[Official] 2024 8th Generation BMW 5 Series (G60)

Carbon82

Supercharged
On 5/5/2023 at 1:40 PM, inlinesix said:

Neon lights...

also noticed the door handles are now flush into the door panels ratehr than the grab type.....so now going back to the 1990-2000 decade of flush door handles...:yeah-im-not-drunk:

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

On 5/5/2023 at 2:06 PM, Spidey10 said:

Neon lights...

also noticed the door handles are now flush into the door panels ratehr than the grab type.....so now going back to the 1990-2000 decade of flush door handles...:yeah-im-not-drunk:

Porsche & Merc has flush door handles 

Improve aerodynamics 

• Haha! 2

Supersonic
On 4/28/2023 at 12:21 PM, Davidklt said:

There used to be a time when the conservative car buyers would opt for Merc, and the more adventurous ones would go for the Beemer.

With Merc turning their cars into mini night clubs with all the neon lights and whistle, the situation has kind of changed. If someone tends to be a bit more old school and looking for the a more conservative driver oriented car, they go for the Beemer.

Merc's traditional old world money clientele nearing expiry date liao

Add bling bling n nouveau riche PRCs are now lining up 

@RadX your next car unveiled. [:)]

It is >5 m in length (5,060 mm to be exact), 1,900 mm wide and has a relatively long wheelbase of 2,995 mm, which is almost the size of earlier gen 7er (standard wheelbase version)! 

2024-bmw-i5.jpg

2024-bmw-i5.jpg

2024-bmw-i5.jpg

2024-bmw-i5.jpg

2024-bmw-i5.jpg

2024-bmw-i5.jpg

2024-bmw-i5.jpg

2024-bmw-i5.jpg

The new i5 comes in eDrive40 and M60 flavors. The former has a single motor mounted at the rear, good for 335 hp and 295 lb-ft (317 lb-ft with overboost) to hit 60 mph in 5.7 seconds before reaching an electronically capped 120 mph. The latter uses a dual-motor setup with a meaty 590 hp and 549 lb-ft (605 lb-ft with overboost).

This electric M Performance variant hits 60 mph from a standstill in as little as 3.7 seconds and continues to accelerate until an electronic limiter kicks in at 143 mph. Both zero-emission 5er models share a battery pack with a usable capacity of 84.3 kWh. BMW estimates the RWD model will do 295 miles on a single charge while the more potent AWD should cover 256 miles. 

The G60 represents BMW's first production model to support lane changes with eye activation. You just look in one of the side mirrors and let the car do all the work for you. Ok, it's not as simple as that since the 5 Series must be equipped with the optional Driving Assistant Professional, which includes the Highway Assistant that operates at speeds of up to 85 mph. Eye activation only works when a lane change is suggested by the car, with the driver confirming the move by looking in the corresponding rearview mirror. This will give BMW owners one more reason not to use the turn signal stalk.

Soon signal stalk will become an subscription item... :D:D

• Praise 7
  • Haha! 6

Quite happy there is no bucktooth grilles and design is sweet

battery is same

so range for single shd be slightly less. Still ok la

• Praise 2

Supercharged

Looks so much prettier than eqe wor. The new w214 already so much nicer looking than eqe.

This i5 will trounce eqe and 5 series g60 wow, might just edge w214.

Cant wait to see them here next yr.. serious contender to replace my aging ride. Hee

• Praise 3

On 5/24/2023 at 9:31 PM, Spurman said:

Looks so much prettier than eqe wor. The new w214 already so much nicer looking than eqe.

This i5 will trounce eqe and 5 series g60 wow, might just edge w214.

Cant wait to see them here next yr.. serious contender to replace my aging ride. Hee

Lai lai group buy😂😂

• Praise 2

On 5/24/2023 at 9:33 PM, richiemccaw said:

Possibly $350K++?

Shd be $380k more like

the i4 EV35 is $334k aldy

On 5/24/2023 at 9:36 PM, RadX said:

Shd be $380k more like

the i4 EV35 is $334k aldy

Eye-watering price 😬 Likely I am not the target customer. 

• Haha! 1

(edited)

Nice looking exterior but curious how the interior especially the rear looks like. Am guessing that the rear middle of the i5 will still have the hump considering it is still built based on the CLAR platform and not ground up to be EV similar to the iX.

Edited by Wolfverine

On 5/24/2023 at 11:21 PM, Wolfverine said:

Nice looking exterior but curious how the interior especially the rear looks like. Am guessing that the rear middle of the i5 will still have the hump considering it is still built based on the CLAR platform and not ground up to be EV similar to the iX.

More interior shots. The leg space in the middle rear is almost non existence. 

BMW-i5_M60-2024-1600-49.jpg

BMW-i5_M60-2024-1600-47.jpg

BMW-i5_M60-2024-1600-4e.jpg

BMW-i5_M60-2024-1600-4f.jpg

BMW-i5-2024-1600-54.jpg

BMW-i5-2024-1600-53.jpg

• Praise 4

On 5/24/2023 at 11:21 PM, Wolfverine said:

Yes still has the hump

• Sad 1
  • Haha! 1

Supercharged
(edited)

image.png.95be89d7dc120e9ae8282ef5cccc8e8c.png

Is it just me or is the seat too deep in on the hip...look at it, feels uncomfortable to sit for rear passengers...maybe is the angle of the picture or is just me....old man cannot sit too with legs too high up...:yeah-im-not-drunk:

Anyway, cannot afford..:TT_TT:

Edited by Spidey10
  • Haha! 3

Very clean design. They didnt overdo it like the Merc. But perhaps overdid it in terms of austerity.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2