in SAF camps, selected public parks, HPB Quick HIIT sites and SAFRA Energy-One gyms.

Screenshot-2021-07-05-at-5.15.04-PM.png

However the new programme, FIT@Home will allow NSmen to attend FIT sessions virtually.

FIT@Home will be conducted over a commercial video conferencing platform.

The sessions will be conducted twice a day, with an exception on Fridays where no classes will be held. Each session allows a maximum of 45 participants at a time.

At least two fitness trainers from the Singapore Armed Force’s FCCs will be present to monitor the safety of participants and to ensure that participants perform to standard.

Participants will engage in a series of metabolic circuits and aerobic exercises. Each FIT@Home session is approximately 60 to 75 minutes and is counted as one session of NS FIT

From July 7, NSmen can book a FIT@Home session through the NS Portal and select a suitable time and date for their session.

The programme will launch on July 12.

Screenshot-2021-07-05-at-5.08.48-PM.png

Virtual programme will be more convenient for NSmen

Photo-2.png

Can take IPPT at home anot? 🤣

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

12 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Zoom ......  [sly]

So now the PTI just sit inside office to watch you exercise in front of your lap top for 45 minutes .... :we-all-gonna-die:

One PTI can Zoom up to 40 NSmen. :secret-laugh:

:grin:

one day IPPT, SOC and range can also do from home. :D

• Haha! 3

Will there be possibility someone pre-record each activity...... 

Then face the laptop camera to a large TV screen... 

Pause the cam each time transit to a new exercise 😅😅

• Haha! 2

Supersonic

Virtual fitness programme for NSmen? Effective or not? Even when fitness programme conducted at actual site, some NSmen fitness level also not much improvement?! Lol.

• Haha! 2

Turbocharged
16 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

go thur motion only.

still effective.. _______ wont know the difference.. 

fill in the blank.

1. your wife/hubby

2. your body

3. your boss

4. your d***

only the pti will know the difference.. lol

• Haha! 3

49 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Virtual fitness programme for NSmen? Effective or not? Even when fitness programme conducted at actual site, some NSmen fitness level also not much improvement?! Lol.

Sure will improve a bit. 

I remember years before cable TV, late night used to ha e sellavision type of stuff, watching all the exercise equipment demo and workouts, enough to have the adrenaline to have the heart pumping faster.... 

Already felt fitter by watching. 😅

• Haha! 2

3 hours ago, Blueray said:

better take up rate if instructor were [gorgeous]

my $0.02. [:p]

Last time I go rt, got quite a cute instructor. Of course, the sessions are always full.

🤣

• Haha! 2

34 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

Last time I go rt, got quite a cute instructor. Of course, the sessions are always full.

🤣

I bet the most popular exercises must be burpees and jumping jack.👀

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
6 hours ago, Blueray said:

better take up rate if instructor were [gorgeous]

my $0.02. [:p]

if have to go remedial, means boh sim to keep fit. Even if instructor is chio 👩, also useless. They will prob just stare at the screen and move a little bit.

But then, I MR loh! No more IPPT loh! 😁

• Haha! 2

Supersonic
32 minutes ago, Kxbc said:

if have to go remedial, means boh sim to keep fit. Even if instructor is chio 👩, also useless. They will prob just stare at the screen and move a little bit.

But then, I MR loh! No more IPPT loh! 😁

On second thoughts, such virtual fitness programme i really pity not the particpant but his neighbour staying downstairs. Should hear the stomping sounds while his neighbour is attending the virtual fitness programme.

• Haha! 1

4 hours ago, Atonchia said:

I bet the most popular exercises must be burpees and jumping jack.👀

Not much figure to speak of but guys suddenly become v hungry in army camps. Lol.

• Haha! 1