COVID-19: Back to the Future Phase 2 (HA) 22July to 18Aug..

RadX

Hypersonic
(edited)

Very very strong words of accusation from this Andy Wong. 😅

Will get POFMA?

Run behind the scenes by the same organized crime groups, these illegal brothels have become a normalized, even integral, part of many business dealings -- particularly among local and mainland Chinese business communities -- as well as serving as money laundering fronts for the criminal enterprises bankrolling their operations.

The KTVs are not just playgrounds for the rich. They draw regular patrons from all segments of society, including uniformed military leaders and civil servants alike. Numbering in the hundreds before the pandemic, such establishments -- and the foreign women employed there -- were tolerated by the authorities in addition to Singapore's "official" red-light district of Geylang.

Edited by Fcw75
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 2

(edited)
19 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Very very strong words of accusation from this Andy Wong. 😅

Will get POFMA?

Run behind the scenes by the same organized crime groups, these illegal brothels have become a normalized, even integral, part of many business dealings -- particularly among local and mainland Chinese business communities -- as well as serving as money laundering fronts for the criminal enterprises bankrolling their operations.

The KTVs are not just playgrounds for the rich. They draw regular patrons from all segments of society, including uniformed military leaders and civil servants alike. Numbering in the hundreds before the pandemic, such establishments -- and the foreign women employed there -- were tolerated by the authorities in addition to Singapore's "official" red-light district of Geylang.

Wah, now I worry for forwarding fake / unverified news since they can’t go after Nikkei. 

Maybe they can.

Edited by Voodooman
  • Haha! 2

Hypersonic
2 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Wah, now I worry for forwarding fake / unverified news since they can’t go after Nikkei. 

Maybe they can.

The guy is based in Singapore somemore.

Godspeed to him.

• Haha! 2

23 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Maybe they can.

Nikkei printed copy might not be allowed to sell here.

• Praise 2

On 7/22/2021 at 8:25 AM, Fcw75 said:

I support Vietnam!

Canot say Indian variant, cannot say Indian variant must say Delta variant.

So why keep saying Vietnamese KTV and Vietnamese women.

What is Vietnamese about the KTV?

And why cannot use Asian women?

:D

Vietnam not in Asia meh?

Why keep saying Vietnamese, Vietnamese, Vietnamese?

So racist one!

image.thumb.png.f2d7d4c0454314bba144f1d59f38ee4d.png

• Haha! 4

Hypersonic
1 minute ago, Jamesc said:

I support Vietnam!

Canot say Indian variant, cannot say Indian variant must say Delta variant.

So why keep saying Vietnamese KTV and Vietnamese women.

What is Vietnamese about the KTV?

And why cannot use Asian women?

Vietnam not in Asia meh?

Why keep saying Vietnamese, Vietnamese, Vietnamese?

So racist one!

image.thumb.png.f2d7d4c0454314bba144f1d59f38ee4d.png

Me too!

• Haha! 1

Let us show more support to all the hard working Vietnamese people working here.

If we didn't need them they would not be working here.

image.thumb.png.07daff8efc6d868e7fa3e629015cc93e.png

• Haha! 1

34 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

The guy is based in Singapore somemore.

Godspeed to him.

Maybe he wants to go home, like that UK guy. Lol

• Haha! 1

Ktv is very important, and many businesses are done there. We can't talk about trades as our lifeline and living with endemic while on the hand closing ktv. It is as important as golf. 1 is day time and 1 is night time. Both serve the same purpose.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

2 hours ago, Voodooman said:

Air and sea border control have been  breached, with MY’s situation getting out of control, can Delta be stopped at Woodlands and Tuas?  Heard we have vaccinated all the MY drivers but that is not fool proof as well. 

We can delay but i doubt we can stop delta, even China has outbreaks. Which country has no Delta? It is scary. 

Banks are regulated and they have the best internal controls in the world but from time to time, trading frauds happened. This does not mean we take out all the internal controls of the banks, remove risk management / Compliance/ audit and simply let it be. These banks are still accountable to their shareholders and regulators and they have to try all means to protect public interest (deposits, equities and bonds). 

