BabyBlade

Only fully vaccinated allowed......

Supersonic

Maybe they should delay this measure till Novavax is available for the national vaccination program.  Some are not antiVax, but wary of mRNA vaccine unknown ong term side effects

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic
8 minutes ago, Ender said:

Maybe they should delay this measure till Novavax is available for the national vaccination program.  Some are not antiVax, but wary of mRNA vaccine unknown ong term side effects

Guess they are very eager to open up fast, if the vaccination rate is not high, they have no valid reason to open big big.

Also they don’t know when will Novavax come, so cannot wait liao. So think this is a brilliant way of hard selling to push all those who are unvacc to go jab now. So as per their usual style and tactics, they would say something that people hear liao will scare esp scare to be leftout.😅

Supersonic

COVID-19 restrictions to be reviewed in early August, any easing only for vaccinated people: Lawrence Wong

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid-19-phase-2-ha-early-august-vaccinated-travel-lawrence-wong-15298016

Disincentives for the unvaccinated. Vaccinated to be exempted from SHN after overseas trip. This is the biggest incentive for many! 

• Praise 1

5th Gear (edited)
37 minutes ago, Ender said:

I am one of them waiting for Novavax and am under pressure from my family members and indirectly from my workplace to get vaccinated.

Since im working from home since mid may this year due to heightened alert, have not gone back to office since then. Now my workplace requires ART swab one day before you step into office for those working in office on a weekly basis provided you got negative result.

Every week got to update on whether get jabbed for first jab or 2nd jab, only a few of us not yet vaccinated.

One of my colleagues got her first jab a while back and has been suffering from allergic reaction like outbreak of rashes that she had to get hospitalized and now was told to defer 2nd jab until medical report is out with doctor.One of my friends also got severe headaches and extreme fatigue after 2nd jab for a few days 

Before Govt want to penalize unvax people , please control the imports especially those from CECA land and places where outbreak is out of control first.🙄😑

Edited by Confusedboi
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Turbocharged (edited)

Too bad you are in their way...no stopping their locomotion.. 

Whatever happened to our Constitution where it says all men are equal and must receive the same treatment? 😆 some will ask why the discrimination? 🤣

Edited by Kyrios
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
4 minutes ago, Kyrios said:

Too bad you are in their way...no stopping their locomotion.. 

Whatever happened to our Constitution where it says all men are ok and must receive the same treatment? 😆 some will ask why the discrimination? 🤣

Very good already not following this suggestion

• Haha! 1

4th Gear
1 hour ago, Philipkee said:

Eh vaccinated individuals can spread among themselves so even if a group is 100% vaccinated, no guarantee that the virus is not spreading.  And virus spread among vaccinated adults can still infect the unvaccinated like children. 

MOH data shows vaccinated or not, u will still kenna infected.

It is a matter of how sick one get - Which puzzles me why the 21 July data shows hardly any difference. 🤔

figure10_21jul.png

• Praise 1

4th Gear
1 hour ago, Confusedboi said:

I am one of them waiting for Novavax and am under pressure from my family members and indirectly from my workplace to get vaccinated.

Since im working from home since mid may this year due to heightened alert, have not gone back to office since then. Now my workplace requires ART swab one day before you step into office for those working in office on a weekly basis provided you got negative result.

Every week got to update on whether get jabbed for first jab or 2nd jab, only a few of us not yet vaccinated.

One of my colleagues got her first jab a while back and has been suffering from allergic reaction like outbreak of rashes that she had to get hospitalized and now was told to defer 2nd jab until medical report is out with doctor.One of my friends also got severe headaches and extreme fatigue after 2nd jab for a few days 

Before Govt want to penalize unvax people , please control the imports especially those from CECA land and places where outbreak is out of control first.🙄😑

Don't mind sharing which vaccine which caused your colleague to be warded ? Any medication was used to address the bad reaction by the hospital ?

4th Gear
2 hours ago, Philipkee said:

Eh vaccinated individuals can spread among themselves so even if a group is 100% vaccinated, no guarantee that the virus is not spreading.  And virus spread among vaccinated adults can still infect the unvaccinated like children. 

Exactly, agree. We need to stop villian-ising the unvaccinated, while I strongly support vaccination, the risks to the unvaccinated appears to be mainly to themselves. I am fully vaccinated, but I am under no illusions that the infections can't spread within a fully vaccinated group.

At least from Israel who had an early headstart in vaccinations, there seems to be growing evidence that the pfizer vaccine isn't great against delta variant at just 39% effective.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/07/23/delta-variant-pfizer-covid-vaccine-39percent-effective-in-israel-prevents-severe-illness.html

• Haha! 1

Supersonic (edited)
1 hour ago, Confusedboi said:

You mean your company requires ART test before going to office even for vaccinated staff?

This could be one of the tactic from gahment to put pressure on people who had vaccinated to put pressure on those who are not vaccinated? Esp at workplace, perhaps all are vaccinated but left only you not vaccinated, cannot imagine the stress and pressure. Lol.

Edited by 13177

5th Gear
16 minutes ago, happy_man said:

Don't mind sharing which vaccine which caused your colleague to be warded ? Any medication was used to address the bad reaction by the hospital ?

She took pftzer Biontech for first jab. Think she was given steroid pills and creams first time round at GP, for rashes outbreak when things didnt improve need to go A and E  a few days later for stronger steroid and pills plus injection at backside.

• Shocked 1

4th Gear
5 minutes ago, Confusedboi said:

She took pftzer Biontech for first jab. Think she was given steroid pills and creams first time round at GP, for rashes outbreak when things didnt improve need to go A and E  a few days later for stronger steroid and pills plus injection at backside.

Did she all along got rashes outbreak last time precovid?

or is it a new for her.

Supercharged (edited)

People vaccinated before late February are twice as likely to catch the coronavirus than other inoculated Israelis, according to new research.

they say efficacy fall at 40% per month. dont know real or not..

https://www.timesofisrael.com/hmo-those-who-inoculated-early-twice-as-likely-to-catch-covid-as-later-adopters/amp/?__twitter_impression=true&fbclid=IwAR1qG3cglFclmBjTN1xd8EvAuEdP9BVTRPw3662HP_vxUSbtf-tCxD5VUhs

Edited by Nolicense

Supersonic
6 minutes ago, Nolicense said:

This prof gave more details on the waning protection against infections over time. But good news, is protection against severe illness and hospitalisation did not drop.

From Israel's data , he was able to derive these insights,

Protection against infections for those jab in Jan dropped to 16%,

image.png.21a3e6898652e6262f7a958a9a593998.png

Protection against hospitalisation and severe illnees is not waning

image.png.41fdec4b870155659eac5a81ef114417.png

• Praise 1

5th Gear
1 hour ago, Dannnn said:

Did she all along got rashes outbreak last time precovid?

or is it a new for her.

think its new for her.

Supersonic

the mRNAs were originally designed for alpha variant.

Against delta variant, it's still doing remarkably well to prevent serious illness.

• Praise 1

4th Gear
9 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

the mRNAs were originally designed for alpha variant.

Against delta variant, it's still doing remarkably well to prevent serious illness.

I thought mRNA started out over a decade ago at clinical trial stage for new gen of gene-therapy (or RNA therapy) for treating specific diseases like cancer etc, not intended for large population scale application. In any case, as in any new innovations, there will bound to be element of risk taking and lesson yet to learn.

4th Gear
2 hours ago, Confusedboi said:

Wow..sorry to hear that - Considering steroids can have many side effects if taken for extended period ...Hope she no longer depend on it after discharge...I guess the next best option maybe a non mRNA alternatives.

↡ Advertisement