Slashing incident at River Valley High School, victim killed

Yamapi

ATAS school some more?

Now ITE no more gangsters and work Hard. 
become u this little Lao gao create problem ! Even worse at COVID period,

throw all Singaporean face.

↡ Advertisement
  • Dislike 1

(edited)

SINGAPORE —  A 16-year-old Secondary 4 student of River Valley High School was charged on Tuesday (July 20) with murdering a 13-year-old boy, who was a Sec 1 student. 

Court documents said that the boy was allegedly killed between 11.16am and 11.45am at a level four toilet in the school.  

While it was not stated how the boy died, the police said on Monday that they had seized an axe as a case exhibit.

The 16-year-old, who is represented by Mr Peter Keith Fernando of the Leo Fernando Advocates & Solicitors law firm, will be remanded for psychiatric assessment and will return to court on Aug 10.

He attended the court hearing on Tuesday via a video link from remand. He was emotionless during the proceedings, and appeared tired and dishevelled. 

His parents were not present during the hearing.

A police prosecutor said that preliminary investigations showed that the 16-year-old was previously a patient at the Institute of Mental Health (IMH).

The police had attended to a case of attempted suicide by the boy in 2019. 

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/river-valley-high-school-death-sec-4-student-charged-murder-be-remanded-psychiatric?fbclid=IwAR36xNYpJOSFtEDXhAl5nRIpwDb9hGxAfMIJaUhnDqgWGtJGq79r7HjPzoE

Edited by Raubern
  • Praise 1
  • Sad 3

[Tragedy in school]

One of the worst things that can happen to parents is to hear, from school, that their child has been killed.

It's completely shocking because safety is assumed and normally (in Singapore anyway) assured.

The attacker is also a young boy, (16), he has been charged today.

As AGC told the court, there is some history of mental health issues.

There are questions being asked about how the boy got an axe. Preliminary investigations suggests that he purchased it online.

But we will know the full facts only after investigations are completed.

We all grieve with the parents of the boy who was killed. It’s difficult to even describe the true extent of their grief.

https://www.facebook.com/k.shanmugam.page/posts/4249768258403005

• Sad 3

3 hours ago, awhtc said:

We live in a strange world in which more people in Singapore kill each other and cats for fun.

Man, 20, charged with murder of jogger

PUBLISHED MAY 18, 2020,

Preliminary probe reveals he was not known to victim and is believed to have acted alone

A 20-year-old Singaporean man was charged yesterday with the murder of a jogger in Punggol Field.

Appearing in court via videoconferencing, Singaporean Surajsrikan Diwakar Mani Tripathi was accused of stabbing a 38-year-old man near a bus stop in Punggol Field on May 10 at 11.08pm.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/man-20-charged-with-murder-of-jogger

A few decades ago incidents were trigger by "staring" incidents..... recent incidents are seeing no trigger. 

It is a sad case - our kids are too stressed out in schools. There are also cases of teenager suicides from top schools too.

Hope this case will prompt some changes to the school system to reduce the stress on our kids. 

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Adrianli said:

Why the boy must wash the blood off at a water cooler and not in the toilet itself since he is already inside the toilet?

TBH, it's hard to look into a killer's mind... and ask why..

• Praise 1

48 minutes ago, GoodCar said:

@Fitvip 

Not all students are strawberries.

But sometime I fear it is those parents that KBKP and end up create more strawberry.

I didn't mention 🍓 leh!?

1 hour ago, Adrianli said:

Why the boy must wash the blood off at a water cooler and not in the toilet itself since he is already inside the toilet?

Because the cooler is meant for other students to drink.... 

Washing in toilet, no one can see. 

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

During my Sec time, my school was famous as a pai kia school in the neighbourhood. 

The most is they will jio each other to the far end corner of the field for a fight. When this is exposed, they will be canned on stage by discipline master.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

43 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

It is a sad case - our kids are too stressed out in schools. There are also cases of teenager suicides from top schools too.

Hope this case will prompt some changes to the school system to reduce the stress on our kids. 

The pressure of our school system can not be denied. However, the external environment and influence could be a strong factor too. He could have been influenced by some unhealthy internet websites which promote violence. Like what my friend commented he could have watched too much tv and online stuffs.

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

Es

53 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Extremely stressed, high scores but not much impact globally as lacking in many aspects. 

As a parent, i see the only thing our system is good at is enriching private tutors, whether the child is from good or average schools. To me, its a failed system. 

• Praise 5
  • Sad 2

10 minutes ago, Tohto said:

When this is exposed, they will be canned on stage by discipline master.

This is terrible. But if I had to go through this, I would definitely choose becoming baked beans over sardines since I'm vegetarian. 😁

• Haha! 7

Attempted suicide plus random vicious murder at a young age.  It will be difficult for society to trust such a person roaming freely as one never knows when he will snap again.  I wonder what will be the judgement.

• Sad 1

The current trend of violent and bloody online or boxed game attributed to the unfortunate incident??

I guess only the perp knows.... Haiz

↡ Advertisement
  • Sad 1