Budget phones in the market

BabyBlade

Internal Moderator
8 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Yes it's my first wireless earbuds cos my car has bluetooth hands free already.
I use it to listen Spotify when I'm waiting for dabao/appointment etc.
Can't argue with the price. Good enough for me. Bought one pair for me and my wife. 

How much you got them for? Did a search on Lazada it's around $20?

↡ Advertisement

19 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

What about Realme and Vivo phones? Under 200 for Oppo offshoots

I think they are all good. Just that personally my relatives have had quite a few xiaomi devices. my wife is on xiaomi mi8 also.

• Praise 1

19 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

How much you got them for? Did a search on Lazada it's around $20?

There were quite a number of near identical fakes last time. So i paid for one that is "approved" by this guy on HWZ who bought a few and alerts pple to genuine ones.
Around 23-24 dollars IIRC.

Twincharged

What’s everyone’s take on having phone with dual sim vs carrying 2 phones.

I tend to lean toward dual sim. Quite a hassle to carry 2 phones for me. 

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
37 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

What about Realme and Vivo phones? Under 200 for Oppo offshoots

My bro bought this one for my mum at low $300+. Also not bad. Unheard of brand lol. Decent smartphone for normal usage like social medias, social messenging, video, games. 

IMG_20210710_115246.jpg

• Praise 4

Internal Moderator
14 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

I use dual sim for my Singapore + M'sia line. That M'sia line is currently out of commission haha. The second phone is for a different work purpose + pulling out my work contacts. Mainly because I need a separate Whatsapp account.

5 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

dual sim is when you travel and dont want to switch to another whatsapp.. or whatever app

2 phones is when you have a new phone but the old phone trade in price is too low and your kids dont want because they will hate you for giving it to them.. lol

• Haha! 2

44 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

If u want good quality camera picts for not too expensive. it has to be the google pixel.

But no zoom or ultrawide or whatever special features lah. 

I am in the market for a good full-function camera that is also a phone. More a camera than a phone as I use basic phone features with no games or streaming. I am currently on Huawei Mate 10 that has gotten old. The current Mate 40 will be the auto choice if not for the Google embargo. I use the full Google ecosystem so having unfettered access is important.   

Some suggestions please, besides Samsung.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

9 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

2 separate whatsapp account

2 separate contact list

7 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

My bro bought this one for my mum at low $300+. Also not bad. Unheard of brand lol. Decent smartphone for normal usage like social medias, social messenging, video, games. 

IMG_20210710_115246.jpg

Oneplus Nord is decent. But Oneplus is being merged into Oppo 
https://www.theverge.com/2021/6/21/22543184/oppo-oneplus-merger-brand-pete-lau-bbk-memo

So likely within 2 years, OxygenOS updates will stop.

Oneplus phones have a very smooth/near stock android appearance. 

(edited)
7 minutes ago, serenade said:

I am in the market for a good full-function camera that is also a phone. More a camera than a phone as I use basic phone features with no games or streaming. I am currently on Huawei Mate 10 that has gotten old. The current Mate 40 will be the auto choice if not for the Google embargo. I use the full Google ecosystem so having unfettered access is important.   

Some suggestions please, besides Samsung.

Xiaomi Mi11 Ultra but not sure if it's in singapore. It's a true flagship price. Beyond what most people would pay for a xiaomi phone.
Samsung S21 ultra

I would say that overall just out of pocket shooting experience, likely most easy to get a good result would be S21 ultra.
https://www.dxomark.com/category/smartphone-reviews/

Most customisable phone camera experience (ISO/shutter speed etc) should be the new Sony xperia 1 III

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

Internal Moderator

One more thing, it's also getting increasingly tough to find tempered glass at the $10 range. I managed to find a $10 one for my Redmi, but not before being quoted $27 at another shop. Can't get a reasonably priced one for my Mate 20 Pro in SG. I've changed tempered glass twice for it because of the curved screen. Doesn't stick well. Anyone got the same experience with curved screen tempered glass?

Lots of tempered glass cost around the high $20s to $30s. I miss Malaysia la sia. 😆

(edited)
4 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

One more thing, it's also getting increasingly tough to find tempered glass at the $10 range. I managed to find a $10 one for my Redmi, but not before being quoted $27 at another shop. Can't get a reasonably priced one for my Mate 20 Pro in SG. I've changed tempered glass twice for it because of the curved screen. Doesn't stick well. Anyone got the same experience with curved screen tempered glass?

Lots of tempered glass cost around the high $20s to $30s. I miss Malaysia la sia. 😆

Just ship from taobao? or ezbuy. Should have super lot of choice bah.
Everything to do with my wife's phone i get from china.

I don't use. Yeah i wish everything just goes back to flat screens...

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 2

Internal Moderator
3 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Just ship from taobao? or ezbuy. Should have super lot of choice bah.
Everything to do with my wife's phone i get from china.

I don't use. Yeah i wish everything just goes back to flat screens...

The curved ones hard to stick. I'll ruin it. Haha. I changed once in SG, once in Msia. Both times the corners came off right after sticking. 

11 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

the note 10 is flat screen isnt it? not the curved edge screen?

Why need a tampered glass when the screen itself is of godzilla quality? I have do away with tempered glass for years. The only accessory is silicon cover for protection against drop from height.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

3 hours ago, BabyBlade said:

Recently just got a second phone for work.

Mycarforum big bosses don't so bad make BB work so hard lah.

Please don't always call her at night and weekends and disturb her lah.

She also need a life.

:D

Hope you never need to use your very nice new phone and no one call you.

I used Oppo, Nokia, Siemens, Eriksen, Iphone and came back to a second Mi phone

as its the phone I liked the best.

• Haha! 2

(edited)
2 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Why need a tampered glass when the screen itself is of godzilla quality? I have do away with tempered glass for years. The only accessory is silicon cover for protection against drop from height.

I kinda agree. The current gorilla glass is significantly tougher than the tempered glass. But all can still crack.

Think the apple iphone12 has the strongest glass in real world currently.

Edited by Lala81
↡ Advertisement