What's Your Come Home SOP during COVID?

therock

We live in strange times...

Now, instead of hugging my loved ones when I get home, I do my COVID return home SOP:

- Wash my hands at a tap 

- wipe down my pocket items with alcohol

- head to the toilet, strip down, take a shower (I use Dettol)

- change into new clothes

- take my clothes and wash them along with the stuff I've already placed in the basket

Then and only then do I interact with my family..

I also top up the masks in my car, or my backpack if I'm not taking the car out.

I also top up the alcohol wipes and sun my shoes/ watch / keys at the balcony. 

Then I 'reload' the clean clothes meant for tomorrow's use in the bathroom, as well as the come home shorts I'll wear..

Does anyone else do so?

In addition, for any incoming parcels, I have a tray I keep at the doorway / gate where I ask the delivery man to place the parcels. If it's food or now fresh fish and such, I will rinse / wipe them before I place them in the fridge.. 

image.png.02c24c2a900d2b790c120003473bc588.png

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 10
  • Haha! 1

I buy Mango for wifey, fish head for MIL and satay for the kids.

During Covid times it pays to stay safe.

:D

image.png.2d958869518aeaf3eb7975407324785e.png

image.png.a1e85de5d915894c7705640ed91c77ea.png

image.thumb.png.98be45f65d58e75256b670badfa6cb5d.png

• Sad 1
  • Haha! 13

Turbocharged
(edited)

I used to be more obsessive about going through the ritual of showering and changing to fresh clean clothes after coming home, in the days leading up to the CB. Especially if I have been to a crowded venue.

But nowadays heck care lah, at most just wash hands and face [laugh] and plonk on the sofa.

As asians we don't do much in the way of hugging or kissing family members upon return home. By the time we actually interact, enough time has passed and whatever covid stick to us from outside also died off already.

If you run off to shower and change clothes quickly upon returning home ..... nowadays the wifey will suspect you went to ktv or some other lup sup place and need to clean off the scent of some other woman [laugh]

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 7

(edited)

i will  take a shower from head to toe but did not wipe my belongings, it is time i should learn a couple of precautions and preparation work from you. Thanks for sharing. 

Edited by Ct3833

2 hours ago, therock said:

Now, instead of hugging my loved ones when I get home, I do my COVID return home SOP:

- Wash my hands at a tap 

- take my clothes and wash them along with the stuff I've already placed in the basket

I also top up the masks in my car, or my backpack if I'm not taking the car out.

Then I 'reload' the clean clothes meant for tomorrow's use in the bathroom, as well as the come home shorts I'll wear..

Does anyone else do so?

In addition, for any incoming parcels, I have a tray I keep at the doorway / gate where I ask the delivery man to place the parcels. If it's food or now fresh fish and such, I will rinse / wipe them before I place them in the fridge.. 

To me and family, it is life as usual.  Still here leh ..... And also 1 small mountain of FREE unused sanitizers and masks ..... 

I wouldn't just rely on wipes, that the problem..

It really dries the hands and also hurts of the materials..

A good wash is a lot better. 

25 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

As usual, if kena mean kena lol. Just wash hand will do lol

No bro, please take care.. I know that for some it seems to be a light illness, but for others long Covid takes a toll..

And we may pass it onto someone we care about, and that's the worrisome part.

(edited)

Don full ppe whenever wanna go bistro sing song 

After doffing must fully disinfect both ourselves and vehicles before driving home 

leave the shoes outside house

ps. Safe distancing must be observed with the butterflies 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Inlinefour
  • Haha! 2

Supersonic

First thing enter house, wash hands and then wipe my belongings with a cloth washed with dettol.

Oh, I can't edit the post, but I do wipe my foot wear and right now, I just wear my SAF Adidas and an old pair of NB.. once things get better, I'll bid them farewell..

I also bought a few cans of anti virus / bacteria air con cleaner sprays...

Don't forget to wipe your door handles too...

Remember the frequently used surfaces are the ones which can be at risk, especially after a visit to a fish market...  

• Praise 1

Nothing in particular changes though.

Same ritual as to wash my feet, head over to the shower, dress down then a peck (wifey) and a hug (son) before heading over to the dinner table.

Initially I used to do all the stuff mentioned, even gargle mouth  …….. last couple of months ( maybe because I have taken both jabs) …….. damn “lecheh lah “ now never bother to do anything 

• Haha! 2

(edited)

Heng whole family vacine Liao 

Spoiler

💪 This one is full credit to the PAP Govt 💪

So I go everywhere :XD:

Edited by Mustank
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
12 hours ago, therock said:

- Wash my hands at a tap 

Does anyone else do so?

1. Take off mask and dispose it.

2. Dig out all ktv lounge receipts  from wallet and pockets and dispose them.

3. Dig out all mango stall and stay stall receipts from wallet and pockets and dispose them.

4. Hand over remaining money to wifey.

Wish all MCF members and families safe and healthy, and free of virus infections.😗😗😗😃

• Haha! 4

(edited)

How long can you sustain such a "routine"? After a while you would not want to go out anymore. LoL...

To me if majority of the population do not get vaccinated doing this will be tiring. Now is the time to get all the stubborn ppl to get vaccinated and quickly so that all of us, you and me , can move on.

Some of the elderly are also kiasi. Scare of long term side effects. So they are putting everything on hold and not go vaccinated. Wtf. 

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

47 minutes ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

1. Take off mask and dispose it.

2. Dig out all ktv lounge receipts  from wallet and pockets and dispose them.

3. Dig out all mango stall and stay stall receipts from wallet and pockets and dispose them.

4. Hand over remaining money to wifey.

Wish all MCF members and families safe and healthy, and free of virus infections.😗😗😗😃

Put your stained clothing with perfume/cigg smell straight into the washer!.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2