Slashing incident at River Valley High School, victim killed

Yamapi

19 minutes ago, mikk123 said:

yah...the next question is, Does IMH have a follow up programme with him? 

I suppose there are follow-up programmes.

↡ Advertisement

1 hour ago, mikk123 said:

that is why....the school system is a failure. The students done well entire attribute to tuition system. Our MOE everyday pat themselves on their shoulder and think they are the best.... 

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/parenting-education/12-schools-go-to-ballot-in-third-phase-of-primary-1-registration

Stress start from primary school.

• Praise 1

14 hours ago, Rayleigh said:

@Playtime 

When every child regardless of one is from Ah Seng Secondary or from Raffles Family Affiliate Clan School requires tuition, it is obvious that  the system is broken. 
It is just so freaking unhealthy that every family has to waste/spend money on tuition. 

And in the end... only to be told they are simply not good enough and will be replaced by various FT... simply bonkers system except for iron bowled scholars. 

• Praise 2

Internal Moderator

16444625_0.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Many people tend to forget what real happiness really is. They will go after materialistic stuff like houses, watches, cars and stuff. Real happiness comes from yourself. Only you can make yourself happy if you want to.

Nowadays kids might have been influenced by us chasing results in this meritocracy world. So take a step back, have a breather. Live like a real human. Experience things that you never experience and stay humble. I believe this is how a human should live.

• Praise 7

Im not expert in this... but i prefer the good old days, when a murderer just deserves the sentence.

Now, void of any judiciary judgement made, void of any concrete information,
people are reading between the lines to find a semblance of a reason to try and understand why a murderer is a murderer.

there are crazy people around regardless of age .. do the crime .. serve the time ... court decides u deserve to hang.. ok lor .. good riddance. 

• Praise 7

1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

Many people tend to forget what real happiness really is. They will go after materialistic stuff like houses, watches, cars and stuff. Real happiness comes from yourself. Only you can make yourself happy if you want to.

You are right. I have a house, some nice watches, cars and many boliao stuff, but I feel happiest when I'm skiing down the Niseko slope with my family next to me.

I don't want to second guess what happened with the older RV boy because I'm sure his issue is not an overnight thing. I feel sorry for his family and also for him to an extent he has taken this course. I'm more sorry for the younger RV boy and his family...

I'm not sure if the older RV boy even has a choice to be happy or not to be. We can choose because we can but we can't make that assessment for him (until more info is released). Not trying to defend his horrific action btw. 

• Praise 3

2 hours ago, SuPerBoRed said:

Im not expert in this... but i prefer the good old days, when a murderer just deserves the sentence.

Now, void of any judiciary judgement made, void of any concrete information,
people are reading between the lines to find a semblance of a reason to try and understand why a murderer is a murderer.

there are crazy people around regardless of age .. do the crime .. serve the time ... court decides u deserve to hang.. ok lor .. good riddance. 

Grey la... mental faculty competency matters. 

Good example is people with dementia.. do we screw them up for not being as good as others? Their hard disk,  CPU, ram rom all gone ... how to apply same standards. 

Mental illness matters.. else we are just going for knee jerk revenge. 

The aim should be to catch people faking it  and help people suffering from it.

• Praise 3

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, Weez911 said:

You are right. I have a house, some nice watches, cars and many boliao stuff, but I feel happiest when I'm skiing down the Niseko slope with my family next to me.

I don't want to second guess what happened with the older RV boy because I'm sure his issue is not an overnight thing. I feel sorry for his family and also for him to an extent he has taken this course. I'm more sorry for the younger RV boy and his family...

I'm not sure if the older RV boy even has a choice to be happy or not to be. We can choose because we can but we can't make that assessment for him (until more info is released). Not trying to defend his horrific action btw. 

I totally agree with what you said. We can never know what the older RV boy is thinking. So our assessment is base on our own thoughts. Which is very different from his. We shouldn't do that also. And yes, I also not trying to defend him. What he did is wrong. Absolutely. But what has been done, cannot be undone anymore. We should be more tactful with our discussion here. We dunno who will read this, what if the parents of the older RV boys is inside here and read all the nasty comments? They are innocent. They don't deserve to be judged in any way.

I hope I will get a chance to ski at Niseko too. 🙃 For now, maybe I will just enjoy a luge ride at sentosa baz.

• Praise 5

11 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

I hope I will get a chance to ski at Niseko too. 🙃 For now, maybe I will just enjoy a luge ride at sentosa baz.

See you there when/if borders reopen. Maybe by then my old knees would give up skiing already.... 

• Haha! 1

Received letter from son school,  assuring parents that school is safe.  

Also encourage not to speculate the  RV incident in support to the school and the parties involved. 

My son friends are also complaining of photographers taking photos no end. 

@kobayashiGT, @RadX

Mayb good to lock this until more details are out? 

Let's give them some space. 

• Praise 6

Ok

lets give the peace 

im doing this cos I jus rcvd news of another jumper on top of one yesterday!🙏🏾

think sth is seriously wrong

peace all.

• Praise 5

On 7/22/2021 at 9:14 AM, Kopites said:

It is not enough pri 1 places to fill all the children or not enough good primary schools for these children? After so many years, MOE still cannot find a way to solve the later problem. Need more scholars. 

• Sad 1

18-year-old admits to killing River Valley High schoolmate with axe

He formed a plan to attack people at his school as he believed this would result in his own death as the police intervened. He wrote two poems and conducted multiple internet searches related to the plan.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/river-valley-high-school-18-year-old-admits-kill-student-axe-3956091

was his mental condition made known to the school or MOE earlier ?

"A few minutes later, he was approached by a female teacher and dropped the axe as he was told. She kicked the weapon away from him."

'Cher very brave!

• Praise 5