Slashing incident at River Valley High School, victim killed

Yamapi

On 12/1/2023 at 3:52 PM, Benarsenal said:

Good behavior at most served 10+ yrs
Sentence back dated to 2021, so should be out by 2032
Still have chance to continue his life

Compared to the boy he killed
Really wrong place, wrong time...just went to the toilet and got killed

I find this more F'd up than Boy Z who was implicated in the Anthony Ler wife murder

• Sad 2

I am angry about this.

He could have ended his life jumping off a building and involving no one else other than the police and Ang Chin Moh or RadX or any of his colleagues,

but he chose to kill a boy who was at the wrong place at the wrong time,

who never had any grouse with him or even knew he existed.

He was a coward, he didn’t dare take his own life, but he was man enough to take the life of another, and wait for others to come and claim his.

There’s a special place reserved for this one.

• Praise 8

On 12/1/2023 at 5:54 PM, Macrosszero said:

I am angry about this.

He could have ended his life jumping off a building and involving no one else other than the police and Ang Chin Moh or RadX or any of his colleagues,

He was a coward, he didn’t dare take his own life, but he was man enough to take the life of another, and wait for others to come and claim his.

Question is how can parents make sure internet usage can be filtered out on gore and violence?

It's very difficult to monitor kids access on social media and even more difficult on teens intent of such searches. Some youtube and Tik tok videos are really not good for kids. 

If have firewall like China then probably SG will be called lack of human rights too.

• Praise 1

On 12/1/2023 at 7:21 PM, Atonchia said:

Question is how can parents make sure internet usage can be filtered out on gore and violence?

It's very difficult to monitor kids access on social media and even more difficult on teens intent of such searches. Some youtube and Tik tok videos are really not good for kids. 

If have firewall like China then probably SG will be called lack of human rights too.

Last time our generation watch "faces of death" also like no big deal. It's not the videos, it's the emo

• Praise 1

On 12/1/2023 at 7:24 PM, Sosaria said:

Last time our generation watch "faces of death" also like no big deal. It's not the videos, it's the emo

True.... 

Err.... Last time watched more other kinda of tapes then progressed to VCD, DVD....😅

But now the accessibility of undesirable videos and graphics is way easier than 30+years ago.

On 12/1/2023 at 7:32 PM, Atonchia said:

True.... 

Err.... Last time watched more other kinda of tapes then progressed to VCD, DVD....😅

But now the accessibility of undesirable videos and graphics is way easier than 30+years ago.

Educational videos also easy to find

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

On 12/1/2023 at 5:10 PM, Mits_jc said:

Good behavior at most served 10+ yrs
Sentence back dated to 2021, so should be out by 2032
Still have chance to continue his life

Compared to the boy he killed
Really wrong place, wrong time...just went to the toilet and got killed

I find this more F'd up than Boy Z who was implicated in the Anthony Ler wife murder

even if he be out at 30 yrs old, he will have a difficult time in singapore, unless he migrate overseas and change his name.

• Praise 1

On 12/1/2023 at 8:29 PM, Jman888 said:

even if he be out at 30 yrs old, he will have a difficult time in singapore, unless he migrate overseas and change his name.

Not so easy with a criminal record. Only hope he won't get unstable again and claim another victim after release. 

• Praise 1

On 12/1/2023 at 5:54 PM, Macrosszero said:

I am angry about this.

+1.

not right to cause a fatal event and then later say it was due to stress, depression, medication, mental condition etc.

its just not right.

victim is also a life and has a family too. 

Edited by Blueray
  • Praise 1

16years jail, I wonder what goes thru his mind upon hearing the sentencing.

The failure of suicide (thinking police will put him down to stop him) and only to find out have to serve 16years of imprisonment. As if not depressing enough, have to go thru another round of agony.

Poor 13yo Ethan Hun has to die for nothing. RIP

Ethan Hunt is the character from Mission Impossible right? No wonder sounds so familiar. If only he is like the movie character, whatever thrown at him also cant die.

I think it's a lot more complex than that.

Depression is a very evil demon. It can affect people very greatly, and sometimes you really lose control of your senses.

For me the bigger question is how did it get to that stage. When the boy had suicidal intentions previously, did anyone know? Suicide is actually not an easy thing to accomplish.

Of course, very tragic that a random and innocent life has been lost. But I hope the boy gets the right treatment and help in prison.

• Praise 5