Most deceptive traffic equipment on our roads?

Karoon

My vote for the most misleading and useless equipment are those orange men at work signs (if there is one put up in the first place). Problems with them :-

1. Put so close to the work site that when encounter the sign meant to warn, already at the site, and it is too late to filter

2.The sign is not taken down at night or on days even when there is no work

3.Sign shows wrong  lane is closed

And lastly but the most unproductive is there is a foreign worker deployed to wave a dirty, barely visible red flag or baton to warn motorists of the closed lane. He endangers himself and drivers by not being clearly visible 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged
14 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Sama sama - the image is just too small. Only useful for small roads at night. But sometime I scare myself thinking my own headlights are from another approaching car! 

Same. But it is useful for MSCPs. There is one I frequent where even if I turn my head, I can't see the merging traffic. Adding to that is that the MSCP is too dark. So the mirror helps a bit.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Lim Chu Kang road speed camera.
Last weekend, I inadvertently zoomed past this device while overtaking some heavy vehicles.
Have been in constant anxiety since. ://
Is this device working or is it a dummy placed there just for scare?
image.png.6e279182742876139d2fb29e1c5ff2ba.png

Turbocharged
2 minutes ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

Last weekend, I inadvertently zoomed past this device while overtaking some heavy vehicles.

Sorry mate this one's real. Did you observe a flash? It may have allowance of +10kmh to prevent tdf cyclists on this road from activating it. :D

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
2 minutes ago, Karoon said:

Sorry mate this one's real. Did you observe a flash? It may have allowance of +10kmh to prevent tdf cyclists on this road from activating it. :D

I've reviewed my rear dashcam footage several times but don't see a flash. The camera would flash even during day time? And even if it flashes, it would only be one time and not twice right?

My speed then was I think around 90kph, definitely more than 80kph.

It has been several years since I drove on this road after I ord from reservist.

And on that eventful day I was overtaking some goods and heavy vehicles driving on the 2nd lane and only after I cleared them and peeked into the rear view mirror than I was taken aback when I caught a glimpse of that camera. :/

Supersonic
16 minutes ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

The speed limit there is 50km/h or 60km/h?

Turbocharged
3 minutes ago, Xers007 said:

@DOBIEMKZ you will need to go back and test it proper... maybe try 100KM/H this time...

Should I inform the police beforehand that I will be conducting a device functionality test of its speed camera ??:D:D

Just now, DOBIEMKZ said:

What a waste right?

The stretch can easily accommodate 80kph or 90kph.

Regardless of speed limit, there should not be any enforcement on this stretch of road.

Speedster are welcome here 

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
31 minutes ago, Karoon said:

I try if I can post the video footage here or post a link to the video....

Help re-confirm if there is no flash. Thanks a lot. :)

Turbocharged
38 minutes ago, Karoon said:

Here's the video footage.

The camera is around the timeline of 42s to 45s.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QJI9GTa5tuF24e-OGY_IA3EEYVNsNjik/view?usp=sharing

Did you all see any flash emitted from the speed cam?

Supersonic
6 minutes ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

I try if I can post the video footage here or post a link to the video....

Help re-confirm if there is no flash. Thanks a lot. 🙂

Worry also no use liao since it already committed and over.  Just see if they would send you any 'love' letter soon.

• Praise 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
4 minutes ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

Here's the video footage.

The camera is around the timeline of 42s to 45s.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QJI9GTa5tuF24e-OGY_IA3EEYVNsNjik/view?usp=sharing

Did you all see any flash emitted from the speed cam?

Looks like the speed camera device is quite a distance after you have overtake those heavy vehicles le? Should have see the camera ahead of you de?! [:p]

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
Just now, 13177 said:

Looks like the speed camera device is quite a distance after you have overtake those heavy vehicles le? Should have see the camera ahead of you de?! [:p]

Might be I was complacent then and overlooked. :TT_TT:

So did you see any flash from the speed cam? ://

Supersonic
13 minutes ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

Might be I was complacent then and overlooked. :TT_TT:

So did you see any flash from the speed cam? ://

Speed a bit too fast to confirm if there is any flash le. Although it seems like no flash. Lol.

• Haha! 1

Hmm... Seems slighter brighter (43-44sec) then dark again. Could be angle of camera cos flashes quite bright and obvious. Oso iirc at least 2-3 flashes. 

Personally, won't lose sleep over it. 

Drive safe and sometimes if cars around you not speeding up too much, especially on such roads, be alert. They may already be aware of a speed camera ahead hence let u be hero 🤭😅

Stay safe 

Cheers 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1