Increased GST, ERP, COE.... 

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
(edited)
11 minutes ago, happy_man said:

How is that possible ?

Won't "flood proofing" means also be water tight and hence problem ventilation ?

Some how will the occupant able to evacuate if need to ?

Don't think need to be water tight.. but the structure just high enuff to avoid the water..

you can still see such structure in Singapore.. one good example is at 8 Lor Buangkok.. i always wonder own by who when i cycle past.. big plot of land..

Google map can see the structure

even if today our Met service give such warning how will Singaporean react to it? I guess most will not be too bother abt it.. In a way good that such news surface to create the awareness..

Edited by Ody_2004
  • Praise 2

50 minutes ago, happy_man said:

How is that possible ?

Won't "flood proofing" means also be water tight and hence problem ventilation ?

Some how will the occupant able to evacuate if need to ?

All these homes are flood proof.

image.thumb.png.196c902a67c1373f617f5d866bfb6089.png

During dry season

image.thumb.png.f13da8ee3ef1ee3ae9852dd8cb930a9a.png

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

4 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Increased GST, ERP, COE.... 

Temasek made $240 billion profit, that is 3.5 year of SGP  total government income , no fear.  

6 hours ago, Beregond said:

we should have no problem getting pass this virus,

but dun know what gonna hit us next round😗

asteroid..

• Haha! 3

Supersonic
5 hours ago, Wt_know said:

russia ... wtf is the truck driver thinking? [hur] 

He's probably thinking. I do this everyday, no problem, I just speed faster to get across the bridge.

Same thinking as those whose car get stuck in the ponding here. No problem, I just speed across, like a hero.

• Haha! 1

Supersonic

India monsoon: Rescuers search for survivors after heavy rains

_119557370_tv068750757.jpg

Rescuers are scouring devastated parts of western India for survivors after heavy rains caused deadly floods.

Tens of thousands of people have been moved out of affected areas, with record-breaking rainfall reported along parts of the coast.

The states of Goa and Maharashtra have been badly affected, with many feared missing near the financial hub Mumbai.

At least 136 people have died in Maharashtra, while in neighbouring Goa hundreds of homes have been damaged.

Many factors contribute to flooding, but experts say climate change caused by global warming makes extreme rainfall more likely.

Heavy rains and flooding have also hit western Europe and parts of China in recent weeks, while North America has grappled with scorching heatwaves.

The monsoon season in India lasts from June to September each year.

6 hours ago, Kb27 said:

He's probably thinking. I do this everyday, no problem, I just speed faster to get across the bridge.

Same thinking as those whose car get stuck in the ponding here. No problem, I just speed across, like a hero.

Clarkson? Power....power!

Supercharged

Accordingly, the Jing Guang underground highway(京广隧道) was having traffic jam when the flash flood occurred. With estimate of 6 meters per vehicle, there should be over a thousand cars jammed in there. I hope those who lost their family can at least find the bodies.