COVID-19: Back to the Future Phase 2 (HA) 22July to 18Aug..

RadX

6 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

With ongoing development of KTV cluster, already kenna kan until upside down for not gostan.

Currently, Jurong Fish Port is the biggest community.  No P2HA sure riot.

some more got petition online to cancel NDP ... lol

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

4 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

With ongoing development of KTV cluster, already kenna kan until upside down for not gostan.

Currently, Jurong Fish Port is the biggest community.  No P2HA sure riot.

You must have faith

when fully vacine, our economy will  瘟过天晴 

A35E9FAB-2912-483A-B9FC-9CEE7E28CF89.jpeg

• Haha! 3

Hypersonic
1 minute ago, Mustank said:

You must have faith

when fully vacine, our economy will  瘟过天晴 

A35E9FAB-2912-483A-B9FC-9CEE7E28CF89.jpeg

Looks like some alien spaceship going to come thru anytime soon. 😁

(edited)
17 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

If we want to eliminate the concept of border and truly remove border control, the only realistic way is to help all the poor countries with their vaccination programs asap. If we can get above 85% for all countries across the globe, then we can eliminate this virus via a real herd immunity (localised herd immunity plus free movement with infected countries doesn't work). After that I don't really care who they open the floodgate to as "border" will no longer exist from a virology viewpoint. 

FW & FDW that comes in should be offered vaccine after passing 14/21 days quarantined and PCR test ....

FT ... this one let's decide how to manage FT import especially FT who already got vaccine from their home country

social visit pass  .... this should be the last allowed category ... and we probably opened up for "tourist" liao at that stage based on certain "easy" criteria 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 4

1 minute ago, Wt_know said:

some more got petition online to cancel NDP ... lol

No no don’t cancel ndp

put money where mouth is

you say fully vacine no fear live with Covid then show in ndp

track the participants. See 4 weeks whether got ghost or not

if no ghost, please open up travel concert ktv disco nightclub swing Singapore for the vacined 

:grin:

3 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

KTV cluster also got Golden Mile Mango.

Maybe 3 will protest.

Maid also tio and banned?  Mayb left 2.….60% more than half,  can lah can lah....  Indochina.... [:p][laugh][laugh] 

• Haha! 2

1 minute ago, Wt_know said:

and FW & FDW that comes in should be offered vaccine after 14/21 days quarantined and PCR test ....

This one I agree

they must ownself pay 

(edited)
4 minutes ago, Mustank said:

This one I agree

they must ownself pay 

subsidised la ... it's ok ... if they pass Q and PCR test ... and become 1 of "local" just like we give free vaccine to all local pass holders

it's better than ah gong throw 800M here ... 800M there ... 1-step forward, 2-steps back

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

(edited)
12 minutes ago, Mustank said:

No no don’t cancel ndp

put money where mouth is

you say fully vacine no fear live with Covid then show in ndp

track the participants. See 4 weeks whether got ghost or not

if no ghost, please open up travel concert ktv disco nightclub swing Singapore for the vacined 

:grin:

I am wondering will president do those small talk with the parade contingents or any of the ministers offer handshake with those front line spectators.🤣 President wear mask for the parade....what a sight!🤣

Movie : title "Vaccination"....a production by marvel studio.

Apologise. Can't help but to see the funny side of the ndp! Hahaha

Edited by Kopites
  • Haha! 2

4 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

apparently, unvaccinated stubborn old men are the problem, not the ktv

They want to icu let them lor

Why bother 

If their family also no vacine one then whole family icu lor, who to blame? Ownself choose one what 

No body armour want to Cheong mountain Cheong cave 

E5DA5699-6284-4C09-8B4D-5E141F3E0181.jpeg

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

(edited)
7 minutes ago, Mustank said:

They want to icu let them lor

Why bother 

If their family also no vacine one then whole family icu lor, who to blame? Ownself choose one what 

No body armour want to Cheong mountain Cheong cave 

E5DA5699-6284-4C09-8B4D-5E141F3E0181.jpeg

the problem is they "will" infect others when they fk around ... [sweatdrop] 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

Supercharged
(edited)
50 minutes ago, Beregond said:

why are we rolling backward if we are planning to live with the virus as ong said??

He already gave his explanation in a post posted by inlinesix on page 1

And I think the ceasing of dine-in is the right thing to do.

There are still 50% of the population not fully vaccinated.

More crucially, there is about 30% of seniors above 70 years old who are not fully vaccinated.  The number of people here is not small because of our ageing demographics.

if dine-in is allowed, there is a risk that  infected vaccinated people (who are not detected yet) may bring the virus home and infect these unvaccinated seniors which will then be a big problem.

To give you a bit more information, last 28 days (from 21 July), there are 948 infected cases where 412 of them (43%) are fully vaccinated people. Unvaccinated people  are only 253 cases or 27%  (see chart below)

Data : https://www.moh.gov.sg/news-highlights/details/updates-on-local-covid-19-situation-(21-july-2021)

MOH21July-1.jpg

Edited by Starry
  • Praise 2

54 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

I mean, those are the facts. The ktv cluster is already well under control, easily. The people who die die must engage in such activities are only a small minority, so the spread was limited, compared to, say, wet market situation.

So what he meant to say is it was the fish, not the oyster???

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Blueray said:

Return to Phase 2 (Heightened Alert) due to Jurong Fishery Port cluster, not KTV cluster: Ong Ye Kung

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/ong-ye-kung-covid-19-jurong-port-market-cluster-phase-2-ktv-15263610

50% and 1% more every day, it means by end Aug, we will have a vaccination rate of close to 90%, think they will run out of volunteers before that. 

After all the carrots, more sticks coming out? 

3 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

FW & FDW that comes in should be offered vaccine after passing 14/21 days quarantined and PCR test ....

FT ... this one let them decide how to manage FT especially FT who already got vaccine from their home country

social visit pass  .... this should be the last allowed category ... and we probably opened up for "tourist" liao at that stage

I suspect going forward, they are going to fully open (remove quarantine) our border, once we reach 66%, but with these protocols:

1) travelers with a covid cert; or

2) travelers with negative test.

I'm extremely uncomfortable with both because a fake covid cert is about U$20-30 while a fake negative test is about U$20-25. Also, our future generation of 500k and approximately 200k elders are all unvaccinated. 

I don't know how the implementation is going to be given how reckless and fickle-minded OYK is. PAP sycophants talks about job losses due to WFH but I also see other progressive countries (excl Japan) implementing and heading towards universal remote work arrangements. Remote working is the future and we should embrace it. Some are also implementing 4-day work week. Will they all lose their jobs? I don't think so, in fact I think it is more attractive to work in progressive countries like these.

Yes, bosses still need to travel to perform stand-by-bed inspection (i think) but the risk should be much lessened because their number is inherently smaller.

Some businesses may need to meet suppliers/customers physically to pitch and drive growth. We also need our KTV with the best hostesses to cater to their needs. For this type, I'm thinking about official inter-nation covid database where such info can be shared (when did they complete vaccination, what type of vaccine and who administered them) and this should be a standard custom clearance protocol going forward. I also recommend adding ART and PCR test at the gate. Hopefully, this eliminates the risk of fake certs and negative test results.

Anyway, these are not permanent measures, I believe covid can be defeated if all the richer countries help the poor countries achieve herd immunity on a global basis.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1