What's Your Come Home SOP during COVID?

therock

Supersonic
13 hours ago, therock said:

We live in strange times...

Now, instead of hugging my loved ones when I get home, I do my COVID return home SOP:

- Wash my hands at a tap 

- wipe down my pocket items with alcohol

- head to the toilet, strip down, take a shower (I use Dettol)

- change into new clothes

- take my clothes and wash them along with the stuff I've already placed in the basket

Then and only then do I interact with my family..

I also top up the masks in my car, or my backpack if I'm not taking the car out.

I also top up the alcohol wipes and sun my shoes/ watch / keys at the balcony. 

Then I 'reload' the clean clothes meant for tomorrow's use in the bathroom, as well as the come home shorts I'll wear..

Does anyone else do so?

In addition, for any incoming parcels, I have a tray I keep at the doorway / gate where I ask the delivery man to place the parcels. If it's food or now fresh fish and such, I will rinse / wipe them before I place them in the fridge.. 

image.png.02c24c2a900d2b790c120003473bc588.png

My routine is not too dissimilar. Now added an extra step....alcohol wipe down of hp

In fact, pre-covid oredi doing that. Been masking up on crowded MRT or taking cramped budget airline flight

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
7 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Put your stained clothing with perfume/cigg smell straight into the washer!.

In these desperate times, it's good to carry a can of Febreze in our pockets. :D

• Haha! 1

Now every step counts friends..

This virus is a tough one. Don't rely on vaccines and these lockdowns alone..

Because whilst it's hazardous to be as open as we did before, it's also not good for us to stay close.

But it means we meet all kinds of people and even if we stay home, we will go out some time.. and each time we do it, let's do our SOP... cheers

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
12 hours ago, Jamesc said:

I buy Mango for wifey, fish head for MIL and satay for the kids.

During Covid times it pays to stay safe.

:D

image.png.2d958869518aeaf3eb7975407324785e.png

image.png.a1e85de5d915894c7705640ed91c77ea.png

image.thumb.png.98be45f65d58e75256b670badfa6cb5d.png

You were lucky man. Saw one fish head stood erected for your MIL.:D

• Haha! 1

10 hours ago, therock said:

No bro, please take care.. I know that for some it seems to be a light illness, but for others long Covid takes a toll..

And we may pass it onto someone we care about, and that's the worrisome part.

Not easy la bro, if want to avoid the virus then we shouldnt be jogging or cycling or packing with full of ppl in mall and lift

last year i did the same like you but its tiring as moment u reach home have to sanitise the bag, clothing and went for shower. Last year mostly at home but nowadays went out 2-3 times a day, it will be a tiring process lol

• Praise 1

Practice makes perfect 😉

Our individual efforts will determine how the entire society performs.. and if we have young kids and elderly it's even more important.

Every weekend, I also do a wipe down of my car seats. I now use towels on my cars, and wash them regularly. 

• Praise 1

We've had restricted movements for more than 1yr and definitely, excluding sleep, I'm still home 70-80% of my time.

My son is at school and is out most, my wife second as she is also working but cannot WfH.

In the beginning, yes, sanitize, wash hands here, there and everywhere but instead of routine, it became a chore. Nobody likes chores, especially younger teenagers whereby we own one ourselves, so at any moment of the day we have a massive loophole. We have more masks than MoH and sanitizer enough to fill a bath tub, if we had one.

My wife likely (don't know) will still sanitize and wash up before heading more and then again when coming through the door, but even from a higher risk setting, she's also got bored with the long routines from CB. My boy got his second jab yesterday, so two weeks later our household is "fully vaccinated" officially. I would urge all households to target the same with all 12+yrs members.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Our fortress is only as strong as the weakest link.

I've had to warn my mum, MIL etc cos they sometimes forget to mask up when the delivery man comes.

Now they mask up and wipe down the boxes and wash their hands... 

Internal Moderator
15 hours ago, therock said:

We live in strange times...

Now, instead of hugging my loved ones when I get home, I do my COVID return home SOP:

- Wash my hands at a tap 

- wipe down my pocket items with alcohol

- head to the toilet, strip down, take a shower (I use Dettol)

- change into new clothes

- take my clothes and wash them along with the stuff I've already placed in the basket

Then and only then do I interact with my family..

I also top up the masks in my car, or my backpack if I'm not taking the car out.

I also top up the alcohol wipes and sun my shoes/ watch / keys at the balcony. 

Then I 'reload' the clean clothes meant for tomorrow's use in the bathroom, as well as the come home shorts I'll wear..

Does anyone else do so?

In addition, for any incoming parcels, I have a tray I keep at the doorway / gate where I ask the delivery man to place the parcels. If it's food or now fresh fish and such, I will rinse / wipe them before I place them in the fridge.. 

image.png.02c24c2a900d2b790c120003473bc588.png

I have a bottle of hand sanitiser outside my door. Everything I open my door, just press and wipe my hand before open door.

Other than that, nothing else.

• Praise 1

BTW

something about using gloves

i have a colleague who wears disposable gloves 

but she doesn’t change them and still ends up touching her face with those gloves on

so it’s better to wash hands frequently instead and water / soap 🧼 is milder than alcohol ..

R

4 minutes ago, Mustank said:

Memo come out liao

Please don’t demonise ktv cluster ah :grin:

That's what I said.

:D

• Haha! 1

37 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

Throw mask,  wash hand...  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

This is important 

i don’t put it somewhere a kid can touch and I will change it 

don’t need to ration out so much these days thanks to your Sheng Siong deal 👍