Set-top boxes soon to be illegal; netizens slam telcos for expensive subscription fees

kobayashiGT

Turbocharged
9 hours ago, Windwaver said:

Luckily I'm not a soccer fan :grin:

Neb mind..they lost anyway...

↡ Advertisement

On 7/9/2021 at 1:58 PM, Beanoyip said:

Save that $65 and find tons of streaming sites for free online..

Pre requisite for streaming is to get a refurbished laptop solely for streaming only. 200 plus can get quite a good spec. 😄

Once infected by virus... reformat.. I have done reformating not less than 5 times in 2 years for a win7 laptop!😄

On 7/9/2021 at 3:38 PM, Rm2s said:

I often read that not all matches are televised even in the UK as well. So if one follows a less popular team, might not get to watch the games, especially away, at all.

I subscribe to Singtel Cast, $50 a month, pay 9 months and get 12 months of service. I get all matches for all teams from EPL, including cup games (League and FA), some La Liga games, UCL, UEL, even some championship games etc. I wish it was cheaper but it is what it is.

For this year Euro, tried one of those streaming from website, watch on PC screen still ok but if I want it on 65 inch 4K TV, quality drops. Also the stream can be interrupted anytime. Not complaining but if I am waking up at 3 am, I want an assured way of watching my fav team play with crisp video quality.

Different strokes for different folks I guess ...

Ya i am on CAST also and not to mention you get some other channels like WB, HITS, etc in the bundle thrown in. Since i also follow Tennis, F1, MotoGP, UFC its quite worth for me. Certainly better than MIO TV anyway. Less one box, less powe consumption, less wires also. Just that cannot record.

Supersonic
(edited)

Last time in US, the cable companies broadcast some special "wins" that only users of illegal set-top box can see.

And then those people who turn up to claim their prize got arrested.

Edited by Kb27
  • Haha! 3

18 hours ago, Jellandross said:

Pls turn yourself in 

Are they referring to those sold in Sim Lim for about $150/-$230 …….. Hmm how can they ( telco’s)  come to know of them ?? As they are all on WiFi? Jamming the network ?? I don’t have but I know some have them and they order on Shoppee or Taobao too ….. looks like the pirate market is ahead of the telco’s here 

• Haha! 2

my parents like to watch china news (CCTV-4) and taiwan variety (Asia Travel)

any apps from google store to download to watch these?

trying to get rid of my starhub - total waste of money

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged

Yup starhub has lost plenty of good channels over the last few years..animal planet, discovery channel, fox movies, bbc, star movies etc etc..often with no good replacements..thumbs down..

• Praise 4

5 minutes ago, Kyrios said:

Yup starhub has lost plenty of good channels over the last few years..animal planet, discovery channel, fox movies, bbc, star movies etc etc..often with no good replacements..thumbs down..

i find watching youtube more entertaining

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

9 hours ago, Kyrios said:

Mio is just as bad 2

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

14 hours ago, Wildfaye29 said:

my parents like to watch china news (CCTV-4) and taiwan variety (Asia Travel)

any apps from google store to download to watch these?

trying to get rid of my starhub - total waste of money

For CCTV-4 can use China's apk apps. My ex-PRC colleague gave me some of these apps previously and it worked. Just ask any PRC, they should know which apps to use.

Internal Moderator
5 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

Mio is just as bad 2

Yeah. avoid mio at all cost. I was poor because of Mio.

Keep asking me to pay pay and pay only.

• Haha! 1

5 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

Mio is just as bad 2

I am on Mio. Not bad leh for me. Watching mostly Discovery, NGC, HGTV, TLC, Lifetime, CI and Waku Waku Japan channels. Weekends its sports channels, ESPN for F1, Formula E, UFC and Mio Sports for Singapore Premier League and of cos BPL, season starting soon.

1 hour ago, Adrianli said:

I am on Mio. Not bad leh for me. Watching mostly Discovery, NGC, HGTV, TLC, Lifetime, CI and Waku Waku Japan channels. Weekends its sports channels, ESPN for F1, Formula E, UFC and Mio Sports for Singapore Premier League and of cos BPL, season starting soon.

I dunno …… I gave them up as they kept in cutting some of the channels too ….. and kids all on Netflix so not worth it and can share with other relatives too 

↡ Advertisement