EPL - 2021 / 2022

Picnic06-Biante15

12 hours ago, Beregond said:

sour grape nia.

how many club in EPL  are own by local english now??  10/20 of them

another 1/2 all foreigners owner

Yes. Even division one some clubs are also under foreign ownership.

The debate wasn't so much as foreign ownership. More so of the perceive integrity of Saudi owner. Alleged ordering of the assassin of his sister? No freedom of speech and human right concern.

Edited by Kopites
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

11 minutes ago, Kopites said:

To a certain extent yes but can check with city how they got around the figures.

I remembered inorder to balanced the book city accounted prospective income from future champion league/premier league earnings. All I heard from tabloid. Loan from owner with no repayment expected (this trick apparently Chelsea also using). 😁

Did not see their FR though. 

Maybe saudi decided to buy the stadium naming right worth £500m for next 5 yrs and change stadium name

hehehe

but i think now getting more strict. Thanks to city

6 minutes ago, Kopites said:

The debate wasn't so much as foreign ownership. More so of the perceive integrity of Saudi owner. Alleged ordering of the assassin of his sister? No freedom of speech and human right concern.

Its excuse la

If its human right why do this?

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2021/feb/09/uk-authorised-14bn-of-arms-sales-to-saudi-arabia-after-exports-resumed

Ballon d’or 30-man nominee list, 14 come from EPL alone. 5 from City, 5 from Chelsea, 2 from Man United n 1 from Pool n Spurs.

Other Leagues with Nominees are French Ligue with 4, Serie A with 5 n La Liga with 5.

Cesar Azpilicueta (Chelsea)

Nicolo Barella (Inter)

Karim Benzema (Real Madrid)

Leonardo Bonucci (Juventus)

Giorgio Chiellini (Juventus)

Kevin De Bruyne (Man City)

Ruben Dias (Man City)

Gianluigi Donnarumma (AC Milan, PSG)

Bruno Fernandes (Man Utd)

Phil Foden (Man City)

Erling Haaland (Borussia Dortmund)

Jorginho (Chelsea)

Harry Kane (Tottenham)

N'Golo Kante (Chelsea)

Simon Kjaer (AC Milan)

Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich)

Romelu Lukaku (Inter, Chelsea)

Riyad Mahrez (Man City)

Lautaro Martinez (Inter)

Kylian Mbappe (PSG)

Lionel Messi (Barcelona, PSG)

Luka Modric (Real Madrid)

Gerard Moreno (Villarreal)

Mason Mount (Chelsea)

Pedri (Barcelona)

Neymar (PSG)

Cristiano Ronaldo (Juventus, Man Utd)

Mohamed Salah (Liverpool)

Raheem Sterling (Man City)

Luis Suarez (Atletico Madrid)

Bookies favourites are Messi, Lewandowski, Jorginho n Kante in that order. 

• Praise 3

4 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

That is why the UK government claimed issue is of premier league concern not the government according to their spot minister. 

Don't laugh. Is true. Let me search the link.

9 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Alison McGovern, the shadow sports minister, said: “This is ultimately a failure in the way that football is governed. Labour has called for a tough independent regulator for many years and the action we hope will come from the publication of the [Tracey] Crouch review cannot come soon enough.”

The Department for Culture, Media and Sport have maintained a deliberately hands-off approach, with officials insisting that it is a matter for the Premier League.

• Praise 1

10 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Maybe saudi decided to buy the stadium naming right worth £500m for next 5 yrs and change stadium name

hehehe

but i think now getting more strict. Thanks to city

I reckon is more than that.

Quoted.

Adam Lewis, the Premier League’s barrister, said at the CAT: “If the arbitration decides KSA [the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia] is not a director then the transaction can and will go ahead, with no question of the owners’ and directors’ test being applied to KSA.”

Saudi Arabia has since lifted its ban on beIN Sports and promised to shutdown pirate websites showing Premier League football in the country, as well as giving assurances that the state would not be involved in the day-to-day running of Newcastle.

• Praise 1

26 minutes ago, Kopites said:

i dun like to mix politic with sports lol.

for example chelsea owner support  israel , send alot of money there. but it got nothing to do with football.

if really go dig even their local owner got alot of stuff to dig out.

i dun support newcastle or like the saudi boss. but as long as his money is clean ,, follow the law and rules. no 1 should stop him from buying the club.

• Praise 2

If u ask me, football shld be above politics.

Whatever Crown Prince of Saudi does, let the International Community handle. No need to put pressure on football authorities whose decision on fit n proper owners shld be above all these. If he is guilty of what he has been accused of, there are avenues to bring him to justice. The International Community can’t do it n instead put pressure on EPL to do the job for them. No meaning n sounds weak. 

