Most deceptive traffic equipment on our roads?

Karoon

Turbocharged
10 hours ago, Karoon said:

Yup. Was overtaking so maybe my number plate nicely blocked by the overtaken bus

Then that bus might be mistaken as the culprit speeding vehicle! 😅

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged
27 minutes ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

Then that bus might be mistaken as the culprit speeding vehicle! 😅

Probably because the tech is based on shooting laser and calculate the bounce. So if you are blocked, TP will have dilemma who is offender? LCK is even more difficult because cam is on left side of road, furthest from fast lane. So you have to speed on deserted road to be caught,which is the point as its meant to deter midnight racers.

Turbocharged
(edited)
1 hour ago, Karoon said:

Probably because the tech is based on shooting laser and calculate the bounce. So if you are blocked, TP will have dilemma who is offender? LCK is even more difficult because cam is on left side of road, furthest from fast lane. So you have to speed on deserted road to be caught,which is the point as its meant to deter midnight racers.

I think the speed camera along LCK Rd has to be positioned/planted on the left roadside because it is not feasible to position it in the centre partition as there is no raised kerb.[rolleyes]

Edited by DOBIEMKZ

@DOBIEMKZ No flash, you should be safe. A taxi-driver told me that some speed cameras flashes even if the speed limit has not been exceeded. I think the intent is just to serve as a warning not to speed. So once when I was nearing the AYE speed camera, I slowed down to below 80km/hr and the camera flashed me but I was not worried since I am well below the speed limit. So don't be too worried, if it comes, it comes, no point worrying.

• Praise 1

(edited)
13 hours ago, andrewyewkc said:

@DOBIEMKZ No flash, you should be safe. A taxi-driver told me that some speed cameras flashes even if the speed limit has not been exceeded. I think the intent is just to serve as a warning not to speed. So once when I was nearing the AYE speed camera, I slowed down to below 80km/hr and the camera flashed me but I was not worried since I am well below the speed limit. So don't be too worried, if it comes, it comes, no point worrying.

I think sometimes the opposite happens.

The speed camera at SLE seems to flash at random even though no one is speeding.

Edited by Philipkee
  • Haha! 2

On 7/21/2021 at 3:13 PM, DOBIEMKZ said:

What a waste right?

The stretch can easily accommodate 80kph or 90kph.

Too fast... the road surface will also wear faster.... 😅

If road surface no good... Airplane how to take off🛫 and land🛬

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Atonchia said:

Too fast... the road surface will also wear faster.... 😅

If road surface no good... Airplane how to take off🛫 and land🛬

Use better sport rims and tyres?🙄

There are some tyres designed for pilot use.

Edited by DOBIEMKZ
  • Haha! 1

On 7/21/2021 at 3:28 PM, DOBIEMKZ said:

Here's the video footage.

The camera is around the timeline of 42s to 45s.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QJI9GTa5tuF24e-OGY_IA3EEYVNsNjik/view?usp=sharing

Did you all see any flash emitted from the speed cam?

If see 2 flashes then sure get. This type of cam has a limited coverage and range. Safe to say after 2 to 3 lamppost away can throttle your way out.... 

Only handheld ones or tripod mounted ones are scary range, Uses doppler radar and.... Yes, these no flashes... 

• Shocked 1

On 7/22/2021 at 5:56 PM, andrewyewkc said:

Oh , nowadays the speed cam is able to detect size. So sometimes vielfire gets snap at 90kmh because the cam thinks its a panel van.

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

Supersonic
16 hours ago, Philipkee said:

I think sometimes the opposite happens.

The speed camera at SLE seems to flash at random even though no one is speeding.

Think the speed camera spoilt liao, must inform TP to come fix it?! Lol. But if happen during 7th month, then spooky liao.

6 hours ago, 13177 said:

Think the speed camera spoilt liao, must inform TP to come fix it?! Lol. But if happen during 7th month, then spooky liao.

Not sure if its deliberate cos now people drive very carefully along that stretch of road

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1