EPL - 2021 / 2022

Maxus-MIFA9

30 minutes ago, Beregond said:

Not sure how much Lamela is worth but i would make a guess near 20mil? That would mean Gil is worth 40mil which is a lot for a player largely unknown. Also by Spurs standards, they don’t normally fork out big sums for players bar Ndombele which I believe is the only player they hv ever signed above 40mil. I suppose they are paying for potential as Gil is young.

• Praise 4

4 minutes ago, Spring said:

Not sure how much Lamela is worth but i would make a guess near 20mil? That would mean Gil is worth 40mil which is a lot for a player largely unknown. Also by Spurs standards, they don’t normally fork out big sums for players bar Ndombele which I believe is the only player they hv ever signed above 40mil. I suppose they are paying for potential as Gil is young.

this is 1 of spurs big issue also.

gil is 20 now. spainish international, he need first team football in top level. spurs give it to him, say in 3-4 years time he make it big, become the next big thing at spurs. he got around 1 year contract left and if giant like real and barc come knocking. spurs is not able to keep him.

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, Beregond said:

this is 1 of spurs big issue also.

gil is 20 now. spainish international, he need first team football in top level. spurs give it to him, say in 3-4 years time he make it big, become the next big thing at spurs. he got around 1 year contract left and if giant like real and barc come knocking. spurs is not able to keep him.

Problem with Spurs n in fact Arsenal as well is that they cant shop at the top level cos they will always be outbidded by City, Chelsea, United etc not only cos of these clubs deeper pockets but also the lure of playing in UCL. So they will have to shop at the next tier and buy prudently. Time will tell if Gil becomes a good buy.

The other issue is also Levy who like most money men, buys players with good value which are perceived by age, scientific research etc. Liverpool hv been quite successful at this way of buying but I still feel at the end of the day, buying players is not a science but an art so coaches and scouts input shld take precedence over whatever research says. Just my opinion only……..

• Praise 5

3 minutes ago, Spring said:

Problem with Spurs n in fact Arsenal as well is that they cant shop at the top level cos they will always be outbidded by City, Chelsea, United etc not only cos of these clubs deeper pockets but also the lure of playing in UCL

spurs yes but not really asn. 

before asn drop out of top 4 this few years, they paying top money for players also.

pepe , abu,  laca, partey, ozil. .

but now i think very hard for them to lure any top players also liao, after so many season without ucl 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

600k /week bale return to real. But he dun have any squad  number yet

Under laliga regulations  spainish team can only register  3 non eu players.

With brexit bale become the fourth.  

Lmao he really can play goft and collect money liao 

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Spring said:

Interesting article on the transfer approach of 4 clubs ie Pool, City, United n Leicester. Each hv their merits……

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/soccer-transfers/story/4441046/how-premier-league-rivals-liverpoolman-unitedman-city-and-leicester-find-transfer-success-in-different-ways

Did they mention the long hair centre back Leicester  bring in to replace harry maguire. 

Dun know where they dig him out from. Lei really good at finding hidden talents

• Praise 3

On 7/27/2021 at 9:06 AM, Spring said:

They wasted all that Bale money.

Not one player was a success!

:D

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Supercharged
On 7/27/2021 at 9:06 AM, Spring said:

Lamela prob left 1 or 2 yrs contract.

So prob 10 to 15m max.

Gil tbh. Never heard of him b4. Need google

• Praise 1

Supercharged
2 hours ago, Jamesc said:

They wasted all that Bale money.

Not one player was a success!

Eriksen. Hehe.

Recovering well. Though not sure if hes allowed to play professionally again

• Praise 3

Supercharged

Spurs biggest flaw is defence. Sadly. Haiz.

A couple of yrs back when verthongen and toby were both in their prime. Forms one of the finest defence spurs had seen.

Now spurs struggling to get the defenders they want. Romero. His club haggling for more monies. Kounde also and now with shelsea coming in to bid. Bye spurs leow.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

54 minutes ago, Spurman said:

Eriksen. Hehe.

Recovering well. Though not sure if hes allowed to play professionally again

Oh yes Eriksen is very good.

Spurs also made a profit selling him.

Bought for 11m from Ajax and sold for 17m to Inter.

He is worth a lot more than 17m.

57 minutes ago, Spurman said:

Spurs biggest flaw is defence. Sadly. Haiz.

A couple of yrs back when verthongen and toby were both in their prime. Forms one of the finest defence spurs had seen.

Now spurs struggling to get the defenders they want. Romero. His club haggling for more monies. Kounde also and now with shelsea coming in to bid. Bye spurs leow.

Son and Kane with Bale are a very good attacking side.

They can score 3 or 4 goals every game but every time Spurs go 1 - 0 up Jose will tell the team to hold on and just defend.

The other team will always equalise in the 85th minute because they have nothing to lose and just throw man forward in the last 20 mins.

Lose 1 - 0 or 2 - 0 don't make any difference so just attack in the last 20 mins and hope for an equaliser.

Jose should have let them attack and go 2 or 3 - 0 up and then hold on for the rest of the game.

Spurs drop points so needlessly for so many games.

• Praise 2

Ben White confirmed £50 mil to Arsenal. Surprised Gunners willing to pay so high for him as he becomes the 3rd most expensive Arsenal player of all time. Only Aubameyang n Pepe costs more. Not seen enough of him to comment so we shall see.Tonite Gunners playing Chelsea in a friendly so he may feature?

C691021C-991C-4D5F-A95E-29CAF72D4669.jpeg

• Praise 3

24 minutes ago, Spring said:

Ben White confirmed £50 mil to Arsenal. Surprised Gunners willing to pay so high for him as he becomes the 3rd most expensive Arsenal player of all time. Only Aubameyang n Pepe costs more. Not seen enough of him to comment so we shall see.Tonite Gunners playing Chelsea in a friendly so he may feature?

C691021C-991C-4D5F-A95E-29CAF72D4669.jpeg

Epl starting in 2 weeks. 

Despite alot of rumours flying around. The market is relatively quiet...

• Praise 3

4 minutes ago, Beregond said:

Epl starting in 2 weeks. 

Despite alot of rumours flying around. The market is relatively quiet...

Villa seems quite active. Reported that they hv agreed £30mil fee for Leon Bailey from Leverkusen. They already paid for Buendia of Norwich for £34mil n also signed Ashley Young on a free tfr from Inter. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4