Only fully vaccinated allowed......

BabyBlade

On 7/27/2021 at 2:13 PM, 13177 said:

No one can answer when novavax will come to sg? Even OYK cannot answer this. Lol.

Don't count on it. Novavax has a manufacturing bottleneck. It depends on India's Serum Institute to manufacture the vaccine. Even if it hit its target to get 150m doses per month, India govt could ban the export just like what they did with the Az

https://www.forbes.com/sites/greatspeculations/2021/07/07/can-novavax-rise-to-the-manufacturing-challenge/?sh=45a2967a932c

While Novavax has its own production facilities in the Czech Republic and Sweden, it will largely count on partnerships with contract manufacturing organizations around the world to produce a bulk of its vaccines and the antigens and adjuvants that go into them. Novavax expects its total vaccine capacity to stand at about 100 million doses per month by the end of Q3 2021, scaling this up to approximately 150 million doses per month by the end of Q4. Of this, about one billion annualized doses will be manufactured by India’s Serum Institute, the world’s largest vaccine producer by volume. Other licensed manufacturers of the shot include Japan’s Takeda Pharmaceutical and South Korea’s SK bioscience. However, these production targets might be somewhat optimistic. Novavax has faced challenges in sourcing sufficient quantities of raw materials – such as filters and sterile plastic bags used to grow vaccine cells – which has resulted in delays in the ramp-up of production capacity. Partners such as Serum have also pushed back timelines, due to the unavailability of some materials, while also facing production capacity constraints.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supersonic
2 minutes ago, Somewhat1975 said:

Don't count on it. Novavax has a manufacturing bottleneck. It depends on India's Serum Institute to manufacture the vaccine. Even if it hit its target to get 150m doses per month, India govt could ban the export just like what they did with the Az

https://www.forbes.com/sites/greatspeculations/2021/07/07/can-novavax-rise-to-the-manufacturing-challenge/?sh=45a2967a932c

Whole world already started vaccination so long liao and yet Novavax vaccine still havent used yet? Like that indeed cannot count on it.

Supersonic
25 minutes ago, Singa said:

more reliable vaccine sources, more protection. whether can count on Novavax, only time can tell. 

but hey, at least the govt is doing something on this front to diversify, so I give them credit on this one.

Even govt is doing something to diversify, but Novavax itself also must make it, if not also no use. Lol.

1 hour ago, Voodooman said:

Yes, they f**ked up, like HK did earlier with the sailor and dancing class episodes.  This current JFP cluster plus Delta may have made it harder to handle. Somehow, I think vaccination makes us complacent, if you think you are protected, you tend to take more risk.

For the JFP episode, I am not sure the borders can be airtight given we import majority of our daily fresh food supplies.  HK probably gets its food and other supplies from the China hinterlands, which has better control of the situation than most of our neighbors.

This is why the bub...... <Shhhhh> didn't materialise, as HK's first focus is unrestricted travel to and from the mainland. Everything else can suck-thumb.

What doesn't come across by truck, comes via barge with everything else containerised or chilled via airfreight. This is pretty much like SG-MY/ID but HK also has a good sized fishing fleet and farming to do well on it's own. If there are non-HK fishermen, they are also mainlanders anyway and under the same structural chase-Zero structure so cross infection is slim. Not like our equivalent MY/ID.

• Praise 2

(edited)
On 7/28/2021 at 12:07 PM, Watwheels said:

What make sense, really?

If ppl say they will have a severe allergic reaction to the vaccine then what happens if they really kenna the virus? The effects of the vaccine is just a fraction of what the virus is. Cant imagine what will happen if they kenna the virus. The reaction will be many times what the vaccine can do.

What is the right choice to make then? Procrastinate?

Go seek a doctor's opinion. If one is not enough for you then go to another. It is better than sitting there, do nothing and cry discrimination.

The vaccine can cause its own risks. You won't get heart inflammation from covid but you might get that from the mrna vaccine. I'm fully vaccinated BTW. 

And just like the LT effects of covid are not well understood, the same goes for the vaccine. 

Edited by Falc

Supersonic
8 minutes ago, Falc said:

The vaccine can cause its own risks. You won't get heart inflammation from covid but you might get that from the mrna vaccine. I'm fully vaccinated BTW. 

And just like the LT effects of covid are not well understood, the same goes for the vaccine. 

Thats why i said before, vaccinate also can die, not vaccinate also can die, only see how you die?! Lol.

2 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Thats why i said before, vaccinate also can die, not vaccinate also can die, only see how you die?! Lol.

Im surprised we dont see more post-vaccine deaths since many of the first people they vaccinated were these old guys who gonna drop dead any minute lol

• Praise 1

6 hours ago, yishunite said:

Im surprised we dont see more post-vaccine deaths since many of the first people they vaccinated were these old guys who gonna drop dead any minute lol

The problem is, what is considered post vaccine death? Statistics can be manipulated.

Even covid deaths.  Are they deaths by covid or deaths with covid?

• Praise 1

Supersonic
8 hours ago, yishunite said:

I guess even have also might not report la. Even reported also would not say death is due to post-vaccine lo. 🙄 You know i know.

1 hour ago, badlammy said:

1627601594248.jpg

Unvaccinated not fit to patronage this restaurant even though now all take away. The message trying to get across.   🤣🤣🤣  

1 hour ago, badlammy said:

1627601594248.jpg

If I am the public relations  I would go along this line...."show your upcoming vaccine date to enjoy 40/50%....off".

Though me and family still pending our up coming 2nd dose in August this restaurant will now be permanently striked off from our dining list.

• Haha! 1

9 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Unvaccinated not fit to patronage this restaurant even though now all take away. The message trying to get across.   🤣🤣🤣  

Bro you see the pic again 

1st jab got discount liao

1 minute ago, Mustank said:

Bro you see the pic again 

1st jab got discount liao

I know of the discount. I still felt uneasy seeing such discriminating message against those unvaccinated. 

Merely my view.🤔

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

7 minutes ago, Mustank said:

Quickly open ktv for all lah

55% discount for vacine people :grin:

55%apply on the tab or tips?🤣

Now they have shut down BGR entry where are they going to find the "waitresses" to "wait" for you?🤣

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1