Budget phones in the market

BabyBlade

Internal Moderator

Recently just got a second phone for work. The Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 5G. Got it from Circles @ $329 w/o plan, and because there is a 3rd year anniversary bonus from Circles, it's another $100 off the phone. So essentially I only paid $229 with free Xiaomi Wireless Earbuds. 

If you're out in the market for a budget phone, I think this is decent. Built quality good, design good, interface good. For the budget price I paid, pretty impressive.

Total damage: Phone $229, Tempered glass $10, MyRepublic Lite $10/month. 

Screenshot_20210710_090834_com.circles.selfcare.jpg

IMG_20210710_090418.jpg

IMG_20210710_090323.jpg

IMG_20210710_090523.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 16
  • Haha! 2

8 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

Recently just got a second phone for work. The Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 5G. Got it from Circles @ $329, and because there is a 3rd year anniversary bonus from Circles, it's another $100 off the phone. So essentially I only paid $229 with free Xiaomi Wireless Earbuds. 

If you're out in the market for a budget phone, I think this is decent. Built quality good, design good, interface good. For the budget price I paid, pretty impressive.

Total damage: Phone $229, Tempered glass $10, MyRepublic Lite $10/month. 

Screenshot_20210710_090834_com.circles.selfcare.jpg

IMG_20210710_090418.jpg

IMG_20210710_090323.jpg

IMG_20210710_090523.jpg

ATM this is the phone I'm using rn 🤣 since April when my Samsung Galaxy A7 motherboard fried itself.

Quite decent I would say but I got the 4G version at $269, handset without plan.

• Praise 3

Internal Moderator
Just now, Brass said:

ATM this is the phone I'm using rn 🤣 since April when my Samsung Galaxy A7 motherboard fried itself.

Quite decent I would say but I got the 4G version at $269, handset without plan.

Didn't expect much of it to be honest. Wanted a cheap budget phone for work, read some good reviews for the Redmi and was like ok lah! Now I'm thinking once my Huawei Mate 20 Pro kaput, I may eventually just get a budget one like this. How's the phone so far? Any complaints?

• Praise 3

(edited)
7 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

Didn't expect much of it to be honest. Wanted a cheap budget phone for work, read some good reviews for the Redmi and was like ok lah! Now I'm thinking once my Huawei Mate 20 Pro kaput, I may eventually just get a budget one like this. How's the phone so far? Any complaints?

I would say it's quite good but sometimes there can be a lag with typing though it's perfectly fine with me.

I don't know about the 5g version, but my 4G version has no NFC so if you want to do contactless payment my model isn't that ideal.

Yours isn't the bigger one right?

Edited by Brass

(edited)

i have the ear buds. good enough. And i don't need to take care of them since they are cheapish.

Xiaomi difficult to beat for solid phones below 400 dollars.

Xiaomi Note 10 pro, Poco series are the few standouts.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

34 minutes ago, Blueray said:

The Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro has been getting good reviews.

Less than $400 full cash at Far East Plaza. [:p]

It is non-5g capable if I'm not wrong. Need to go for another series?

Haha their lineup gets confusing. So many.

14 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

yes, Note 10 Pro is non 5G

Note 10 5G then is 5G.

Xiaomi phone models very the many. [laugh]

Note 10 series seems quite heavy cos of the large battery. 

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

err… why must have 2 phones ah?

i work so many years… only 1 work phone  given by ah gong

😬😅

3 minutes ago, Blueray said:

yes, Note 10 Pro is non 5G

Note 10 5G then is 5G.

Xiaomi phone models very the many. [laugh]

Note 10 series seems quite heavy cos of the large battery. 

It takes another few months before our Telco fully goes 5G .....   :lll._.: Then we can feel the speed of the various Apps... :we-all-gonna-die:

But if use in China, all latest Made in China handphones can use the 5G there.

Internal Moderator
8 minutes ago, Brass said:

I would say it's quite good but sometimes there can be a lag with typing though it's perfectly fine with me.

I don't know about the 5g version, but my 4G version has no NFC so if you want to do contactless payment my model isn't that ideal.

Yours isn't the bigger one right?

This one has NFC. The size of this is comparable to my Mate 20 Pro. I would say if one is out in the market for a smartphone with extremely good camera then maybe this Redmi is out. But other than that, seems perfectly usable. The Apples and Samsungs are too overpriced these days.

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

Just now, Enye said:

err… why must have 2 phones ah?

i work so many years… only 1 work phone  given by ah gong

😬😅

You have to ask .... [sly]

One in normal mode and the other in silence mode & kept away from view.... :XD:

Some ppls like one phone for personal use and the other solely for office matter. :meaw:

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

i have the ear buds. good enough. And i don't need to take care of them since they are cheapish.

Xiaomi difficult to beat for solid phones below 400 dollars.

Xiaomi Note 10 pro, Poco series are the few standouts.

This is gonna be my first wireless earbuds man. Haha. I have zero expectations since it's free but because it's a Xiaomi it can't be too bad. Xiaomi products are indeed value for money.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

7 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

This is gonna be my first wireless earbuds man. Haha. I have zero expectations since it's free but because it's a Xiaomi it can't be too bad. Xiaomi products are indeed value for money.

Yes it's my first wireless earbuds cos my car has bluetooth hands free already.
I use it to listen Spotify when I'm waiting for dabao/appointment etc.
Can't argue with the price. Good enough for me. Bought one pair for me and my wife. 

• Praise 2

13 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

This one has NFC. The size of this is comparable to my Mate 20 Pro. I would say if one is out in the market for a smartphone with extremely good camera then maybe this Redmi is out. But other than that, seems perfectly usable. The Apples and Samsungs are too overpriced these days.

If u want good quality camera picts for not too expensive. it has to be the google pixel.

But no zoom or ultrawide or whatever special features lah. 

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
47 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Ya too many. I just went for the cheapest available one on Circles and am pleasantly surprised. Haha.