Only fully vaccinated allowed......

BabyBlade

COVID-19 restrictions to be reviewed in early August, any easing only for vaccinated people: Lawrence Wong

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid-19-phase-2-ha-early-august-vaccinated-travel-lawrence-wong-15298016

Disincentives for the unvaccinated. Vaccinated to be exempted from SHN after overseas trip. This is the biggest incentive for many! 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

(edited)
37 minutes ago, Ender said:

Maybe they should delay this measure till Novavax is available for the national vaccination program.  Some are not antiVax, but wary of mRNA vaccine unknown ong term side effects

I am one of them waiting for Novavax and am under pressure from my family members and indirectly from my workplace to get vaccinated.

Since im working from home since mid may this year due to heightened alert, have not gone back to office since then. Now my workplace requires ART swab one day before you step into office for those working in office on a weekly basis provided you got negative result.

Every week got to update on whether get jabbed for first jab or 2nd jab, only a few of us not yet vaccinated.

One of my colleagues got her first jab a while back and has been suffering from allergic reaction like outbreak of rashes that she had to get hospitalized and now was told to defer 2nd jab until medical report is out with doctor.One of my friends also got severe headaches and extreme fatigue after 2nd jab for a few days 

Before Govt want to penalize unvax people , please control the imports especially those from CECA land and places where outbreak is out of control first.🙄😑

Edited by Confusedboi
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Turbocharged
(edited)

Too bad you are in their way...no stopping their locomotion.. 

Whatever happened to our Constitution where it says all men are equal and must receive the same treatment? 😆 some will ask why the discrimination? 🤣

Edited by Kyrios
  • Haha! 1

4 minutes ago, Kyrios said:

Too bad you are in their way...no stopping their locomotion.. 

Whatever happened to our Constitution where it says all men are ok and must receive the same treatment? 😆 some will ask why the discrimination? 🤣

Very good already not following this suggestion

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Philipkee said:

Eh vaccinated individuals can spread among themselves so even if a group is 100% vaccinated, no guarantee that the virus is not spreading.  And virus spread among vaccinated adults can still infect the unvaccinated like children. 

Exactly, agree. We need to stop villian-ising the unvaccinated, while I strongly support vaccination, the risks to the unvaccinated appears to be mainly to themselves. I am fully vaccinated, but I am under no illusions that the infections can't spread within a fully vaccinated group.

At least from Israel who had an early headstart in vaccinations, there seems to be growing evidence that the pfizer vaccine isn't great against delta variant at just 39% effective.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/07/23/delta-variant-pfizer-covid-vaccine-39percent-effective-in-israel-prevents-severe-illness.html

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
(edited)
1 hour ago, Confusedboi said:

I am one of them waiting for Novavax and am under pressure from my family members and indirectly from my workplace to get vaccinated.

Since im working from home since mid may this year due to heightened alert, have not gone back to office since then. Now my workplace requires ART swab one day before you step into office for those working in office on a weekly basis provided you got negative result.

Every week got to update on whether get jabbed for first jab or 2nd jab, only a few of us not yet vaccinated.

One of my colleagues got her first jab a while back and has been suffering from allergic reaction like outbreak of rashes that she had to get hospitalized and now was told to defer 2nd jab until medical report is out with doctor.One of my friends also got severe headaches and extreme fatigue after 2nd jab for a few days 

Before Govt want to penalize unvax people , please control the imports especially those from CECA land and places where outbreak is out of control first.🙄😑

You mean your company requires ART test before going to office even for vaccinated staff?

This could be one of the tactic from gahment to put pressure on people who had vaccinated to put pressure on those who are not vaccinated? Esp at workplace, perhaps all are vaccinated but left only you not vaccinated, cannot imagine the stress and pressure. Lol.

Edited by 13177

16 minutes ago, happy_man said:

Don't mind sharing which vaccine which caused your colleague to be warded ? Any medication was used to address the bad reaction by the hospital ?

She took pftzer Biontech for first jab. Think she was given steroid pills and creams first time round at GP, for rashes outbreak when things didnt improve need to go A and E  a few days later for stronger steroid and pills plus injection at backside.

• Shocked 1

5 minutes ago, Confusedboi said:

She took pftzer Biontech for first jab. Think she was given steroid pills and creams first time round at GP, for rashes outbreak when things didnt improve need to go A and E  a few days later for stronger steroid and pills plus injection at backside.

Did she all along got rashes outbreak last time precovid?

or is it a new for her.

(edited)

People vaccinated before late February are twice as likely to catch the coronavirus than other inoculated Israelis, according to new research.

they say efficacy fall at 40% per month. dont know real or not..

https://www.timesofisrael.com/hmo-those-who-inoculated-early-twice-as-likely-to-catch-covid-as-later-adopters/amp/?__twitter_impression=true&fbclid=IwAR1qG3cglFclmBjTN1xd8EvAuEdP9BVTRPw3662HP_vxUSbtf-tCxD5VUhs

Edited by Nolicense

Hypersonic
6 minutes ago, Nolicense said:

This prof gave more details on the waning protection against infections over time. But good news, is protection against severe illness and hospitalisation did not drop.

