Don't Play Play - Lego Look Alike Pistol

SGCM928

Do you think such pistol is cool or a hazard?   

11 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think such pistol is cool or a hazard?

• Yes, I want one!
    • No, it can kill if someone mistook it for a toy!!

(edited)

Putting the safety concerns aside, I find this pistol damn cool. 😅

Real pistol that looks like Lego toy sparks controvery in US

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/real-pistol-gun-lego-toy-sparks-controvery-us-glock-block19-15216284

block19-lego-gun-culper-precision.jpg

The Block19 semi-automatic weapon has a strong resemblance to a Lego toy.

WASHINGTON: A US gun maker has triggered controversy by selling a kit that makes a real Glock pistol look like a children's Lego toy gun, at a time when hundreds of kids are falling victim to shootings.

The colourful brick design gives the semi-automatic weapon a strong resemblance to a Lego toy. The gun maker was marketing it as a Block19, which sold for between US$549 and US$765.

The Danish manufacturer of the building blocks has sent the Utah-based company, Culper Precision, a demand to stop producing the red, blue and yellow covering for handguns.

"Our organisation reached out to Lego, which then sent a cease and desist letter to the reckless gun maker," said Shannon Watts, founder of the group Moms Demand Action, which advocates for stricter gun controls.

Watts, who stressed that "unintentional shootings have risen by 30 per cent in the past year", told the Washington Post her first reaction upon seeing the gun was that it was "sick and children would die".

She said that in 2021 there had been more than 165 accidental shootings by children in the US, according to the organisation Everytown. Last year, 142 people died as a result of accidental discharges by children or minors, the same group said.

Edited by SGCM928
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Shocked 4
  • Haha! 3

(edited)

Wow. that's dangerous for both sides. the citizens or the police officer.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 4

The kind of thinking that goes behind, yes, it’s a great idea to make a lethal handgun look more like a toy - is just mind blowing.

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
40 minutes ago, SGCM928 said:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/real-pistol-gun-lego-toy-sparks-controvery-us-glock-block19-15216284

WASHINGTON: A US gun maker has triggered controversy by selling a kit that makes a real Glock pistol look like a children's Lego toy gun, at a time when hundreds of kids are falling victim to shootings.

The colourful brick design gives the semi-automatic weapon a strong resemblance to a Lego toy. The gun maker was marketing it as a Block19, which sold for between US$549 and US$765.

The Danish manufacturer of the building blocks has sent the Utah-based company, Culper Precision, a demand to stop producing the red, blue and yellow covering for handguns.

"Our organisation reached out to Lego, which then sent a cease and desist letter to the reckless gun maker," said Shannon Watts, founder of the group Moms Demand Action, which advocates for stricter gun controls.

Watts, who stressed that "unintentional shootings have risen by 30 per cent in the past year", told the Washington Post her first reaction upon seeing the gun was that it was "sick and children would die".

She said that in 2021 there had been more than 165 accidental shootings by children in the US, according to the organisation Everytown. Last year, 142 people died as a result of accidental discharges by children or minors, the same group said.

At first glance without reading the news I thought this was the controversy was on how Lego made their toy gun to look like a real gun. 100% no for sure. Too dangerous.

• Praise 1

13 minutes ago, yishunite said:

These doesn't look real enough to begin with. The main difference is that lego looking gun can kill but not real looking lego gun.

At most some over the counter might be fooled and handed over the cash.🤭

• Haha! 2

52 minutes ago, SGCM928 said:

this is too colorful for a real gun.

I thought it has a red/orange mark in the front muzzle mean is a toy?

37 minutes ago, yishunite said:

more like fake lego toy, riping off lego for profit!!! let me see.... I bet must be a chinese company 😂

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator

This one confirm will appear as a skin inside PUBG or CS:GO. Later I go to my steam account see got this anot. hahahah

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

Turbocharged
54 minutes ago, yishunite said:

This one can be found in some local neighbourhood shops selling toys. It's not even Lego; it's just building blocks. The finished product is not to scale anyway, so won't be confused for anything other than a toy.

Internal Moderator
41 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Also like Lego with many small lumps? 

Must see doc liao, if got little lumps like lego. 🤣

• Haha! 3