I hope above is a good analogy to let you understand why we cannot let virus enter Singapore freely.

• Praise 1

(edited)
4 hours ago, Wt_know said:

with approval from gf/wife ....

given 2-shots for the family ...  muahahaha

I know why they are anxious to get old people vaccinated but I understand many old people have prior illness and their immunity is compromised. While they say it is safe but said old people, having survived cancer, etc, do not want to change anything in their life. Lest we forget, this vaccine was specially and hastily approved in record time and if I'm one of them, I will have reservations also.

Btw I'm not an anti vaccination guy and I got both shots already. I'm saying this because if we really want to give people choice, then don't impose communist propaganda on them and let them decide. Maybe Novavax is a good choice but if have to wait, then wait for it.

Edited by Weez911
  • Praise 3

10 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

I know why they are anxious to get old people vaccinated but I understand many old people have prior illness and their immunity is compromised. While they say it is safe but said old people, having survived cancer, etc, do not want to change anything in their life. Lest we forget, this vaccine was specially and hastily approved in record time and if I'm one of them, I will have reservations also.

Btw I'm not an anti vaccination guy and I got both shots already. I'm saying this because if we really want to give people choice, then don't impose communist propaganda on them and let them decide. Maybe Novavax is a good choice but if have to wait, then wait for it.

As of 22 Jul

C25228EF-E248-4D20-98CF-45630BD4A274.jpeg

• Praise 1

Supersonic
9 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

No one knows when Novavax will reach here? Some would say it is a risk to wait for it when the cases are high currently? 😅

Hypersonic
(edited)

Vaccination the for old folks going up. My dad,  above 85, had his first jab today too. 

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 4

(edited)
44 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

Banks are regulated and they have the best internal controls in the world but from time to time, trading frauds happened. This does not mean we take out all the internal controls of the banks, remove risk management / Compliance/ audit and simply let it be. These banks are still accountable to their shareholders and regulators and they have to try all means to protect public interest (deposits, equities and bonds). 

I hope above is a good analogy to let you understand why we cannot let virus enter Singapore freely.

Errr…..

Just because i mentioned that if overseas data can prove that high  vaccination rate can keep hospitalisation and death rate very low does not mean that I am for total uncontrolled opening of the borders and in your words, “free entry” of  virus into Singapore.  

I believe Singapore lives and the economy are at stake and the reopening will be cautious and gradual, and supported by data, not some motherhood statements.

I have come to accept that we will need to live with this virus for many years, you can believe what you want to believe.

Edited by Voodooman
  • Praise 1

(edited)
8 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Errr…..

Just because i mentioned that if overseas data can prove that high  vaccination rate can keep hospitalisation and death rate very low does not mean that I am for total uncontrolled opening of the borders and in your words, “free entry” of  virus into Singapore.  

I believe Singapore lives and the economy are at stake and the reopening will be cautious and gradual, and supported by data, not some motherhood statements.

I have come to accept that we will need to live with this virus for many years, you can believe what you want to believe.

You have never stated how we can open up, but just keep posting hundred of posts about freedom. 

To be fair, all your posts are motherhood. Why don't you do a look back?

Edited by Weez911

(edited)
On 7/22/2021 at 1:54 PM, Voodooman said:

Was having a chat with friends on WhatsApp on reopening in the event vaccination is proven to be effective at keeping the vaccinated out of hospitals. 

1.  Most with families that are and or can be fully vaccinated think we should once overseas data proved that our medical resources won't be overwhelmed and few will die.

2.  Some with families that cannot or don't want to be vaccinated think we should open up much later (similar to Weez911's position). 

3. Some want to WFH, so they want status quo. 😂

4. Some want to travel and don't mind reopening with countries with high vaccination rate and low hospitalisation rate. 

Tricky for G. 

3. "Some" want to WFH only? Some?

All my employees prefer WFH, so much so I got whistle blow by my own employee for making him come back to work.

You want to ask your pro WIO friends to contact me? I love hardworking employees and I can pay them well if they are keen to come back to office and work with me everyday.

Edited by Weez911
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1