From Israel's data , he was able to derive these insights,

Protection against infections for those jab in Jan dropped to 16%,

image.png.21a3e6898652e6262f7a958a9a593998.png

Protection against hospitalisation and severe illnees is not waning

image.png.41fdec4b870155659eac5a81ef114417.png

• Praise 1

Supersonic

the mRNAs were originally designed for alpha variant.

Against delta variant, it's still doing remarkably well to prevent serious illness.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
On 7/25/2021 at 9:02 PM, Ash2017 said:

No right or wrong  answer just observations:

HK has a National Vaccination program which includes Sinovac and BioNTech vaccines while SG has a National Vaccination program but exclude Sinovac as part of the National Vaccination program.

HK have zero local cases for how long already while SG have how many local cases each day?

Questions?

1. Sinovac - not potent enough? 

2. If assuming vaccines are not the cause for the difference in cases, then it must be something do with our borders?

3. Why we love to blame everyone except ourselves? Why blame the Vietnamese and why blame the fishmongers? If two departments don't communicate and do not impose similar strict covid rules with fishermen from Batam (Indonesia) dealing with our Jurong Wholesale Fish Market then we have cluster formation. Interesting to note that we many have the best military hardware and software but this situation shows it meant nothing if all departments don't work together.

This is not a blaming game. There is such thing as fatigue, the public is close to or some already burn out by the on and off restrictions (heightened alert - whatever we try to call it, it is still a form of lockdown). Some say so poor thing Australia having lockdowns, but their lockdown is not self created by choice. Are we any different? 

You want to have more indepth analysis go buy your ST. You read the ST your head circumference will increase by at least 2cm. Being smart does not only mean going to University. Read the ST as many smart and I dare say genius people do. I will ask my marketing department to crave something with freebies with subscription. Please support ST and buy a copy even if you dont want to subscribe. Be smart.

err...HK vaccination rate is so low it really does not say anything about sinovac.... 

10 hours ago, Kb27 said:

this is a good way to encourage those who refuse to take vaccine.

why should the vaccinated take the risk from those unvaccinated when in a crowded area ?

and remember those who are unvaccinated can infect your loved ones at home, your little children, who are still not eligible to be vaccinated.

I don't think the word "encourage" is the right choice of word.

"Punishment" more apt.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

the isreal data, the fact that many countries have low rate of vaccination, the fact that big countries like US and EU are opening up with population only about 1/2 vaccinated, the fact that small kids cannot be vaccinated - surely the virus is going to mutate and get round today's vaccine with increasing ease?  we effectively created the perfect training ground for it. 

• Praise 1

@mikk123 

41 minutes ago, mikk123 said:

vaccine is not the perfect solution to the problem we are facing,, but it is the best. Anyone got a better solution to share? For those who volunteered and take the risk of side effect to get vaccinated, they should not be treated same with those people who are "smart and have above average intelligence" not taking the vaccine. A society can only move forward if everyone contributes. For those who contribute actively, should be rewarded. Of course, those have existing medical condition should be exempted . I don't think the remaining 30% also have medical conditions! 

the concern is not vaccination, the concern is endemic living after vaccination.   how open are we going to be.  who are we letting back in.  what about the countries that will be closed to us, seeing us as heightened risk?  what about the children who are not vaccinated.

hope we are not following the wrong god home...    

• Praise 1

(edited)
53 minutes ago, mikk123 said:

vaccine is not the perfect solution to the problem we are facing,, but it is the best. Anyone got a better solution to share? For those who volunteered and take the risk of side effect to get vaccinated, they should not be treated same with those people who are "smart and have above average intelligence" not taking the vaccine. A society can only move forward if everyone contributes. For those who contribute actively, should be rewarded. Of course, those have existing medical condition should be exempted . I don't think the remaining 30% also have medical conditions! 

Literally speaking marginalise those that go against the norm of society. 😟

It should be more carrot than stick. Creating an exclusive society on the basic of vaccinated versu non vaccinated can never be good for a country. 

Imo those that have went for the vaccination without carrot applaud and good for you.

Those that are still sitting on the fence instead there should be more education/patient and incentive base to encourage them. Restricting and limiting their social participation is very much a authoritative measure. 

Empathy, sympathy and harmony is what we need in the society given the predicament are facing globally.

Solely my view. Me and wifey will be getting our 2nd dose on 20th august. Good timings. Die together. 🤗

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

2 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Literally speaking marginalise those that go against the norm of society. 😟

It should be more carrot than stick. Creating an exclusive society on the basic of vaccinated versu non vaccinated can never be good for a country. 

Imo those that have went for the vaccination without carrot applaud and good for you.

Those that are still sitting on the fence instead there should be more education/patient and incentive base to encourage them. Restricting and limiting their social participation is very much a authoritative measure. 

Empathy, sympathy and harmonia is what we need in the society now.

Solely my view. Me and wifey will be getting our 2nd dose on 20th august. Good timings. Die together. 🤗

only good die young....you safe

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3