McLaren 720s accident on ECP

D3badge

4 hours ago, Wt_know said:

could have continue to overtake from Lane 3 which is clear ... not condoning speeding ... 

Maybe the mini is hogging and the 720 wanted to move in front of him to zam brake? Don't know what happened before this though.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

18 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

Maybe the mini is hogging and the 720 wanted to move in front of him to zam brake? Don't know what happened before this though.

I feel mac wanna to chiet in to show mini how not to hog. 

The rest is history when he saw flower pots in his cabin. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 6

2 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

The rest is history when he saw flower pots in his cabin. 

Jiet or no Jiet, malu to the Mc I mean max among his friends now. 

• Haha! 2

22 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

And it would incredibly stupid to use your million dollar car this way lor.... i never care what happened before as 2 wrongs never make a right. And usually the one being filmed is the retaliator and ultimately the loser...

the car has already lost control on the most left lane at  the 7sec mark, so it is likely that he was trying to overtake from the left but have over done it on both  his accelerator and the steering wheel. 

Capture.JPG

• Praise 3

(edited)
23 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Ya I also think so. I agree he seems to have lost control at the 7s mark, and the 3rd lane machiam a little wet in some stretches so probably that contributed. There must be some incident before that which the mini did not show cos otherwise, there is no reason to drive like that at 7am along a relatively empty ECP towards the airport direction. Of course I'm not trying to shield him but just thinking what could go wrong.

Edited by Weez911
  • Praise 2

15 hours ago, D3badge said:

Think my car ran over a long strip of metal that belong to this car as I drove by moments after the accident, as is the usual route sending my kids to school. There were some plastic parts scattered around and could not avoid in time. Lucky my tyres never burst as could feel a hard bump with the metal upright on the road. 

34 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

you know his wife?

that's scary

You say his wife scary?

wow!

• Sad 1
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Kar_lover said:

Actually such 3rd party damage can also claim under insurance right? 

Seekali insurance say is speeding collision not accident then don’t want pay 

(edited)
5 hours ago, BabyBlade said:

Not too bad though. Cabin held up well. Can dekit those seats and sell on Carouhell.

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-11 at 23.09.36.jpeg

The carbon tub still looks pretty intact and the car possibly can still be salvaged and repaired, albeit very expensively. Unfortunately, it is unlikely that any insurers will be willing to pay for it, and since it will probably need to be flown back to Woking for a rebuild, it does not make any sense economically. 

Rowan Atkinson pranged his F1 even more badly a decade ago, and it was rebuilt with a whopping 910,000 quid bill.

102744799-GettyImages-120370173.jpg.5af0d1951248128740447aa695997a71.jpg

Rowan Atkinson's McLaren rebuild | Classic & Sports Car (classicandsportscar.com) https://www.classicandsportscar.com/galleries/rowan-atkinsons-mclaren-rebuild 

Edited by iamahbee
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

(edited)

the mac did not step on his brake throughout the entire 3 sec that he appeared in front of the red car despite he has lost control over it. 

Capture.JPG

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

(edited)

@iamahbee 

9 minutes ago, iamahbee said:

The carbon tub still looks pretty intact and the car possibly can still be salvaged and repaired, albeit very expensively. Unfortunately, it is unlikely that any insurers will be willing to pay for it, and since it will probably need to be flown back to Woking for a rebuild, it does not make any sense economically. 

Rowan Atkinson pranged his F1 even more badly a decade ago, and it was rebuilt with a whopping 910,000 quid bill.

102744799-GettyImages-120370173.jpg.5af0d1951248128740447aa695997a71.jpg

Rowan Atkinson's McLaren rebuild | Classic & Sports Car (classicandsportscar.com) https://www.classicandsportscar.com/galleries/rowan-atkinsons-mclaren-rebuild 

i think no chance to rebuilt it ; even if re-sell it will have a chequered past everyone in the motor industry will know already and integrity of the chassis also questionable - this is no BnB car  ; Likely if Ins don't payout he will just get his scrap PARF + residual COE .......... ok lah ! 1 hot coe will re-enter the market to cool the market  

Krazy fellas all forgit about Tg Pagar incident so fast already 

Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 3

6 hours ago, Soya said:

Hope it doesn't belong to our resident McLaren owner here

No lah. He drives much faster than this and much more skilled.

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Kar_lover said:

Actually such 3rd party damage can also claim under insurance right? 

Yes got covered.  
But NCD gone and subsequent premiums will raise quite substantially.-_-

↡ Advertisement