Man who filmed cousin abusing poodle fined for failing to stop the torture

SGMCF328

Turbocharged

Kudos to the authority to bring the offenders to court. 👍 Serve him right for participating in such inhumane acts. 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/man-filmed-cousin-abusing-poodle-fined-torture-15179860 

toy-poodle-abuse.png

SINGAPORE: A man who filmed his cousin torturing a poodle and did not stop him was fined S$4,500 by a court on Thursday (Jul 8).

Chia Yong-Quan, 38, was also banned from owning any animal for a year.

He pleaded guilty to one count under the Animals and Birds Act of wantonly omitting to stop his cousin from cruelly torturing his dog.

Yong-Quan filmed two videos of this abuse. He not only failed to stop Clement from torturing the dog, but helped to record the process.

The offences came to light only three to four years later in July 2020, when six videos of Clement torturing the poodle - including the two clips by Yong-Quan - were shared by many users on Facebook.

Many people were alarmed to see the videos and alerted the authorities about the abuse. 

The prosecutor asked for a fine of between S$4,000 and S$6,000 for Yong-Quan and for a one-year ban from owning any pet, the maximum under the law.

Yong-Quan could have been jailed up to 18 months, fined up to S$15,000, or both for wantonly omitting to stop a person cruelly torturing an animal.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 8
  • Angry 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
15 minutes ago, SGMCF328 said:

Kudos to the authority to bring the offenders to court. 👍 Serve him right for participating in such inhumane acts. 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/man-filmed-cousin-abusing-poodle-fined-torture-15179860 

toy-poodle-abuse.png

SINGAPORE: A man who filmed his cousin torturing a poodle and did not stop him was fined S$4,500 by a court on Thursday (Jul 8).

Chia Yong-Quan, 38, was also banned from owning any animal for a year.

He pleaded guilty to one count under the Animals and Birds Act of wantonly omitting to stop his cousin from cruelly torturing his dog.

Yong-Quan filmed two videos of this abuse. He not only failed to stop Clement from torturing the dog, but helped to record the process.

The offences came to light only three to four years later in July 2020, when six videos of Clement torturing the poodle - including the two clips by Yong-Quan - were shared by many users on Facebook.

Many people were alarmed to see the videos and alerted the authorities about the abuse. 

The prosecutor asked for a fine of between S$4,000 and S$6,000 for Yong-Quan and for a one-year ban from owning any pet, the maximum under the law.

Yong-Quan could have been jailed up to 18 months, fined up to S$15,000, or both for wantonly omitting to stop a person cruelly torturing an animal.

The fine is too lenient. I will rotan him if I am the judge. Who are you to take away another life?

• Praise 3

Supercharged

I don't understand.

Why own a pet only yo torture it and stupid enough to share it on social media.

Facebook is not some dark web.

Really don't understand.

• Praise 3
  • Sad 1

(edited)
13 hours ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Why no actions on 'bringing the crabs for walk'  ? :slow:  

Because the jury love to eat muscle crabs in that restaurant?

Edited by D3badge
  • Haha! 2

I loved my fish very much and took great care of them but they still died very early...i showered them with food...lots of it...not my fault when they chose to be glutton 😁

Supersonic
12 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

I loved my fish very much and took great care of them but they still died very early...i showered them with food...lots of it...not my fault when they chose to be glutton 😁

Is over feeding amounting to cruelty? If yes, you are in trouble!🤐

• Haha! 2

Supersonic
17 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

The fine is too lenient. I will rotan him if I am the judge. Who are you to take away another life?

Only  banned from owning any animal for a year? Should ban him for life. If not there will be next dog also can kena torture by him again.

• Praise 4

Supersonic
12 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Love crime 😁

Crime of passion! 爱死你 或 爱你死?:XD:

This was filmed 4-5years ago, I wonder how is the poodle now?

I hope the owner will give it up for adoption since he is going to jail soon.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
(edited)

The title - man who filmed cousin . . . sounded so promising.

Then reading the rest just turned me off.

:D

I can honestly tell you I don't like to read this kind of things.

Edited by Jamesc

Twincharged
4 hours ago, mersaylee said:

u failed to take them walk in the park la....

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
On 7/9/2021 at 12:32 PM, Watwheels said:

This was filmed 4-5years ago, I wonder how is the poodle now?

I hope the owner will give it up for adoption since he is going to jail soon.

I tried to search online about that poodle but found nothing. It is really heart wrenching to read such news about animal abuse. 

One should NEVER keep a pet if he/she does not have the physical and mental ability to take good care of them. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3