Courts Extended Warranty Package

djpang

Neutral Newbie

I bought a washer from COURTS many years ago together with their highly recommended Extended Warranty (EW) package that costs a few hundred of dollars. A few months ago, my washer started to leak and I called up the COURTS' service hotline and they told me that I need to pay for the transportation charges else they will not send anyone down to verify the problem neither quote me for the repair cost and advised me to check the T&Cs. Like most of the consumers that including myself, how many of you will spend time reading those fine lines of T&Cs printed at font size 8???

COURTS claimed the EW does not cover wear and tears, rubber gasket, and other uncovered items. Just wondering who will buy a washing machine and keep it at home without turning it on?? As a consumer, I would expect when this package called EW should follow the common sense of providing the same manufacturer warranty coverage for an extended period of time. Once again, COURTS proved me wrong as they are definitely not a normal people, their thinking is not to provide extended warranty services at all but just to scam consumer money.

My lesson learned is never ever to buy COURT's extended warranty inclusive of other branded stores offering the same type of scamming packages. If you cannot resist the temptation, please spend time reading through the entire T&Cs even it may take you hours. Else you are just a victim donating your hard-earned money to some irresponsible culprits. The T&Cs are well crafted to protect them but not you as a consumer, you will never win. The conclusion is please DO NOT BUY ANY EXTENDED WARRANTY from COURTS and other stores. There are no differences based on my recent research on the internet... They are just here to scam your money.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 2

21 minutes ago, djpang said:

I bought a washer from COURTS many years ago together with their highly recommended Extended Warranty (EW) package that costs a few hundred of dollars. A few months ago, my washer started to leak and I called up the COURTS' service hotline and they told me that I need to pay for the transportation charges else they will not send anyone down to verify the problem neither quote me for the repair cost and advised me to check the T&Cs. Like most of the consumers that including myself, how many of you will spend time reading those fine lines of T&Cs printed at font size 8???

COURTS claimed the EW does not cover wear and tears, rubber gasket, and other uncovered items. Just wondering who will buy a washing machine and keep it at home without turning it on?? As a consumer, I would expect when this package called EW should follow the common sense of providing the same manufacturer warranty coverage for an extended period of time. Once again, COURTS proved me wrong as they are definitely not a normal people, their thinking is not to provide extended warranty services at all but just to scam consumer money.

My lesson learned is never ever to buy COURT's extended warranty inclusive of other branded stores offering the same type of scamming packages. If you cannot resist the temptation, please spend time reading through the entire T&Cs even it may take you hours. Else you are just a victim donating your hard-earned money to some irresponsible culprits. The T&Cs are well crafted to protect them but not you as a consumer, you will never win. The conclusion is please DO NOT BUY ANY EXTENDED WARRANTY from COURTS and other stores. There are no differences based on my recent research on the internet... They are just here to scam your money.

I bought ew from Harvey Norman many years back.

those mini hifi. Item spoilt 2 years plus, was asked to go to one of the outlets to verify and got a brand new one after repair was not possible as out of parts.

Guess I was lucky then?

Turbocharged

Wah if buy aircon EW must uninstall and bring down meh? whahahahahaha..

Generally i will not buy EW as these are covered by 3rd parties.. not agent..

Now with internet Carousell or any platform can look for repairman easily.. just research abit

• Haha! 1

53 minutes ago, djpang said:

ehhh... few hundreds dollars should be able to get some brand new washing machine leh....

• Praise 2

Courts moto or sales pitch is "lowest price guarenteed". 

Shops like Harvey Norman never give such promises. LoL...

😛 

What chew pay is what chew get.

Twincharged
2 hours ago, djpang said:

See, if you don't subscribe to ST and read regular, apart from improving your English language, you would have picked up a few things including being street smart.

Here's part summary:

Generally, extended warranty, if it is so good, most insurance companies would be out of business or if warranty is provided by in-house retail they would have long folded. Most electronics are not made to last forever.

You buy something and pay for  something, you  don't check, missing parts discovered, then blame everyone except yourself. There is a reason why they gave you a T&C. Not sure always ask, otherwise why we pay sales people to be on the floor.

Now in a jam, your recourse is go and read the T&C and hope they had been mistaken. 

I am sure if you don't from this, you and many others will commit similar mistake over and over again.

Finally if you hit the wall, write to our  ST Forum, Facebook also can, but ST preferred since we are going to be non-profit soon.

Just to share, I had never bought extended warranty except for computers  and recently handphones. So far, any breakdowns are repaired promptly otherwise new parts are provided. For low value items  no reason to buy extended warranty. Firstly, technology advances and making your item obsolete. Secondly, would you buy extended warranty for your oximeter provided free.

Good luck, always read ST not just for gossips but for knowledge too.

Hypersonic
3 hours ago, djpang said:

Err don't blanket statement for other companies. My sis fixed her bosch wm twice under extended warranty by BD. She didn't pay anything both times.  

But that is the only item I'm willing to buy additional warranty for. 

Hypersonic
(edited)
2 hours ago, Ody_2004 said:

Wah if buy aircon EW must uninstall and bring down meh? whahahahahaha..

Generally i will not buy EW as these are covered by 3rd parties.. not agent..

Now with internet Carousell or any platform can look for repairman easily.. just research abit

Wm the parts are not cheap one like the PCB. So just hiring the tech for labour doesn't necessarily help much. So even if u know the technician for the the company and hire him on his own time. he will also tell u the same thing. Unless its just a purely simple mechanical problem. 

I guess something like air conditioners etc than easier. 

Edited by Lala81

Supersonic

a friend of mine went to compare the fine prints between Harvey and Courts because the Harvey EW was higher.  I am told Courts EW will be compensated according to the depreciated value. Meaning if an equipment turns bad on year 5 of the 5 years Ew, the consumer will get back 20% of the equivalent value of the item( to buy a new item). For Harvey, the EW is guaranteed for full number of years, so even if an equipment spoils on the year 5, the consumer will get to have a new equipment equivalent to the original  value he bought.  How true is this I dont know. 

But for TS case, I am not sure it is reasonable  to expect EW to cover wear and tear like rubber and gaskets. But it is reasonable to expect  the electric  motor to be covered . 

↡ Advertisement