2021 BMW 116i

bpphua

1 hour ago, P0711142 said:

@bpphua mine is currently 13km/l. Definitely a fun car to drive. Dont trust the price online. It is definitely “negotiable” 🤣

@P0711142 so above 500km on a full 42litre tank?

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged
51 minutes ago, bpphua said:

@P0711142 so above 500km on a full 42litre tank?

Decent leow.

The outlay of the ride makes petrol cost a bit negliable leow.

Neutral Newbie

@bpphua the display shows 700km++ for full tank. Not sure if this stats shows the default fc of 18km/I as indicated in the spec sheet. So far i am 4000km on mileage and avg of 13.4km/I. The fc seems to get better recently. Not sure why as well. It started off with ard 12km/I. I am on comfort mode all the way. 

On 7/20/2021 at 9:14 PM, bpphua said:

Hi,

I am considering getting a brand new BMW 116i. Few things to consider before confirming the order:

Fuel Consumption - what's the advice on a realistic mileage on a full tank?

Any other comments (pro and con) for this car?

Are you seriously considering paying $155k for a 107hp car? Pls go see Audi A3SB.... 

• Praise 1

(edited)
32 minutes ago, Kar_lover said:

Are you seriously considering paying $155k for a 107hp car? Pls go see Audi A3SB.... 

Agree, the 116i 1.5l engine need to be tuned by outside tuners to bring out its most potential. With 1litre turbo engine pushing out 110-120~ hp today, you'll be paying extra 500cc road tax at stock conditions. 

Edited by Ceecookie
  • Praise 1

25 minutes ago, Ceecookie said:

Agree, the 116i 1.5l engine need to be tuned by outside tuners to bring out its most potential. With 1litre turbo engine pushing out 110-120~ hp today, you'll be paying extra 500cc road tax at stock conditions. 

Ya but this will void the warranty...

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
1 hour ago, Ceecookie said:

mine is at about 1600km, getting on average 16,5km/l, as shown on the car info display.

where to get good reliable tuners? please share

Twincharged
14 hours ago, Walterkoh said:

mine is at about 1600km, getting on average 16,5km/l, as shown on the car info display.

If i not wrong B38 Engine...Bootmod 3 don't have the Tune for it.

On 7/22/2021 at 5:05 PM, Walterkoh said:

Just got my hands on a 118i recently. My single trip from home to work (25km) is about 15.4km/l (comfort) to 16km/l (Eco). The Eco mode drive still feels good as long as u are not "rushing". 

On 7/22/2021 at 3:37 PM, Ceecookie said:

On 7/22/2021 at 5:05 PM, Walterkoh said:

That 3 cylinder doesn't take too well to tuning . 

@Walterkoh  @shrjun

Think I missed your question last year. Personally I know of EuroSports Tuning and ATP Tuning.

The former is able to tune the 116i to 175hp and 285nm. 

image.thumb.png.e3f48b7f7e5037526c103b2286376615.png

yes this will void warranty, so do at your own risk or after warranty ended.

Edited by Ceecookie

Does anybody else face the issue of an inaccurate fuel guage?

Mine will stay at 100% for like a few days and when I top up at half tank I always end up adding almost 30L (when full tank is supposed to be 42).

And in amazed at the fuel economy from the earlier posters, I'm only getting around 11km/l on 30% Hw/70% city on Comfort & start stop

Twincharged
On 5/22/2023 at 8:10 PM, Weenemone said:

Does anybody else face the issue of an inaccurate fuel guage?

Mine will stay at 100% for like a few days and when I top up at half tank I always end up adding almost 30L (when full tank is supposed to be 42).

And in amazed at the fuel economy from the earlier posters, I'm only getting around 11km/l on 30% Hw/70% city on Comfort & start stop

Foot too heavy.

On 5/23/2023 at 12:36 AM, Weenemone said:

??????????

I think he means go JB to pump petrol. At the current SGD:MYR, it is basically $1 for 1L of RON97.

I have a 118i (2020). During Jun holidays i am doing slighly over 13km/l. During normal time about mid 12+.

I did a test once when i pump in JB and i pumped until the brim. From the time the pump auto-stopped until the brim, i managed to squeeze in another 15L (did not include shaking the car lol). Your 30L from half tank is likely to be partially beyond the official "full tank".

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged

to drive eco and to increase km/l seems to go against marketing theme of ultimate driving machine 😜

(edited)
On 6/19/2023 at 2:38 PM, Kar_lover said:

I think he means go JB to pump petrol. At the current SGD:MYR, it is basically $1 for 1L of RON97.

I have a 118i (2020). During Jun holidays i am doing slighly over 13km/l. During normal time about mid 12+.

I did a test once when i pump in JB and i pumped until the brim. From the time the pump auto-stopped until the brim, i managed to squeeze in another 15L (did not include shaking the car lol). Your 30L from half tank is likely to be partially beyond the official "full tank".

bro you sure u managed to add in extra 15L after auto stopped?

if you really did so, did you spent extra 1hour at the pump doing it?

Edited by Dannnn
↡ Advertisement