McLaren 720s accident on ECP

D3badge

11 hours ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

Downforce not enough.

That's because he didn't drive fast enough

for the full down force to act on his rear spoiler.

:D

And didn't drive fast enough to get more heat into

his tyres to get more grip.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

The mac did not hit anything hard.

It just hit some flower pots and the car so cui.

I am not impressed with with Macs.

4 hours ago, RadX said:

Dun be such a square la… of cos I know u meant that… duh!

u must be damn fun at parties

wa lao.. gang up on me is fine.. dun gang up on my wife hor...😩

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Don’t step on brake is the correct move for RWD.

Otherwise, the MAC will spin like a TOP.

My max speed 110km, and will never have a chance to drive a car like this, so what should  he do under this situation ? And what happen to his traction control ? 😱😱

11 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

The mac did not hit anything hard.

It just hit some flower pots and the car so cui.

I am not impressed with with Macs.

Flower power leh. 🌺🌹💪😁

• Haha! 2

1 minute ago, Ct3833 said:

My max speed 110km, and will never have a chance to drive a car like this, so what should  he do under this situation ? And what happen to his traction control ? 😱😱

Macs tend to be very tail happy even with TC fully on but they are extremely controllable if you keep your head and know roughly what you're doing. Just maintain even throttle pressure. 

I used to drive with my Drivetrain on Race and my handling on Sport and it was... lively. But fun. 

• Praise 6
  • Haha! 1

6 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Macs tend to be very tail happy even with TC fully on but they are extremely controllable if you keep your head and know roughly what you're doing. Just maintain even throttle pressure. 

I used to drive with my Drivetrain on Race and my handling on Sport and it was... lively. But fun. 

Ever need to make a floral stop...?😁

• Haha! 2

Twincharged
6 hours ago, BanCoe said:

@iamahbee 

i think no chance to rebuilt it ; even if re-sell it will have a chequered past everyone in the motor industry will know already and integrity of the chassis also questionable - this is no BnB car  ; Likely if Ins don't payout he will just get his scrap PARF + residual COE .......... ok lah ! 1 hot coe will re-enter the market to cool the market  

Krazy fellas all forgit about Tg Pagar incident so fast already 

Likely no insurer want to touch him too. Unless super crazy premiums? 

Twincharged
1 hour ago, awhtc said:

The van was in lane 3 when the camera car passed.  This means the white car had probably lost control when it was in lane 2, then skidded to lane 3 and over-steered, and ended up in lane 1, then lane 0.  I recall my Toyota Vios could handle much better in this wet road condition 😁  (It means extremely lousy driver).

Probably floored it too much. 

1 hour ago, awhtc said:

The van was in lane 3 when the camera car passed.  This means the white car had probably lost control when it was in lane 2, then skidded to lane 3 and over-steered, and ended up in lane 1, then lane 0.  I recall my Toyota Vios could handle much better in this wet road condition 😁  (It means extremely lousy driver).

100hp FWD vs 720hp RWD

🤦‍♀😂

• Haha! 2

Jokes aside hope the driver recovers fast.  Next time got money please donate more to charity and learn how to drive better in a humble Vios.

• Haha! 1

@Mkl22 the car will have a checkered past …… do Insurance companies check the engine/chassis number ?? Whilst quoting ( maybe they don’t check it much for small BnB cars)  but this kind of high performance cars might be flagged  

12 hours ago, D3badge said:

No video expose racing, will insurance still pay? As there was a “clause” on racing 

Exactly since there is no video to show it was racing, hence it was a "normal" accident in part caused by wet road. Hence covered?

12 hours ago, Karoon said:

I'm quite disturbed it didnt stop to check on the accident. He probably called 995 unknown to us, and could pose a danger if he stopped, but i still think he should've stopped on the emergency lane.

Maybe if it was a normal car he may have stopped. But since it is some superluxury sportscar, he looked upon what happened with disdain and no sympathy?

• Praise 1

Twincharged
43 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

@Mkl22 the car will have a checkered past …… do Insurance companies check the engine/chassis number ?? Whilst quoting ( maybe they don’t check it much for small BnB cars)  but this kind of high performance cars might be flagged  

Insurance companies also very scummy. Of course they will accept and collect premium first. If anything happens after that, they will then investigate and find out, then void and return whatever unused portion. 
remember you did sign the policy, saying that you verify that all is correct. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Twincharged
35 minutes ago, Kar_lover said:

Exactly since there is no video to show it was racing, hence it was a "normal" accident in part caused by wet road. Hence covered?

Ya. Even though I’m sure the video is much longer and captured more details. Why would the cam car incriminate himself. Put as much detail to paint the mclaren in a bad light is enough. 

• Praise 2

(edited)
12 hours ago, Kyrios said:

Gotta ask Inline6..which mini model is powerful enaf to take on a mc esp on empty stretches of an expressway..

I mean in congested road conditions, sometimes can still use slow poke lorries and buses to block and play the bugger but 7am on an empty stretch of expressay? The mini got some nerve to challenge..

could be the mini driving fast on his own in the morning but McLaren fragile ego? see mini fast cannot take it so wanna show mini who is the boss? a lot of people are like that fragile ego, if a "weaker car" overtake them they cannot take it 😂

dun you have experience some car driving at 85km/h on the 1st lane, then you overtake from the left say you go 110km/h, this road hogger suddenly rebirth and become a speed demon! especially if ur car is a lower Hp car than the road hogger!

Edited by D3badge
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

2 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

Ya. Even though I’m sure the video is much longer and captured more details. Why would the cam car incriminate himself. Put as much detail to paint the mclaren in a bad light is enough. 

I really doubt the car cam is involved. As someone (IMO, rightly) pointed out the McL was already skidding from the early part of the video. I don't think he was trying to cut in front of the car cam as earlier thought. Also, looking at the relative speed to the black MPV, the cam car was not driving fast enough to look like they were racing...when u see those other speeding videos, the speeding cars really just zoom past other normal cars, but not in this video.   

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2