EPL - 2021 / 2022

Picnic06-Biante15

58 minutes ago, Beregond said:

this is only nuno first season at spurs. i like his wolves last time. alway  overachieve despite min spending. very hard to beat. 

ole take over man u how long already , no reason to say he still cannot push his ideals to the players. and dun forgot how much money spend during his term. 

man u goal this season is to challenge and win everything. that is the level they are at when sir alex left. ole wont last if he cannot do this.  at least he must be in the fighting for EPL and UCL till the end. 

Yeah, but my last statement still stays. I will like to have OLS managing Man United for as long as possible.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

23 hours ago, Atrecord said:

aiyah that's not what i meant. I hope ole wins - or at least draws - the first EPL match that Utd is playing in Nov. The same goes for the last EPL match that Utd is playing in Nov. I really really hope Utd will either win or draw these 2 matches... 😊

Even a draw will also have the same reaction in the tough upcoming Spurs, ManC, Chelsea EPL or UCL matches. With the team losing faith in Ole and his coaches plus the internal revolt (with Pogba openly saying tactics having to change as the main stirrer as in JM's case, and Ronaldo / Varane pining for Zidane), losing the fan base and merch sales, it should be an easy business decision for the Glazers. The rot has to stop now.

• Praise 2

15 minutes ago, Locknload said:

Even a draw will also have the same reaction in the tough upcoming Spurs, ManC, Chelsea EPL or UCL matches. With the team losing faith in Ole and his coaches plus the internal revolt (with Pogba openly saying tactics having to change as the main stirrer as in JM's case, and Ronaldo / Varane pining for Zidane), losing the fan base and merch sales, it should be an easy business decision for the Glazers. The rot has to stop now.

ok, then i will root for them to win the matches against City and Chelsea - the first and the last EPL matches in Nov.

Zidane i feel is unproven as a coach. I would like to see how he manages a team that isn't full of good players, then see how the team does. Should not always think of joining clubs that are super rich and can buy players at any price...

• Praise 3

11 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

ok, then i will root for them to win the matches against City and Chelsea - the first and the last EPL matches in Nov.

Zidane i feel is unproven as a coach. I would like to see how he manages a team that isn't full of good players, then see how the team does. Should not always think of joining clubs that are super rich and can buy players at any price...

Its unfair to say man u team is not full of good players  loh😅

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Look likes Ole staying on at ManU.... :slow:

He is club legend and his last kick led to historic treble

However, lose the next 2 or 4 matches, then will be untenable

At this rate, will struggle to clinch the 4th CL space and also will face the inevitable  

• Praise 5

7 minutes ago, Newbie26 said:

He is club legend and his last kick led to historic treble

However, lose the next 2 or 4 matches, then will be untenable

At this rate, will struggle to clinch the 4th CL space and also will face the inevitable  

Chelsea tell lampard.bye bye and never look back😇

• Praise 2

11 minutes ago, Beregond said:

Chelsea tell lampard.bye bye and never look back😇

Yes, that was purely business and no sentiments and emotions involved

Master stroke in the end 

• Praise 5

7 hours ago, Beregond said:

Its unfair to say man u team is not full of good players  loh😅

alamak... i better brush up my inklish...

Let me try to clarify what i intended:

Zidane i feel is unproven as a coach. I would like to see how he manages a team that isn't full of good players, then see how the team does.

Should not always think of joining only clubs (like Utd) that are super rich and can buy players at any price...

the 2 sentences should not be read together. There are already views that Pep can do well only at clubs that are successful and rich. We don't need Zidane to follow in Pep's footsteps. If he can do a Raneiri, then i will be the first to salute him as a great coach.

must stress that the sentences were not meant to insinuate that Utd team no good players. In fact, almost everyone is likely to command upwards of 30 mil at least bah...

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Carabao Cup last 8:

Chelsea, Pool, Spurs, Arsenal, Leicester, Brentford, West Ham and Sunderland. Qtr Final draw to be made on Saturday.

City who were the winners of the last 4 consecutive Finals finally got k/o on penalties 3-5 after a goalless draw against Hammers. Foden the culprit as he missed the very first penalty. A very strong last 8 though the 2 Mancs are out and with Sunderland being the only non EPL team left in the competition.

Carabao Cup has always been derided by the top clubs and even some of the other EPL teams but it’s counted as a major trophy nevertheless. In fact by virtue of needing to get thru at least 5 rounds (6 games), it’s a proper competition unlike UEFA Super Cup or even FIFA World Club Cup. These 2 competitions undoubtedly holds more prestige but playing 1 or 2 games n then getting your hands on a trophy doesn’t count as a major trophy in my books but supporters of these 2 competitions will point that u need to win the major continental club competitions to qualify in the first place so they count it as a major trophy.

• Praise 4

1 hour ago, Beregond said:

seriously dun know who want to take over them now.

The 2 favourites for the Barca job are Xavi n Roberto Martinez. It’s a poison chalice job if u ask me. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

2 minutes ago, Spring said:

The 2 favourites for the Barca job are Xavi n Roberto Martinez. It’s a poison chalice job if u ask me. 

i dun think this 2 guy will quit their current  job and come to barc this moment.

esp xavi , he is doing super well at his current club , he wont risk quitting and come barc and spoil his reputation . barc cannot sign any more player this year,

aguero is inj , and unhappy and reporting to be plotting  a move away , because he  is promise that he will get to play with messi before he sign for barc. alot of similar unrest in the dressing room. 

i dun think they can afford any real signing next season also. unless some crazy rich owner suddenly take over. 

• Praise 2

40 minutes ago, Beregond said:

i dun think this 2 guy will quit their current  job and come to barc this moment.

esp xavi , he is doing super well at his current club , he wont risk quitting and come barc and spoil his reputation . barc cannot sign any more player this year,

aguero is inj , and unhappy and reporting to be plotting  a move away , because he  is promise that he will get to play with messi before he sign for barc. alot of similar unrest in the dressing room. 

i dun think they can afford any real signing next season also. unless some crazy rich owner suddenly take over. 

Xavi I feel is abit under pressure to come n “save” Barca being the legend he is but he knows its an extremely difficult job n thus whilst on one hand there is obligation, on the other hand; there is also so much he can do for Barca being the position they are in. I bet he is conflicted.

Roberto Martinez has taken this golden generation Belgium side to be “almost there”. No.1 ranking without winning any major Championship though. Being a Spaniard, the Barca job is undoubtedly attractive even in the mess they are currently in. It may be a temptation for him to leave Belgium but on the other hand, he might get his last chance for a shot at silverware with Belgium as the WC is just a year away. Then again a job like Barca’s may not be around then. Again I feel he too will be conflicted.

Actually the best man for the job in my opinion is the current Spain boss Luis Enrique being a Catalan n former Barca player n Mgr there. He has done reasonably well with the National team by finishing runners up in the Nations League n s/finalist at Euros losing to eventual Champ Italy. But I doubt if Barca wants to employ him n he himself wants to go a step further with Spain I believe.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6