COVID-19: Back to the Future Phase 2 (HA) 22July to 18Aug..

RadX

3 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Just do a simple ceremony like last year. 

Cancel the parade.

No need to put so many performers at risk just for a few to bask in the glory.

dont forget the people spent many days to rehearse.. all got SD? if you in parade marching must stand how far from each other?

↡ Advertisement

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

It seems like copy and pastes MoH Press Release since "MOH did not provide further details regarding Case 64697".

No indication of any question being raised.

not their job to raise questions. only follow vetted questions. otherwise kena umbrage

Supersonic

Ah ma tested positive, but did not get sick. Vaccine works !

Even if they get sick, it'll be less serious': Vaccinated woman who got COVID-19 urges more to get their jabs

SINGAPORE: Sometime last month, an elderly woman who only wanted to be known as May discovered that she had contracted the coronavirus.   

She was fully vaccinated against COVID-19, having received her second dose three months before she tested positive. 

“I was very shocked and kept thinking how come I got the virus?” she told CNA. "When I was working, I felt very fine, I had no symptoms … no cough, no flu, no headache, nothing at all.”

May, who is in her 70s, works as a cashier at a restaurant in Tiong Bahru.

Her infection was detected after her employer instructed staff members to get tested before reporting for work. At the time, a growing number of cases had been detected in the area, prompting authorities to conduct testing for staff, tenants and visitors.

After she was swabbed, she went to work, only to be notified hours later that she had tested positive for COVID-19.

She was gripped by fear when she was admitted to the National Centre for Infectious Diseases (NCID) that evening.

“I was very scared, I didn’t know what to do, what happened to me and what (the hospital) would do with me once I was in there,” said May, who has several chronic diseases.

However, her fears were soon allayed as she did not experience any symptoms, even during her hospital stay.

“I felt very healthy and fine ... I just had to do swab tests, blood tests, checks for blood pressure and oxygen readings,” she said.

In fact, the only medicine she had to take was for her chronic illness.

A week later, she was discharged from the hospital and taken to a community care facility in Loyang, which is the usual arrangement for those who show mild or no symptoms.

According to the Ministry of Health's website, patients in these facilities are monitored closely in case they need to be transferred to hospital for better management and support. Most of them recover with "minimal" intervention, it stated.

May’s experience is not uncommon, and official data shows vaccination can help to prevent serious disease.

“For example, they are less likely to develop fever and less likely to have cough and shortness of breath,” said Dr Barnaby Young, a consultant at NCID.

“We have also observed they have significantly lower measures of inflammation on blood tests and are less likely to develop pneumonia.”

• Praise 11

2 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

Even if they get sick, it'll be less serious': Vaccinated woman who got COVID-19 urges more to get their jabs

SINGAPORE: Sometime last month, an elderly woman who only wanted to be known as May discovered that she had contracted the coronavirus.   

She was fully vaccinated against COVID-19, having received her second dose three months before she tested positive. 

“I was very shocked and kept thinking how come I got the virus?” she told CNA. "When I was working, I felt very fine, I had no symptoms … no cough, no flu, no headache, nothing at all.”

Her infection was detected after her employer instructed staff members to get tested before reporting for work. At the time, a growing number of cases had been detected in the area, prompting authorities to conduct testing for staff, tenants and visitors.

After she was swabbed, she went to work, only to be notified hours later that she had tested positive for COVID-19.

She was gripped by fear when she was admitted to the National Centre for Infectious Diseases (NCID) that evening.

“I was very scared, I didn’t know what to do, what happened to me and what (the hospital) would do with me once I was in there,” said May, who has several chronic diseases.

However, her fears were soon allayed as she did not experience any symptoms, even during her hospital stay.

“I felt very healthy and fine ... I just had to do swab tests, blood tests, checks for blood pressure and oxygen readings,” she said.

A week later, she was discharged from the hospital and taken to a community care facility in Loyang, which is the usual arrangement for those who show mild or no symptoms.