• Praise 5

Newcastle's history is all about the No 9 centre forward

Malcolm Macdonald

Les Ferdinand

Alan Shearer

Andy Cole

So their first signing should be

Harry Kane

Come and get me

image.png.90fd0d344429f1e923f187e889c2c3d0.png

• Haha! 3

5 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Newcastle's history is all about the No 9 centre forward

Malcolm Macdonald

Les Ferdinand

Alan Shearer

Andy Cole

So their first signing should be

Harry Kane

Come and get me

image.png.90fd0d344429f1e923f187e889c2c3d0.png

i remember david ginola, Faustino Asprilla, this 2 very entertaining. and their famous 5-0 win over man u . was watching with kakis at friends house. shouting like no body business. 😂

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Spring said:

Whatever Crown Prince of Saudi does, let the International Community handle. No need to put pressure on football authorities whose decision on fit n proper owners shld be above all these. If he is guilty of what he has been accused of, there are avenues to bring him to justice. The International Community can’t do it n instead put pressure on EPL to do the job for them. No meaning n sounds weak. 

imo is impossible to separate politic away from football given the amount of money being pump into the premier league every season. Lower down the division probably we can still see pure social football being played weekly. As team move higher up the hierarchy it will get harder and harder to remain status quo. Modern Football is being view as a commercial entity. Throw in the culpable parties fifa and UEFA. How they stopped the forming of super league but at the same times put forward a new tournament. I remembered reading they are planning somehow to shorten the world cup from 4 to 2 years. Imagine the number of qualifying games involved. Throw in the European tournament, African cup, south Americans cups etc etc within a season you will understand all for one reason the huge financial capability the premier league can manufactured. Put into perspective the premier League contributed £7.6 billion to the UK economy and supported 94,000 jobs during a single season. How to expect the UK government to wash their hands clean and walk away? 

Copied from football365.

Quoted.......................................

Newcastle – Mohamed bin Salman (£320bn)

Here he is: the misogynist; the sectarian, homophobic denier of human rights – ol’ money bags bin Salman. Friend of Donald Trump, he’s known as the ‘architect of the war in Yemen’ and was heavily linked to the assassination of Washington Post columnist Jamal Khashoggi. This is a man who has backed concentration camps in China, where rape and torture are said to be commonplace and has reportedly created a group of assassins, called the ‘Tiger Squad’, to target Saudi critics inside and outside Saudi Arabia.

He calls for the beheading of human rights activists in his own country. He quite literally wants human heads to be removed from human bodies. Why? They ‘chanted slogans hostile to the regime’. His actions cause millions of people to lose their homes, their sense of self and their lives. He is as evil as he is rich.

Unquoted...................................

11 hours ago, Spring said:

FIFA ??????   :slow:

Another useless organisation ... :lll._.:

On 10/8/2021 at 3:57 PM, Thaiyotakamli said:

The financial fair play only allow max 200m

160m for Kane and 30m for Coutinho

and 10m to pay their salaries.

:D

image.png.ce04b85112d135d090a3e5e40d347718.png

image.png.a458d5fa6e7a483fd8ddf9af51d893df.png

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

FIFA ??????   :slow:

Another useless organisation ... :lll._.:

Actually what I meant by International Community is the Political World ie United Nations etc. 

Why drag EPL who is a sporting body into this? I get bro @Kopites point that with the huge amounts of $ n exposure which EPL attracts, it’s quite difficult not to mix sports n politics.

I hv also read they this maybe Saudi’s way of “sportswashing” as they attempt to distract the International Community from their misdemeanours n what better way then to get into football ownership with all the fans emotions backing them. So I suppose it’s true that u can’t really shield sports from politics but as an EPL fan, I hope it can be. 

The other 19 EPL clubs hv called for an EPL meeting to address this Saudi ownership issue n future ownerships “fit n proper” criteria. I wonder if they are genuinely concerned of this or they are more threatened by the financial power of these oil magnates?

• Praise 4

1 hour ago, Spring said:

Actually what I meant by International Community is the Political World ie United Nations etc. 

Why drag EPL who is a sporting body into this? I get bro @Kopites point that with the huge amounts of $ n exposure which EPL attracts, it’s quite difficult not to mix sports n politics.

I hv also read they this maybe Saudi’s way of “sportswashing” as they attempt to distract the International Community from their misdemeanours n what better way then to get into football ownership with all the fans emotions backing them. So I suppose it’s true that u can’t really shield sports from politics but as an EPL fan, I hope it can be. 

The other 19 EPL clubs hv called for an EPL meeting to address this Saudi ownership issue n future ownerships “fit n proper” criteria. I wonder if they are genuinely concerned of this or they are more threatened by the financial power of these oil magnates?

Sportwashing the first time I read this term in recent week. I was wondering how does it work. Gradually i gotten a grip how it come about. 

Buy now with cash - wash clean - sell later. 😁 

• Haha! 1

On 10/8/2021 at 3:57 PM, Thaiyotakamli said:

The financial fair play only allow max 200m

Simple for them.

1. Breach ffp. Ban for 2 yrs europe only mah. Miss europe nvm one as they also no go europe b4.

2. Spend 1b. 100m sign messi and ronaldo combined. Pay 1m a week.

3. Spend foc on mbabbe. Contract expire. Pay 2m a week. Entice again.

3. Spend 75m sign haaland. Breach their buyout. Spend 20m to shut riona mouth and pay 2m a week again.

4. Spend some on keppa since he 2nd choice leow.

5. Sign boateng foc. Think he free agent. Again. Pay 500k a wk. He consperm come.

6. Sign kante. His final paycheck. 500m a wk also.

7. Sign some more defenders. Just pay n pay.

8. Sack bruce. Get in guadiola. Or conte or any name can leow.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1