Budget phones in the market

BabyBlade

On 10/9/2021 at 12:13 PM, Blueray said:

bought online.

- adjusted animation scale to 0.5x

- 2hr 15 mins to charge from 30% to 100%

DSC_1162.JPG

Checked with my mum over the weekend on the performance for the x3 pro. Was surprised she told me the phone lags when playing game and she use back her old oppo r5 to play instead. This phone is supposed to be a game focus phone. I wanted to try but her tsum tsum no more lives. lol. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

5 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

Checked with my mum over the weekend on the performance for the x3 pro. Was surprised she told me the phone lags when playing game and she use back her old oppo r5 to play instead. This phone is supposed to be a game focus phone. I wanted to try but her tsum tsum no more lives. lol. 

She play what kind of games?

1 hour ago, Tkseah said:

This is the one for your mum ya.. How u find it?

End up I didn't buy new phone last weekend.. hold for 11.11 and black Friday sales..

yup, for my mum. with 6000 mAh battery, she forget to switch off bluetooth, wifi, location also nevermind. [laugh]

fiddled with it for a day, picture quality and sound output quite ok to me.

for myself have shortlisted Poco X3 NFC (got LED light) and Oppo A74 (got amoled), and am leaning towards Oppo cos its smaller and lighter than Poco.

10.10 sale a lot of ppl very fast hand fast leg with coupons and good coupons used up very fast, so I'm now waiting for 11.11 sale. [:p]

27 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

my mum uses handphone for calls, whatsapp and youtube only. so Poco M3 is more than able to handle those needs. 

End up I bought a used Korean LG V50 from Qoo10 Korean shop to replace my Pixel 3a XL.  Unit received is mint condition so very happy with it.  V50 is a 2019 flagship model and currently updated to Android 11 with Sep security patch so it's good for now.  LG has stopped selling new mobiles, but have said will support this model till Android 12 so keeping my fingers crossed.  This change for me is faster processor, more storage, better screen, better music from the quad DAC, good camera quality.

Got some positive cash flow after selling the pixel.. [laugh]

• Praise 3

12 minutes ago, Tkseah said:

End up I bought a used Korean LG V50 from Qoo10 Korean shop to replace my Pixel 3a XL.  Unit received is mint condition so very happy with it.  V50 is a 2019 flagship model and currently updated to Android 11 with Sep security patch so it's good for now.  LG has stopped selling new mobiles, but have said will support this model till Android 12 so keeping my fingers crossed.  This change for me is faster processor, more storage, better screen, better music from the quad DAC, good camera quality.

Got some positive cash flow after selling the pixel.. [laugh]

How much is the refurb V50?

Im quite a LG V series fan. Still have a V20 and 30. if you like music, the quad dac is really no joke. 

7 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

How much is the refurb V50?

Im quite a LG V series fan. Still have a V20 and 30. if you like music, the quad dac is really no joke. 

I got it for $160 after vouchers.. if interested check out Up System in Qoo10. From the reviews most received very good condition unit.  I also have v20, listening to music the pixel is no fight..

But the Korean v50 got a few quirks.. it reverts to Korean language after reset so had to fiddle to switch to English. Does not work with 5G network here as well.

Edited by Tkseah
  • Praise 2

Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 (6/128) been OOS for 2 - 3 months and with the launch of Note 11 in China, guess Note 10 is not returning. 

shopped around for alternatives and decided on an Oppo Reno which suits my needs. 

I bought a Pixel 5A from shopee 11.11. Imported from Japan as it was not officially sold in Sg. Based on what info I can find online, it should be able to support Singapore's 5G network bands. I haven't been checking vigilantly, but so far when I am out and I glance at the phone, I've never noticed the network status to show '5G', only seen 'LTE' so far. I'm on Singtel (which claims to have the largest 5G coverage), if that matters. Anyone using Pixel 5/5A/6 (neither officially sold in Singapore) able to advise your experiences with 5G in Singapore?

edit: I could've sworn there was a 5G thread but I can't find it using search

Edited by boonhat_91
looking for 5G thread

4 minutes ago, boonhat_91 said:

I bought a Pixel 5A from shopee 11.11. Imported from Japan as it was not officially sold in Sg. Based on what info I can find online, it should be able to support Singapore's 5G network bands. I haven't been checking vigilantly, but so far when I am out and I glance at the phone, I've never noticed the network status to show '5G', only seen 'LTE' so far. I'm on Singtel (which claims to have the largest 5G coverage), if that matters. Anyone using Pixel 5/5A/6 (neither officially sold in Singapore) able to advise your experiences with 5G in Singapore?

So far all the forums I read say pixel 5a does not support the 5g network in SG..

• Praise 2

Just got a OPPO Reno5 for $0. Look great but yet to use it. I think it is a good deal. Any comments?

Edited by Victor68

4 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

Just got a OPPO Reno5 for $0. Look great but yet to use it. I think it is a good deal. Any comments?

anything $0 sounds like a good deal.. 😄

• Haha! 3

27 minutes ago, boonhat_91 said:

Based on the pixel 5a specs,  the 5G  band does include band 1 and band 78  which is used in S'pore.  Not sure if the unit you got from is locked to japan region and thus the 5G is does not work. also are you using a 5G sim card?

• Praise 1

14 minutes ago, Strat said:

Based on the pixel 5a specs,  the 5G  band does include band 1 and band 78  which is used in S'pore.  Not sure if the unit you got from is locked to japan region and thus the 5G is does not work. also are you using a 5G sim card?

yup I just recontract last month and got the new 5G sim card

1 hour ago, Victor68 said:

Got $0 deal must share lobang with us leh...

↡ Advertisement