According to the Ministry of Health's website, patients in these facilities are monitored closely in case they need to be transferred to hospital for better management and support. Most of them recover with "minimal" intervention, it stated.

May’s experience is not uncommon, and official data shows vaccination can help to prevent serious disease.

“For example, they are less likely to develop fever and less likely to have cough and shortness of breath,” said Dr Barnaby Young, a consultant at NCID.

“We have also observed they have significantly lower measures of inflammation on blood tests and are less likely to develop pneumonia.”

this is indeed good news

best is if the lung has no damage whatsoever ... [thumbsup] 

• Praise 8

Hypersonic
14 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

One of the scenario of our gahment endemic living. Kenna also won't load the health care system.

• Praise 5

(edited)

@Turboflat4 already stressed many times that many places, people dont wear mask, anyhow smoking, chatting, TCSS or strap on chin-mask for show only. [mad] 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 6

14 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

@Turboflat4 already stressed many times that many places, people dont wear mask, anyhow smoking, chatting, TCSS or strap on chin-mask for show only. [mad] 

I got ceca friend got baby at home. He and his wife vacine Liao but baby cannot vacine mah

so I tell him don’t so hero because vacine already very dangerous one. Tio liao also donno one. Wait bring back kena the baby. but he still anyhow wear his mask

but up to him lah. Boh wa eh dai ji. My whole family vacine Liao. 功力深厚,神功护体,刀枪不入,百毒不侵 

• Haha! 6

6 hours ago, Lethalstrike said:

This is just a placebo effect. They know that they can't ban public transport and it is impractical to insist on safeentry whenever u take public transport, thus the advisory not to talk loudly to prevent your saliva from flying out of your mouth. Might as well say stop breathing when taking public transport? Ever wonder why till date still no public transport cluster? 

But ok la, this one I don't want to bash PAP, public transport is really boh bian and IS a necessity for many people. We just wear our masks well if taking public transport, and comply by not talking loudly. 

public transport may be the missing links between some clusters.....best not to know too much, since no one has a solution........

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
3 minutes ago, Mustank said:

I got ceca friend got baby at home. He and his wife vacine Liao but baby cannot vacine mah

so I tell him don’t so hero because vacine already very dangerous one. Tio liao also donno one. Wait bring back kena the baby. but he still anyhow wear his mask

but up to him lah. Boh wa eh dai ji. My whole family vacine Liao. 功力深厚,神功护体,刀枪不入,百毒不侵 

He never see data now majority of kenna infected are vaccinated. No or mild symptoms is good, but also can be spreaders, that is no good.

• Haha! 1

(edited)
14 minutes ago, Mustank said:

if ceca are so obedient … you will not see what you see in south asia country la …  

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 3

1 minute ago, Wt_know said:

if ceca are so obedient … you will not see what you see in south asia country la … [sly] 

You think sinkies so good meh?They're only ball-less in the face of authority not obedient. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

1 minute ago, Turboflat4 said:

You think sinkies so good meh?They're only ball-less in the face of authority not obedient. 

yes sir! :D 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

15 minutes ago, Ender said:

He never see data now majority of kenna infected are vaccinated. No or mild symptoms is good, but also can be spreaders, that is no good.

He very clever one lah 

he really knows his stuff one 

he no worries, i ok :XD:

• Haha! 1

Man seen without mask on train and outside court to go to trial

British national Benjamin Glynn, 40, appeared in court for a pre-trial conference on Friday (Jul 23). On Monday, he was given a new charge for failing to wear a mask outside the court.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/benjamin-glynn-no-mask-court-trial-covid-19-15274812

benjamin-glynn-state-courts--1-.jpg

• Praise 4

Hypersonic
(edited)
27 minutes ago, Blueray said:

Man seen without mask on train and outside court to go to trial

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/benjamin-glynn-no-mask-court-trial-covid-19-15274812

benjamin-glynn-state-courts--1-.jpg

What a beautiful day! A good day to go maskless!

Masks are for losers!

🤣

Surprisingly he haven’t kenna Covid.

Edited by Fcw75
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1